Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Washington Wizards 7:00 pm 11/17/2016 [Game#12]

Yeah, it's very early, but I am also starting to feel Jennings as the future of the Knicks at PG. We'll see how the season goes, but maybe, this team lets Rose walk at the end of the season and looks to the future with a pass-first Jennings and an elite young scorer in Porzingis

and1

Rotation player
Yeah, it's very early, but I am also starting to feel Jennings as the future of the Knicks at PG. We'll see how the season goes, but maybe, this team lets Rose walk at the end of the season and looks to the future with a pass-first Jennings and an elite young scorer in Porzingis

i definitely appreciate jennings' pass-first approach to the game, but i still like him coming off the bench creating for 2nd unit scorers. that's one of the problems. we don't have a whole lot of aggressive scorers on the bench. holiday, kuz and hernangomez can do it, as well as the Q, but they're not quite being aggressive enough. i like KP playing a lot of minutes with those guys, but then that discourages those other guys from being more aggressive. if jennings starts, then you've basically just got melo and KP taking all the shots. i like that rose is aggressive with his shot taking, despite a lot of the complaints about him being a ball-hog. cLee's getting a few shot attempts, he's just not knocking them down at the moment for whatever reason (i'm still suspecting a nagging injury or something like that).
this game against the wizards was a total bust. it was a game we really needed to win because we have 4 tough match-ups coming up. we came out slow and stagnant and threw up a bunch of bricks. we can chalk it up as the results of arriving in DC at 230 in the morning or whatever it was, but we still should've played like it really meant something, more desperate. we have to win at least 2 of the next 4. 3 of them are at home. let's hope our improved play at home continues over the next bunch of days, because we're going to need it. if we come out 1-3 over these games there are going to be some serious problems, the main one being the deep hole we'll have to climb out of.

Kiyaman

Legend
Read this and I love it:

Knicks PG Brandon Jennings ripped the team's effort after Thursday night's loss to the Wizards.
After falling behind by 27 points early, the Knicks had a 47-point fourth quarter but came up short during their 119-112 loss.
"We haven't been locking in well on the road," Jennings said, according to Marc Berman of the NY Post. "That's our big problem. If we want to be the team we think we are, we're going to have to lock in better on the road. We got to play 10 times harder. Teams play better when they're at home because they're feeling good.
"We're the Knicks," Jennings continued. "You have to know what's across your chest. There's a bigger bull's-eye on it. Everybody wants to beat us. It's a known national team. These are games we have to win. We should be disappointed. We can't just put together two quarters or try to come back in the fourth."

(theknicksblog.com)

I also like the idea of starting BJ and transitioning Rose to the JR Smith 6th man role.

Brandon Jennings is so right ...Jennings finished with 17 points and 10 assists in 25 minutes off the bench as the Knicks scored 47 points in the fourth quarter.
The tandem of Jennings/Holiday vs the tandem Rose/Lee need to be challenge in our rotation every game to see which set of guards improve our BIGS offense and defense.
Our new head coach Horn transition for the Knicks team are questionable he has no strategic-creativeness in the starter lineup or in the rotation. There's no X or O plan the team plays where u can give credit to the coach for a well written play. The lack of inside/outside scoring by the Knicks on offense shows little confidence among the players.
The small-ball lineup by the Knicks shows no design or strategic set-up on the defensive-end of the court.
The Knicks DEFENSE Stinks so bad that it will probably be a long time before we Knicks fans will see a 4 or 5 game winning streak.

The Knicks schedule now gets tougher in our next 5 games (and 4 of the games are at Home), with the Hawks (9-2), Trail Blazers (7-5) and Hornets (7-3) up next.
We’ll have an early Knicks Game Day tomorow for Sunday’s game against Atlanta. Tip-off is noon, so we hit the air at 11:30 AM on MSG.

tiger0330

Legend
i definitely appreciate jennings' pass-first approach to the game, but i still like him coming off the bench creating for 2nd unit scorers. that's one of the problems. we don't have a whole lot of aggressive scorers on the bench. holiday, kuz and hernangomez can do it, as well as the Q, but they're not quite being aggressive enough. i like KP playing a lot of minutes with those guys, but then that discourages those other guys from being more aggressive. if jennings starts, then you've basically just got melo and KP taking all the shots. i like that rose is aggressive with his shot taking, despite a lot of the complaints about him being a ball-hog. cLee's getting a few shot attempts, he's just not knocking them down at the moment for whatever reason (i'm still suspecting a nagging injury or something like that).
this game against the wizards was a total bust. it was a game we really needed to win because we have 4 tough match-ups coming up. we came out slow and stagnant and threw up a bunch of bricks. we can chalk it up as the results of arriving in DC at 230 in the morning or whatever it was, but we still should've played like it really meant something, more desperate. we have to win at least 2 of the next 4. 3 of them are at home. let's hope our improved play at home continues over the next bunch of days, because we're going to need it. if we come out 1-3 over these games there are going to be some serious problems, the main one being the deep hole we'll have to climb out of.
Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result. That ATL team has so many perimeter threats if Horn doesn't do something different, they'll run the Knicks out of MSG with their 3pt shooting.

Time for Hornacek to do something something different against a team with one of the best records in the NBA. Have Jennings start with Holiday and play Melo and KP as your front line. Bring Noah and DRose off the bench. Melo is better a better matchup against Milsap than Bazemore and Holiday being the better perimeter defender can guard Bazemore. CLee needs to step up, I agree with Horn that Jennings and Rose in the 4th against the Wiz was like lightning in a bottle that will get you the occasional offensive explosion we saw but it's not something you want on a permanent basis.

and1

Rotation player
Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result. That ATL team has so many perimeter threats if Horn doesn't do something different, they'll run the Knicks out of MSG with their 3pt shooting.

Time for Hornacek to do something something different against a team with one of the best records in the NBA. Have Jennings start with Holiday and play Melo and KP as your front line. Bring Noah and DRose off the bench. Melo is better a better matchup against Milsap than Bazemore and Holiday being the better perimeter defender can guard Bazemore. CLee needs to step up, I agree with Horn that Jennings and Rose in the 4th against the Wiz was like lightning in a bottle that will get you the occasional offensive explosion we saw but it's not something you want on a permanent basis.

most of that makes sense to me. i can see it as a legit argument. but do you really want KP defending dHoward? I don't know, man. that might turn out kind of ugly.

tiger0330

Legend
most of that makes sense to me. i can see it as a legit argument. but do you really want KP defending dHoward? I don't know, man. that might turn out kind of ugly.
Howard is not the offensive threat Horford was, he's having a good year being a rim protector and doing his work on the boards but KP can guard him. I'm more worried about DH stopping KP but Yao when he was around showed DH can be handled by a skilled big man.

Zeller was like 9-10 against Howard and got under his skin all game. Howard got ejected with a flagrant 2 for throwing an elbow at Zeller late in the game, that was the ball game for the Hawks when he left the game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Howard is not the offensive threat Horford was, he's having a good year being a rim protector and doing his work on the boards but KP can guard him. I'm more worried about DH stopping KP but Yao when he was around showed DH can be handled by a skilled big man.

Zeller was like 9-10 against Howard and got under his skin all game. Howard got ejected with a flagrant 2 for throwing an elbow at Zeller late in the game, that was the ball game for the Hawks when he left the game.

We need Noah veteranship vs D.Howard ...Jennings knew if we had a D.Howard or Whiteside protecting the rim so Knicks opponent get one shot on offense the Knicks would have more WINS this season.
KP & Melo did not protect the rim last season, nor are the two most minute played players protecting the rim this season.

Tonight, the 4-8 Miami Heats players Whiteside & Dragic put together a defensive win over the 3-9 Wizards tonight .. Wall & Beal both scored 34 pts each in their loss vs Heats. Wall gave out 6 assist in the first quarter, and finish the game with 8 assist.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Why are we all discussing offence when we are losing on the defense side? why we see few minutes of excellent defense then they go back to poor defense?