So When Will Fans Stop Whining About Officials?

Broadway

All Star
Because you know as I've been saying for yrs...

"WATCH ANY GAME ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT AND YOU'LL SEE TEAMS GET SCREWED"

http://official.nba.com/

They are the worst professionals in all of sports. They aren't good at their job, no matter the team. Most of what they're bad at has nothing to do with made or missed calls but more so with the inconsistency in how they manage the game.

Enough is Enough about the officials! btw the officials screwed over the Rockets more so in the final minutes of our last game played but if you only listened to our fans you would think otherwise.

GOD BLESS AND GOODNIGHT!!!!!

Last edited:

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Because you know as I've been saying for yrs...

"WATCH ANY GAME ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT AND YOU'LL SEE TEAMS GET SCREWED"

http://official.nba.com/

They are the worst professionals in all of sports. They aren't good at their job, no matter the team. Most of what they're bad at has nothing to do with made or missed calls but more so with the inconsistency in how they manage the game.

Enough is Enough about the officials! btw the officials screwed over the Rockets more so in the final minutes of our last game played but if you only listened to our fans you would think otherwise.

GOD BLESS AND GOODNIGHT!!!!!

the inconsistency is so frustrating, yes I watch a lot of games and you can choose any team and any game and find horrible officiating.

I don't see what this thread accomplishes. It seems unnecessarily condescending.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I don't see what this thread accomplishes. It seems unnecessarily condescending.

Actually the thread should accomplish a lot. Like ignore 95% of what I posted and only use the link, no biggie there.

Although the link only provides data in the final minutes of games(which plenty games are decided), you can fact check what actually got called during these moments. So if someone was trying to find agenda driven officiating, this site should provide a trail and/or some sense of evidence. Does it cover the full 48min of play, NO!.... but once again we're focussing on the moments when games are in balance. You can see if the same teams show up on a given night(who the officiating crew was) and what kind of calls prove to be the most erroneous.

I think it's cool we have a resource now to fact check reffing to a moderate degree and maybe just maybe as the trail of evidence builds, it may just may(not holding my breath here) cause these refs to focus on improving their game too. If this forum wasn't exclusively Knicks but NBA abroad I would have made the same "condescending" thread. I hate the incessant complaining about refs no matter the sport as if they truly were the main/major factor for any team's losses over an entire season, GET REAL!

Actually the thread should accomplish a lot. Like ignore 95% of what I posted and only use the link, no biggie there.

Although the link only provides data in the final minutes of games(which plenty games are decided), you can fact check what actually got called during these moments. So if someone was trying to find agenda driven officiating, this site should provide a trail and/or some sense of evidence. Does it cover the full 48min of play, NO!.... but once again we're focussing on the moments when games are in balance. You can see if the same teams show up on a given night(who the officiating crew was) and what kind of calls prove to be the most erroneous.

I think it's cool we have a resource now to fact check reffing to a moderate degree and maybe just maybe as the trail of evidence builds, it may just may(not holding my breath here) cause these refs to focus on improving their game too. If this forum wasn't exclusively Knicks but NBA abroad I would have made the same "condescending" thread. I hate the incessant complaining about refs no matter the sport as if they truly were the main/major factor for any team's losses over an entire season, GET REAL!

Fair enough. Counterpoint: it is the right of any sports fan to complain about officiating, their team's coach, GM, and star player, and the bias of the announcers whenever they feel appropriate. It is a part of watching sports.

Broadway

All Star
Fair enough. Counterpoint: it is the right of any sports fan to complain about officiating, their team's coach, GM, and star player, and the bias of the announcers whenever they feel appropriate. It is a part of watching sports.

You can go in your backyard butt naked and Flava Flav dance 24/7 doesn't mean you don't look like a fool doing it. Even more foolish when one tries to justify and pass off as factual from what they witnessed when that's not what took place or leave out gaping holes of truth. It's one of the reasons color commentators as you mentioned aren't respected because many of them homer and don't present truth-reality(which used to be the principle function of their job). Like you probably hate listening to Boston commentators because......?

The complaints about refs is really only justified in demanding excellence from them as professionals(everything they do on the court) anything outside of this is suspect homerism and a reflection of one's inability to see the game as it is.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't disagree with you at all, Broadway, but you only pop in here lately when the Knicks are doing bad. That's not good either.

Broadway

All Star
I don't disagree with you at all, Broadway, but you only pop in here lately when the Knicks are doing bad. That's not good either.

My first post back from Summer posting was in a game thread(3weeks back) we won the game. I said I couldn't stand watching the team overall because I can see through the bs. Porzingis/Willy/Holiday(I like them)...wish Randle(wanted to see him most) would get his call up. I said from jump(before season started) I was down on this team.

I absolutely hate Derrick Rose(back from RealGM days coming out of College hate) and can't stand Jennings either. Have they played okay I guess but they aren't my cup of tea. I don't even discuss Melo anymore

The primary reason I'm back posting is because I'm anticipating some movement in the league. December 15th was the gateway to the whole league. Matter of fact I think Korver just got traded to the Cavs.

I've lurked and checked some game threads here and there it just so happen I caught the slick ref talk again from the whole Knick nation which is almost a yr to date when this started last yr. I spend most my time on Twitter and even then I'm not posting much Knick stuff just hating away to hate. I've ignored 95% of this season.

I agree not a good look but it's purely coincidental. Go look at most game threads I haven't posted in hardly any of them win or lose. If I showed up only when we lost you'd have a point but I don't. I haven't spoken on any specific negatives about this team really all yr NONE...and there are plenty.

Broadway

All Star
Happy New Year B. Great seeing those posts of yours today, KOL missed your input around here.

I promise to make more of an effort to accentuate the positives if and when I watch the Knicks no matter the results. I get it, fans want positivity spin but some foolery I will not entertain, either I won't post or I'm gonna speak my mind with the realness.

Man I hope 2016 treated you well and may 2017 outdo it by leaps and bounds. Matter of fact you've been my Chason Randle fix here and there with the news, thanks. I don't follow the NBDL at all anymore. I've kind of trailed back on ball somewhat but have picked up a little bit largely due to Westbrook and Harden

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
This is personally very upsetting, my 2017 was off to a great start but thanks to Broadway I will never feel the same doing the Flava Flav dance butt naked in my backyard... thanks buddy, thanks

and1

Rotation player
i will never stop whining about the officials. a lot of them suck. and some of them probably get an extra check from vegas. hee hee hee :smokin:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
i will never stop whining about the officials. a lot of them suck. and some of them probably get an extra check from vegas. hee hee hee :smokin:
Now that you mention that, i remember watching the Dis(honesty) documentary on netflix a couple of weeks ago. Former referee Tim Donaghy (remember him?) talks about how he used to make bad calls in order to get bigger paychecks and how certain owners / players / teams get special treatment from the league. And how the organized crime gets gambling tips..

fast forward at 21:16

Broadway

All Star
Now that you mention that, i remember watching the Dis(honesty) documentary on netflix a couple of weeks ago. Former referee Tim Donaghy (remember him?) talks about how he used to make bad calls in order to get bigger paychecks and how certain owners / players / teams get special treatment from the league. And how the organized crime gets gambling tips..

fast forward at 21:16

I touched on this last yr, almost a yr to date...here was my reply to Chief/Tig exchange after we beat the Sixers

https://www.knicksonline.com/forums...vs-Philadelphia-Sixers-1-00pm-1-18-2016/page5

Not gonna fly because when the old refs were running the league everyone was sitting on Donaghy's lap listening to him tell gully stories of what they were doing back then.

If you as a grown man can't deal with the fact they are bad at their profession and truly want to tell your heart they have vendettas against specific teams and specific crews work games of exclusivity, then the next thing you should be asking yourself is why do I watch the games?

As far as stats goes yes....I started a thread 2 mos ago allowing everyone to see the league is showing a record of calls down the last minutes of a game which would be consistent with how they ref the entire game in general. Seems like no one bothered to click on the link in thread, no one investigated on their own?....yet fans scour the internet for other data why not this since it's talked about almost after every loss or tight game we play?

And yes it's logical to think the last 2min of games with reffing data would be consistent with the first 46min. Again talking yourself into believing otherwise you'll continue to expose yourself.

What I'm not denying are bad calls/no calls...yes they happen we've been on short end of them in several games but we've also been on the better end several games. The same trash crew we saw today will officiate another game tomorrow(not ours) and will screw another team over. So no fan has any merit whatsoever to complain about them it balances out.

It's not really about complaining vs complaining with the view they are sticking it to your team most games if not every game intentionally and not really concerned at how well they go about exercising their profession throughout a season.

Besides, if we lose more games due to their crap calls or non calls doesn't that mean we get a big surprise in the summer or is that phony baloney too?