Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers 7:00pm 4/8/2016

Just saw the comment about Wroten by coach Brown of the Sixers, called him a mini Lebron. How does a team as bad as them let a guy like that get away?

Wroten is showing confidence he's going to be the starting PG next season let's hope hes the goods as much as Brown was praising him, If he is it shows how bad Hinke was as a GM.

I think Brown is just taking the high road when talking about Wroten. Wroten is a mess, despite all his athleticism. In the 30 games he played for them last year, averaging almost 30 minutes per game, he shot 26% from 3 on almost 5 attempts per game and 67% from the free throw line. He averaged almost 4 turnovers per game. His defensive effort was also regularly questioned. Wroten is not my kind of player, but whatever, the team with the worst backcourt rotation in the NBA season can't be too picky when they don't have a 1st round pick and have limited free agent options.

tiger0330

Legend
I'm skeptical as well. Good players with potential don't get cut even on good teams after knee injuries, they rehab and come back to play. And you don't pick up starting PGs for the kind of deal we gave to Wroten, he's essentially on a pay as you go contract.

Grant looked good last night, if they don't stretch JC or trade him, his starting job is up for grabs and Grant has a great opportunity to be the starting PG. Same with Wroten, one of them needs to seize the opportunity.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
I think Brown is just taking the high road when talking about Wroten. Wroten is a mess, despite all his athleticism. In the 30 games he played for them last year, averaging almost 30 minutes per game, he shot 26% from 3 on almost 5 attempts per game and 67% from the free throw line. He averaged almost 4 turnovers per game. His defensive effort was also regularly questioned. Wroten is not my kind of player, but whatever, the team with the worst backcourt rotation in the NBA season can't be too picky when they don't have a 1st round pick and have limited free agent options.

wow.. never saw this cat play... actually never even heard of him.... n he is going to be an upgrade over the doo-doo we have now... boy are we screwed

Kiyaman

Legend
Just saw the comment about Wroten by coach Brown of the Sixers, called him a mini Lebron. How does a team as bad as them let a guy like that get away?

Wroten is showing confidence he's going to be the starting PG next season let's hope hes the goods as much as Brown was praising him, If he is it shows how bad Hinke was as a GM.

Wroten would have a great performance next season if Phil Jackson hire ex-PG coach Mark Jackson, plus Phil has to do the same thing coach Rick Carlyle did for the Mavs by having 4 PG on the roster to start the season.
Mavs made the playoff by having 3 or 4 PG in the rotation .. Barea, Harris, Felton, Deron Williams.
Remarkable

The Difference between owner Cuban and owner Dolan .. one spends money to WIN, and the other spend top wages to LOSE !!!