Official Trade Rumors Thread

tiger0330

Legend
POR sends Crabbe to Brooklyn for Nicholson.

Prelude to a Melo deal? Clearing space for Ryno?
I think this leaves Portland out of contention for being in the Melo deal. I think the Knicks would have an interest in acquiring Crabbe in a 3 way so they could have included him as part of a Melo trade. Looks to be a luxury tax move cutting salary and reducing luxury tax, they're reportedly waiving Nicholson and stretching his contract.

Broadway

All Star
I should've originally placed this here...According to Cavs assistant GM

I don't believe Suns would do this at least not at the onset but if true it only means other offers for Kyrie(those teams who really have strong interest in him) have to be pretty strong.

For the record Isola says Cavs are disinterested in Melo + 2 picks for Kyrie, which seems correct at present.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
LeBron James will be working out with Derrick Rose, Eric Bledsoe and others in Las Vegas, according to ESPN's Chris Haynes.

This will probably help fuel the Bledsoe for Kyrie Irving trade rumors. Although, Bledsoe and LeBron have been close for years, they have worked out together before, and they both have Rich Paul as their agent. In other words, this is not a surprise and there's a very good chance this has nothing to do with the trade rumor. Bledsoe has said he'd like to win now and the Suns would probably like to move him to focus on their player development, so expect plenty of rumors to follow.

(Rotoworld)

mafra

Legend
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, the Heat "are willing to part with Goran Dragic and Justise Winslow as centerpieces" in a trade for Kyrie Irving.
It's a strong offer from Miami, but Wojnarowski notes that, due to the strained relationship between Miami and Cleveland, "there's little chance for a deal unless the Heat offered an overwhelming package." The key to the trade would be how Cleveland views Winslow, who is a promising prospect but has had a rocky start to his NBA career. Woj also reports that six other teams have submitted formal offers for Irving: San Antonio Spurs, L.A. Clippers, Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves and the New York Knicks.

Broadway

All Star
So Cleveland wants the Denver Melo package but teams as of now have possibly offered the Bulls Butler package

Bulls received for Butler

Markannen Pick 7
Dunn Pick 4
Lavine Pick 13

In comparison by talent/valued asset comparison without including #kporzee(which we said we wouldn't do for now) that would be...

Knits Pick 8
2018 Pick(Top 5 protected)
WHG
Melo

for

Kyrie
Tristan
2019 and 2020 2nd rounders

In no way am I suggesting we should attempt to get this done, because it will compromise us further to best offers . Cleveland will probably get somewhere between Butler/Melo value, which is exactly why we should stay far away from this deal. But we have put in an offer thus assisting Cleveland establishing Kyrie's trade value. If we were going to consider involvement it should've only been on our terms and that's making Cleveland come to us if and when they would become desperate...place a call but no offer like Boston and 10 other teams have done

Knicks always playing Checkers

mafra

Legend
The New York Knicks are among six teams who have already made an offer to the Cleveland Cavaliers for guard Kyrie Irving, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Approximately 20 teams, according to Wojnarowski, have inquired about Irving since he reportedly requested to be traded out of Cleveland, however the Knicks, San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves and Miami Heat are the only teams to make an offer for the 25-year-old former No. 1 pick.

The Knicks and Cavaliers have been in trade talks that focused on swapping Irving for Carmelo Anthony with a potential third team being involved, however the Cavaliers, according to Wojnarowski, are seeking a return of young players and draft picks similar to what the Denver Nuggets acquired from the Knicks in exchange for Anthony in 2011.

Theknicksblog.com

tiger0330

Legend
The New York Knicks are among six teams who have already made an offer to the Cleveland Cavaliers for guard Kyrie Irving, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Approximately 20 teams, according to Wojnarowski, have inquired about Irving since he reportedly requested to be traded out of Cleveland, however the Knicks, San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Clippers, Phoenix Suns, Minnesota Timberwolves and Miami Heat are the only teams to make an offer for the 25-year-old former No. 1 pick.

The Knicks and Cavaliers have been in trade talks that focused on swapping Irving for Carmelo Anthony with a potential third team being involved, however the Cavaliers, according to Wojnarowski, are seeking a return of young players and draft picks similar to what the Denver Nuggets acquired from the Knicks in exchange for Anthony in 2011.

Theknicksblog.com
If Kyrie had a NTC he'd have leverage to force a trade to NY but he doesn't and with 20 teams showing interest the Knicks have no chance at getting him unless they want to trade KP and Melo for Kyrie and TT. Cleveland would probably ask for a first rounder in that deal as well. KP is probably the only asset the Cavs would want on the Knicks roster.

and1

Rotation player
i don't think kyrie's coming here. he'll end up in miami before he comes here. i'm not even sweating it. and i sure as hell don't want to trade any of our future 1st rounders for him. i like kyrie, but not THAT much.
there's only 4 players right now i'd be willing to trade future 1st rounders for. curry, durant, giannis, and KAT. and none of those are going to happen, so fuhgedaboudit.

and1

Rotation player
the more i think about it, the more i get the feeling that signing sessions is part of a move to trade melo to houston without having to include any future 1st rounders.

paris401

Starter
the more i think about it, the more i get the feeling that signing sessions is part of a move to trade melo to houston without having to include any future 1st rounders.

how does that work?? somebody , somewhere has to take ryan anderson and his 61m.... u gotta ask yourself, who's the einstein that gave this slow,no "D" white boy, who aint that great of a shooter this contract... and who wants him....

how does that work?? somebody , somewhere has to take ryan anderson and his 61m.... u gotta ask yourself, who's the einstein that gave this slow,no "D" white boy, who aint that great of a shooter this contract... and who wants him....

The Einstein is Daryl Morey because even a good GM couldn't predict a future where 2 members of team banana boat wanted to be on his payroll.

and1

Rotation player
okay, maybe it won't work for a trade situation - although i still think it could, i got a hunch d'anphony would like someone like sessions to back up harden and paul - but i still don't think this is a terrible signing.
let me ask you guys something. if we fully tank this season and get a top pick, in the end guys like KP, hernangomez, kuz, baker, nitty obviously, dotson and even o'quinn still won't have any playoff experience.
which do you think is more important? full-on tank and getting MAYBE a top 5 pick? and think about this, because as knicks fans we know we won't get the pick our record ends up reflecting. it'll be worse.
or, is it more important to maybe win enough games to actually GET IN the playoffs and give these younger dudes some experience in there?
i'm very curious to hear what folks think about that.

mafra

Legend
Joe Vardon of the Cleveland Plain Dealer said the Cavaliers have named their price for Kyrie Irving.

Per Vardon, the Cavaliers want a veteran starter, a blue chipper on a rookie contract and a first-round pick for the superstar PG. Vardon adds that the Cavs are "working diligently to make Irving happy" and that they intend to grant his trade request. One possible destination is Phoenix with the Suns offering Eric Bledsoe and a 2018 first-round pick (via Miami), but they are not willing to include Josh Jackson which is a major roadblock for this potential trade.

-------
Would anyone deal Melo, Ntikilina and our 2018 1st? Sounds like this is the price.... who else will meet those demands and have what cLE wants?

Joe Vardon of the Cleveland Plain Dealer said the Cavaliers have named their price for Kyrie Irving.

Per Vardon, the Cavaliers want a veteran starter, a blue chipper on a rookie contract and a first-round pick for the superstar PG. Vardon adds that the Cavs are "working diligently to make Irving happy" and that they intend to grant his trade request. One possible destination is Phoenix with the Suns offering Eric Bledsoe and a 2018 first-round pick (via Miami), but they are not willing to include Josh Jackson which is a major roadblock for this potential trade.

-------
Would anyone deal Melo, Ntikilina and our 2018 1st? Sounds like this is the price.... who else will meet those demands and have what cLE wants?

That price makes me think of us, Phoenix, Boston, and Philly (except substitute another young blue chipper for the veteran). I don't think we should do it, because, to put it bluntly, putting Kyrie on this team with his score-first mindset and terrible defense (not to mention he thinks the world is flat) would basically put us right into another Melo-type era.

That said, a price of Melo, Ntilkina, and one 1st round pick is very reasonable for an All-Star player.

Last edited:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
That price makes me think of us, Phoenix, Boston, and Philly (except substitute another young blue chipper for the veteran). I don't think we should do it, because, to put it bluntly, putting Kyrie on this team with his score-first mindset and terrible defense (not to mention he thinks the world is flat) would basically put us right into another Melo-type era.

That said, a price of Melo, Ntilkina, and one 1st round pick is very reasonable for an All-Star player.

Melo tread all over again? aren't we supposed to be rebuilding?

Honest answers. Does anyone want us to push hard to trade for Kyrie Irving, including Ntilikina in the package, because then we won't have to worry anymore that we screwed up taking Ntilkina over Summer League darling DSJ?

and1

Rotation player
Honest answers. Does anyone want us to push hard to trade for Kyrie Irving, including Ntilikina in the package, because then we won't have to worry anymore that we screwed up taking Ntilkina over Summer League darling DSJ?

i'm not worried that we screwed up drafting nitty over DSJ in the first place, but i seem to be in the very small minority there haha.
so i guess my answer is no. i don't want to include nitty in the trade deal, ESPECIALLY if it also costs us a future 1st rounder next summer. i don't want to do the cavs anymore favors. at least nitty can play defense.
nah, i like kyrie and i'd be excited if he came to the knicks, but i don't want to give up too much for him. he can always sign with us when he becomes a free agent if it's true how bad he wants to come here. by then we'll have a good idea of what nitty's potential can and will be.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kyrie Irving was a BUST first round pick in Cleveland his first two seasons in the NBA .. I don't know what level of ball Kyrie could perform without having Lebron-Lebron running the show for 40 minutes a night .... and I don't want to find out having Kyrie in a Knicks uniform .. let Phoenix or the next NBA Team give shoot-first Kyrie the chance to lead their point.

Kiyaman

Legend
I would not give up Frank Nitty defensive prowness for no defense Kyrie in a one on one trade .. its bad enough we are stuck with no defense Tim Hardaway Jr for the next few years