Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Orlando Magic 7:30pm 12/21/2015

knicksin60

Starter
The Knicks paid Robin Lopez a boat load of cash to be an anchor at the five position and he manages to look like Jerome James on defense against the Magic.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks paid Robin Lopez a boat load of cash to be an anchor at the five position and he manages to look like Jerome James on defense against the Magic.

Knicksin60 .. its been a while Wsup

I dont know bout ur comment on Lopez, Lopez played well in the Magic game.
Your comment above speaks strictly about Afflalo poor performance vs the Magic.

The Magic center Vucevic has been a double-double 15-10 center for the past 3 yrs ..
Lopez and Lance hustle-performance plus 100% FG shooting kept Magic lead to 1 point, until final 3 minute of game when our top scorers Melo and Afflalo couldn't score

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Porz definitely needs to develop a post game... The turn around - step back jumper and the sky hook... This would be unguardable. I suspect these moves will come in the following years. But he absolutely should focus on the hook shot this offseason.

I dont mind playing Grant... I think the "benching" was a teaching tactic... His defense and unforced errors grew too much to for DF. I just thought he was kept in the game too long... Seems strange to go from odd man out to running the offense down the stretch of a close game... And the decision backfired.

Cant argue with the fact that having Melo on the floor at the end of games is now an insigificant fact. Used to mean something... Not the prior two seasons, and certainly not this year. What I meant, in theory and on paper... If you have a 100 million dollar man... Are home... Vs a team without an established star... You should close those games. But such is life as a NYK fan... Enduring years of Crawford, Nate, Melo blow chunks down the stretch. To be fair to Melo tho... Is all-around game has bordered on almost-pectacular since that no-show in Utah.

I hope NYK trades for a PG pronto... A major need.

carmelo's salary has nothing to do with the outcome. He is an overpaid aging Allstar player... Having him regardless of salary gives you very little advantage. Now the magic do have established players, Not sure why you consider carmelo as a "star" on the knicks yet think that the magic are at some sort of disadvantage. They do win by committee but they have 3 to 4 players that at any point can play at a "star" level. And they are two way players. I think you guys need to give some credit to the magic, they are good. I watch a ton of different teams play every night, I have my league pass online going, as well as my TV's on any given night, and when you sit back and watch other teams, it will give you a better idea of how to gauge your own team. Watch the magic play, they are a handful for any team on their schedule. I am surprised the game was that close, and had payton played the whole game, who knows..

And yes the knicks need a PG, but so do a lot of teams, I say let grant play and go through the growing pains, you and others seem willing to do so with porzingis, remember we spent a first round pick on grant, he is worthy of the same attention. It is not a given porzingis will be a better player than grant, you have to play him to see what you have...

It is not like the knicks are going to contend for anything anytime soon..

tiger0330

Legend

The Magic center Vucevic has been a double-double 15-10 center for the past 3 yrs ..
Lopez and Lance hustle-performance plus 100% FG shooting kept Magic lead to 1 point, until final 3 minute of game when our top scorers Melo and Afflalo couldn't score
knicksin60 is right Lopez was terrible against Vucevic, admitted himself saying he should have done better. I would have liked to see kp6 covering him instead of Lopez, Rolo has no foot speed whatsoever allowing Vucevic to drive the lane time and time again.

Kiyaman

Legend
knicksin60 is right Lopez was terrible against Vucevic, admitted himself saying he should have done better. I would have liked to see kp6 covering him instead of Lopez, Rolo has no foot speed whatsoever allowing Vucevic to drive the lane time and time again.

Lopez did well .. any blame goes to head coach Derek Fisher for never playing the two veteran BIGS "Lopez and O'Quinn" in the same lineup to show KP and Serafin how two BIGS dominate the paint on offense n defense.
Vucevic dominated Lopez bc he will catch the ball outside and get the big step on Lopez with a screen/pick from Frye to score, KP and Melo never switched on defense to defend Vucevic slashing to the basket. O'Quinn would have switched off of Frye and stopped Vucevic the first time to stop that.
The Magic had a 8 point lead in the 4th qtr. that Lopez, Lance, and Grant chopped down to a one pt lead, without KP in the lineup.

knicksin60

Starter

Happy Holidays, Kiyaman. I think Lopez is an ok center but I don't see him as a championship piece down the line.