Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Utah Jazz 9:00pm 12/09/2015

tiger0330

Legend
We give up 60 in a half and compound that by scoring 35... Ouch and ugly all around. Maybe we should've listened more when we interviewed Luke Walton
I remember I commented in that NBA finals thread that don't let the commentators kid you about Kerr doing such a great coaching job and that DFish could win with that team. I think Walton proves that with that record win streak. They're deep playing without Barnes and Bogut and still killing it.

mafra

Legend
Get a little sick of Melo's 3 pt air balls. Don't shoot 'em if they don't come close.

Let's be honest: best thing for our future is for a patented NYK run of 3-20 or something. Stink so bad Melo begs for a trade and we blow it all up and build around PORZ

tiger0330

Legend
Nice pass by Sasha. He was way past the 3 pt line threading that alley opp pass to DWill. 2nd unit trying to make this game respectable.

Broadway

All Star
Seems like Melo's barking in the media has backfired on him and the team tonight. Almost as if the refs were sending a message to him. I've seen really no benefit in any scenario bitching about reffing from fans to player unless you're the poster child or face of the league. But hey I guess some are happy he put it out on blast because he won the battle. The key is to always win the war and only the smart ones realize this.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Melo is 3-11.

Our second scoring option (Affalo) has 4 points.

Melo and Affalo need to give us 50 points a night... Not 20.

mafra

Legend
Galloway-grant-Affalo have 7 points combined. It's impossible to win with this type of back court BBall. Gallo and Grant shouldn't be in the NBA and Affalo is a #3-4 guard... Not a starter...
UTAH second string guards eating us alive.

tiger0330

Legend
Galloway-grant-Affalo have 7 points combined. It's impossible to win with this type of back court BBall. Gallo and Grant shouldn't be in the NBA and Affalo is a #3-4 guard... Not a starter...
UTAH second string guards eating us alive.
Looking like the talent on this team is what we expected before the season began mediocre. Berman wrote an article saying that PJ Signings Lead The Knicks into Mediocrity. Only AA got a good grade of B+ of all the signings.

mafra

Legend
Looking like the talent on this team is what we expected before the season began mediocre. Berman wrote an article saying that PJ Signings Lead The Knicks into Mediocrity. Only AA got a good grade of B+ of all the signings.

Can't dispute what has transpired on the court, in front of our very eyes. Without PORZ... This is probably a 6-17 team right now.

Is it chemistry? Coaching? Lack of talent? The system? Players not healthy? A combination of everything?

To me, it's clearly 3 things:

1- Melo put off surgery for 3 months... Still recovering. Team suffers. We build this team around a supposed star... And most nights he scores 17 points.

2- Affalo injury cost this team "together" time. Couldn't build chemistry. He was never gonna be what we needed (a second scoring option).... But we hoped for much more offense than this.

3- Having one of the worst back courts in NBA.... Yet again... In a guard-driven league. Galloway-grant-Calderon-Affalo-Sasha.... This is like what an expansion team would have as depth.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Let's be honest: best thing for our future is for a patented NYK run of 3-20 or something. Stink so bad Melo begs for a trade and we blow it all up and build around PORZ
Mafra, I am done until there's a new coach. No sane team will want Melo whose career appears over. The last decent game against Houston without Melo shows he hurts the team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Can't dispute what has transpired on the court, in front of our very eyes. Without PORZ... This is probably a 6-17 team right now.

Is it chemistry? Coaching? Lack of talent? The system? Players not healthy? A combination of everything?

To me, it's clearly 3 things:

1- Melo put off surgery for 3 months... Still recovering. Team suffers. We build this team around a supposed star... And most nights he scores 17 points.

2- Affalo injury cost this team "together" time. Couldn't build chemistry. He was never gonna be what we needed (a second scoring option).... But we hoped for much more offense than this.

3- Having one of the worst back courts in NBA.... Yet again... In a guard-driven league. Galloway-grant-Calderon-Affalo-Sasha.... This is like what an expansion team would have as depth.

Mafra .. There's NO CHEMISTRY!
2- Calderon is our starter PG
3- KP has no experience at being a starter in the NBA
4- Our no-defense no-chemistry $124M player average the most minute n most shot attempts per game
5- Coach Fisher does not coach the bench players to add depth off the bench.

Kiyaman

Legend
WTF is Fisher gonna say to Phil after this 3 game road trip??? duh duh duh

I didn't get a chance to watch the first quarter, but what i seen from the short minutes of our starters lineup in the 2nd half, a long with our starters performance in our losses to the Bucks n Mavs, our scouting report must be showing our starter unit is WEAK in every area on defense n rarely put any efforts in making STOPS, plus our starters offense has no passing or screening plan to earn a win.

Our Bench-Players has not been coached, and has been performing on their natural talent.
There's no chemistry or confidence in our bench players performance for reason of never being coach in a specific lineup.
Our bench players are put in several different lineups for short periods of time each game as if they been on our team for 2 or 3 years with the same roster