Official Trade Rumors Thread

Broadway

All Star
I at least hope the Knicks proposed a Calderon/Lawson swap.

This trade was highway robbery for the Rox, other than that pick the players involved were hot garbage. For what they gave up, even if Lawson relapses, it was worth the risk to do this trade.

They way I look at it is Johnson, Papoose, 22nd(guessing where Rocks finish) pick(Bobby Portis type talent in a deep draft) for Ty Lawson...that's good value. Nick Johnson and Pap can play if given minutes. Denver also got about $5mil in cap space

If you couple Rockets pick(lottery protected) with the pick they own from us in swap right fashion or if things work out to where they keep their own.....They have a package of picks to move in a draft should they prefer to do so.

They got this for a drunk.

Rockets aren't trying to find out much with who they are. They have only 1 thing left to figure out and that's if they're championship material. Do you see this move putting the Rockets any further ahead than where they were last yr? I don't! So I can't look at this trade as robbery. They may have filled a need but not sure if they grab a Top 4 seed considering how deep the west is. I guess Billy Ocean is gonna have to come off the bench "Caribbean BackUp" style

tiger0330

Legend
They way I look at it is Johnson, Papoose, 22nd(guessing where Rocks finish) pick(Bobby Portis type talent in a deep draft) for Ty Lawson...that's good value. Nick Johnson and Pap can play if given minutes. Denver also got about $5mil in cap space

If you couple Rockets pick(lottery protected) with the pick they own from us in swap right fashion or if things work out to where they keep their own.....They have a package of picks to move in a draft should they prefer to do so.

They got this for a drunk.

Rockets aren't trying to find out much with who they are. They have only 1 thing left to figure out and that's if they're championship material. Do you see this move putting the Rockets any further ahead than where they were last yr? I don't! So I can't look at this trade as robbery. They may have filled a need but not sure if they grab a Top 4 seed considering how deep the west is. I guess Billy Ocean is gonna have to come off the bench "Caribbean BackUp" style[/QUOTE]

Haha, you made me laugh. You have to separate the trade out from whether this move improved them against the rest of the WC, the Clips and Spurs got a lot better. The Clips now have a bench compared to last year and the Spurs it goes without saying getting LMA and DWest.

The Nuggets will waive Prigs and may waive Kostas since his contract is non-guaranteed if they waive him by early October so the Rox got him for Nick Johnson and that 22nd pick but get back a second rounder the following year. That's a steal for a guy that ranked in the 99th percentile for points per possession when you factor in his assists. There is a question about how well he plays with Harden but Harden has been crying about getting another ball handler to take some pressure off of him when teams trap him and you couldn't find a better guy than Lawson to do that. The Rox now have one of the best defensive PG's in Pat Beverly and an offensive stud in Lawson whose numbers compare very favorably to John Wall, that's got to make them better this year.

Broadway

All Star
Oh and....

NEW YORK -– New York Knickerbockers President Phil Jacksonannounced today that the team has acquired forwards Quincy Acy andTravis Outlaw from the Sacramento Kings in exchange for guard Wayne Ellington and forward Jeremy Tyler. In addition, the Knicks have reduced the protection on the 2016 second-round draft selection acquired by Sacramento, via Portland.

Ellington is in Brooklyn. Traded Travis Law to Philly with 2 2nd round picks so Travis Wear could get a deal a guy who may not make the team this yr.

All of this 1 yr after a trade everyone said Phil won.

tiger0330

Legend
Richard Jefferson changes his mind about re-signing with the Mavs and is near a deal with the Cavs. Not quite like DJ because RJ discussed it with Cuban first.

Broadway

All Star
Not that Napier is going to make the difference but I predict the Magic will finish ahead of the Knicks this year and I doubt they make the playoffs.

I believe the same...matter of fact they are my most likely surprise team. With the improved growth of Aaron Gordon, Oladipo, Vucevic, added additions of Hezonja and now Napier with new hire Skiles they are gonna go ham on nights you wouldn't expect.

I can't figure out who we're going to be better than in the East, other than the Sixers maybe.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ty Lawson hooked up with the Beard n D.Howard making Beverly the Rockets 6th Man

The Orlando Magic will acquire Miami's Shabazz Napier for a protected future second-round pick
Wow, Shabazz Napier been reduce to a 2nd round pick

Veteran Lou Williams skipped over the Knicks to sign with the Lakers

Samuel Dalembert took his defensive-effort back to Dallas

The Doc/CP3/Blake Griffin LA Clippers will be in the WCF in 2015-16
In addition to resigning DeAndre Jordan, the Clippers traded for Lance Stephenson, re-signed Austin Rivers and signed Paul Pierce, Josh Smith, Cole Aldrich and Wesley Johnson in free agency.

I believe the same...matter of fact they are my most likely surprise team. With the improved growth of Aaron Gordon, Oladipo, Vucevic, added additions of Hezonja and now Napier with new hire Skiles they are gonna go ham on nights you wouldn't expect.

I can't figure out who we're going to be better than in the East, other than the Sixers maybe.

When so many teams are still going to be below 0.500 in the East this year, what does it even matter? Either you're in the same class as Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago, Milwaukee, Toronto, Washington, and maybe Miami and Indiana or you're not.

Our team needs to fight to be more respectable this season so that maybe someone other than tier C or worse free agents will want to play here. We also need to develop Porzingis and Grant. Being better or worse than teams like Orlando this coming season is basically wondering if we're going to win 37 or 27 games.

tiger0330

Legend
When so many teams are still going to be below 0.500 in the East this year, what does it even matter? Either you're in the same class as Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago, Milwaukee, Toronto, Washington, and maybe Miami and Indiana or you're not.

Our team needs to fight to be more respectable this season so that maybe someone other than tier C or worse free agents will want to play here. We also need to develop Porzingis and Grant. Being better or worse than teams like Orlando this coming season is basically wondering if we're going to win 37 or 27 games.
Can't wait to see the ESPN computer rankings for the Knicks this season. Last year they predicted the Knicks would finish under .500 but make the playoffs, you have to think that a team without Stat, JR, Shump and even Dally would rank lower than last years team.

Grant may start at some point this season, he can create his own shot which Calderon can't and I think the Knicks are going with the patient approach with Zinger and bring him along slowly, maybe give him 10-18 minutes a game to start. They have a lot riding on those two, with no first rounder next year and getting off to a slow start in rebuilding through FA Grant and Zinger are the guys that are pivotal to the Knicks turning it around.

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like the Celts aren't keeping him.

I just looked at his career numbers, not great and his summer league was meh as well. I guess my eye test was wrong about the guy.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
I was just scanning the FA list and there's not much left. Some scrub big men and Willie Green, Dorrel Wright for shooting. Dragic is going to be available when the Celts release him. Maybe the Knicks sign no one heading into training camp.