Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Sacramento Kings 7:00pm 3/20/2016

tiger0330

Legend
Rondo didn't look like he was auditioning neither. I could see a Melo for Cousins rumor starting this summer. Two bad teams with 2 players who's value are virtually sunk costs.
Melo would never go to Sactown. Cousins is going to he traded at some point after they fire Karl and he's losing with another coach. If the Clips make a 1st round exit in the playoffs with Blake back maybe they trade DJ for Cous, I think he could play for Doc.

Broadway

All Star
Melo would never go to Sactown. Cousins is going to he traded at some point after they fire Karl and he's losing with another coach. If the Clips make a 1st round exit in the playoffs with Blake back maybe they trade DJ for Cous, I think he could play for Doc.

I think there's a chance Karl may not get axed until the team does something with Cousins. The Kings are very unpredictable. I think Cousins proved Karl right and the Kings finally see that. I was thinking Karl/Rondo/Melo and whoever Kings are getting a new Arena.

Your scenario likely happens but don't be surprised if something different develops. It's not like Cousins had a bad yr productively under Karl either. Pushing that Knicks security guard tonight just exposes his douchebaggery behavior to no end. I think they and everyone else has had enough.

I want no parts of Boogie btw

Kiyaman

Legend
Imagine how well Grant would've improve his skills to play on a NBA level if he would've played all games receiving 20 to 24 minute playing-time .... 6-15 shooting for 14 pts
Imagine how well KP would've improve his skills to NBA level if we made him come off the bench to play in the post for 24 minute playing-time .... 6-17 shooting for 13 pts
Imagine how well O'Quinn would've improve his skills to NBA level if we let him start n close games alongside Rolo in a lineup this season .... I believe the tandem Rolo n Quinn in the starter lineup would have boosted KP n Serafin post chemistry on offense/defense

tiger0330

Legend
Imagine how well Grant would've improve his skills to play on a NBA level if he would've played all games receiving 20 to 24 minute playing-time .... 6-15 shooting for 14 pts
Imagine how well KP would've improve his skills to NBA level if we made him come off the bench to play in the post for 24 minute playing-time .... 6-17 shooting for 13 pts
Imagine how well O'Quinn would've improve his skills to NBA level if we let him start n close games alongside Rolo in a lineup this season .... I believe the tandem Rolo n Quinn in the starter lineup would have boosted KP n Serafin post chemistry on offense/defense
Berman was rubbing it in saying how does that THJ for JG trade look now with THJ back in the Hawks rotation and scoring 20 pts yesterday.

JG has a lot to learn besides shooting, he can't run a team. He's not an NBA quality PG yet and he may never be one, should have been down in the DLeague learning how to be one instead of him riding the bench this season. The lack of depth kept him with the Knicks instead of in the dleague where he belonged.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think there's a chance Karl may not get axed until the team does something with Cousins. The Kings are very unpredictable. I think Cousins proved Karl right and the Kings finally see that. I was thinking Karl/Rondo/Melo and whoever Kings are getting a new Arena.

Your scenario likely happens but don't be surprised if something different develops. It's not like Cousins had a bad yr productively under Karl either. Pushing that Knicks security guard tonight just exposes his douchebaggery behavior to no end. I think they and everyone else has had enough.

I want no parts of Boogie btw

The Kings n Karl know Cousins talent is worth twice that of a 31 yr old Melo's ISO talent in a trade ...
I watched more than a few Kings games .. to watch how the Refs let opponents do all kinds of shtty-stuff to see how long it takes for Cousins burst, while coach Karl sits on the bench saying nothing.

Kiyaman

Legend
Berman was rubbing it in saying how does that THJ for JG trade look now with THJ back in the Hawks rotation and scoring 20 pts yesterday.

JG has a lot to learn besides shooting, he can't run a team. He's not an NBA quality PG yet and he may never be one, should have been down in the DLeague learning how to be one instead of him riding the bench this season. The lack of depth kept him with the Knicks instead of in the dleague where he belonged.

Grant's talent is to good to be on any D.League team .. Grant is a rookie that needed to get 10 minute on court defending against every opponent top guards to improve his NBA awareness as a PG this season. We gave KP 20 minute on the court vs every opponents BIGS and look where that got us (lottery-team). Grant is no different than all the decent FA guards the past 5 seasons that refuse to sign with us to play 48 minutes of ISOLATION B.ball. Grant looked real good when ISO-Afflalo wasn't in the lineup.
We did not have a lack of depth at the guard spot, we had weak veteran (tier-3) guards taking all the playing-time minutes in the guard rotation, plus we had two (tier-3) head-coaches changing the rotation of players game after game so no chemistry could be made.
Our head-coaches never put a defensive lineup on the court during any of our crunchtime games, nor did they design a play to score after a TO that worked.

mafra

Legend
The starting 3-guard cherebus of Sasha, Calderon, & Affalo combined for 9 points and 6 assists and 6 turnovers (3-17 shooting). They attempt 1 free throw and have 1 steal.

Grant had 14 & 2 himself (no FTs and 2 turnovers) to go with 2 steals.

It's not about playing the rookie for experience (which it should be)... But how do you justify playing the vets under the auspices that they give you best chance to win, when clearly they do not.

They don't play defense, they don't score, they don't set up teammates for easy buckets, they don't disrupt the opponent and create turnovers (leading to easy points) nor do they get to the FT line. Quick... When was the last time a NYK guard penetrated and went to the rack and made a nice pass to a cutting BIG (who dunked it)...
I mean, the best you can say about them is they only turn the ball over a few times and they'll shoot better than 25%.

It's downright comical how we start 3 guards... When we hardly have 2 NBA caliber Gs on the roster right now. Why Langston and Grant don't start the final ten games and play 40 minutes each... A mystery to me.

At the very least, scare AA enough so he opts out. Bench him and demonstrate that if he opts in he is the 12th man on the bench. Sad fact that the Russian SG from last year would've been a better fit (and probably half the price).

Last edited:

This is the kind of stuff that I enjoy hearing people say. THJ isn't able to play well enough to be in a team's rotation for the first 68 games of the year and then he scores 20 points in back to back games and suddenly it's a shame that we traded him. Someone literally had to sit there and watch his miserable stats for 6 months waiting for the opportunity to say this. I am not at all impressed with Grant, but any Knicks fan who watched the games knows what we had with THJ and that was nothing special.

Thx for the game thread Rady.

Just tuning in. So Melo is out and now Rondo says he can play in the triangle, Calderon says he wants to come back next year off the bench. Rambis also saying he's not interested in developing anyone.

Some Knicks news to chew on which is probably going to have to take the place of some well played bball resulting in a Knicks win.

Sactown up 28-12 end of the 1st.

Anthony Davis got shut down for the season today, how long until the same happens with Melo?

I read how Rondo backtracked hard on his anti-triangle comments. I had posted at the time how Rondo seemed like the first pending free agent ever to not understand how you should talk like the Knicks are a consideration in order to help drive up your next contract. Finally, it looks like his agent talked some sense into him and he is now using that tried and true tactic. Rondo is averaging almost 12 assists a game, no way he is planning on just falling into our laps.

paris401

Starter
At the very least, scare AA enough so he opts out. Bench him and demonstrate that if he opts in he is the 12th man on the bench.

I doubt any boogie-man will be able to scare him out of an 8m he is due next year... as eddie curry used to say...8m..that's a lots of whoppers...

I doubt any boogie-man will be able to scare him out of an 8m he is due next year... as eddie curry used to say...8m..that's a lots of whoppers...

Afflalo is quoted as saying he still hopes to get one more good contract. 8 million may seem like a lot, but if he doesn't care where he goes, he could easily lock up a similar or bigger deal for next season along with another couple years. It's the NBA, a lot of guys are absurdly overpaid for what they do. I think Afflalo opts out.

tiger0330

Legend
Afflalo is quoted as saying he still hopes to get one more good contract. 8 million may seem like a lot, but if he doesn't care where he goes, he could easily lock up a similar or bigger deal for next season along with another couple years. It's the NBA, a lot of guys are absurdly overpaid for what they do. I think Afflalo opts out.
We bad mouth AA around here but he's not having a bad year offensively. I said I didn't think he would be offered more by another team but with the cap rising 8M might be considered a bargain for a 39% 3pt shooter averaging nearly 14ppg. You may be right he may opt out.

mafra

Legend
We bad mouth AA around here but he's not having a bad year offensively. I said I didn't think he would be offered more by another team but with the cap rising 8M might be considered a bargain for a 39% 3pt shooter averaging nearly 14ppg. You may be right he may opt out.

Affalo is a backup SG, not a starter... ORL, POR, & now NYK found that out the hard way.

mafra

Legend
?I still want to establish a winning mindset. I still want players to understand that?s how we?re approaching ball games,? Rambis said with the Knicks eight games out of a playoff spot. ?For our young players, they are going to continue to grow. Whether they play or not or how many minutes they play, it doesn?t mean we?ve lost faith with them.?

tiger0330

Legend
“I still want to establish a winning mindset. I still want players to understand that’s how we’re approaching ball games,” Rambis said with the Knicks eight games out of a playoff spot. “For our young players, they are going to continue to grow. Whether they play or not or how many minutes they play, it doesn’t mean we’ve lost faith with them.”
Rambis is too funny...how do you establish a winning mindset when you're losing like the Knicks are. I would imagine with the Knicks record we're going to see at least 5 new faces on the team next year, if Rambis is still here he might want to save that winning mindset crap for next season.

Rambis is 5 - 12 as our head coach, which is actually considerably worse than Fisher who was 23 - 31 as our head coach. Not saying us hitting the toilet even harder post All-Star break has anything to do with Rambis' coaching, but man, if this was a true head coach job interview, no way you can stick with this regime next season. But, we will. Probably. Cause we are a dumbass franchise.

....just hire Tom Thibodeau.

Kiyaman

Legend
The starting 3-guard cherebus of Sasha, Calderon, & Affalo combined for 9 points and 6 assists and 6 turnovers (3-17 shooting). They attempt 1 free throw and have 1 steal.

Grant had 14 & 2 himself (no FTs and 2 turnovers) to go with 2 steals.

It's not about playing the rookie for experience (which it should be)... But how do you justify playing the vets under the auspices that they give you best chance to win, when clearly they do not.

They don't play defense, they don't score, they don't set up teammates for easy buckets, they don't disrupt the opponent and create turnovers (leading to easy points) nor do they get to the FT line. Quick... When was the last time a NYK guard penetrated and went to the rack and made a nice pass to a cutting BIG (who dunked it)...
I mean, the best you can say about them is they only turn the ball over a few times and they'll shoot better than 25%.

It's downright comical how we start 3 guards... When we hardly have 2 NBA caliber Gs on the roster right now. Why Langston and Grant don't start the final ten games and play 40 minutes each... A mystery to me.

At the very least, scare AA enough so he opts out. Bench him and demonstrate that if he opts in he is the 12th man on the bench. Sad fact that the Russian SG from last year would've been a better fit (and probably half the price).

So True! So True!!!

I recall in Oct. Nov. the trio Grant Gallo n D,Will were in the same lineup game after game the trio played team-ball on both sides of the court.
Next season i expect Grant Gallo D.Will Thomas n Quinn to be Knicks uniforms ... I don't expect the vets Rambis, Calderon Afflalo n Sasha to return next season