Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Orlando Magic 7:30 pm 1/2/2017 [Game#34]

paris401

Starter
I know one way that he would drop that no trade clause.If you sit him on the bench EVERY GAME sooner or later he would want out of town.

well that's not happening... if he agrees to a trade , it will be on Me-Lo's terms... meaning the acquiring team will have to bump up his salary... he is vastly underpaid at 24m, as the new cba allows for upto 40m for 6years...
as to where he mite go/who will want him... with every game he plays, his value goes down... maybe Doc will take him... I don't see another contender /near contender wanting him... he won't put a near contender over the top, and he mite destroy a contender's chemistry ... we just mite be stuck with a getting older by the day Me-Lo

mafra

Legend
well that's not happening... if he agrees to a trade , it will be on Me-Lo's terms... meaning the acquiring team will have to bump up his salary... he is vastly underpaid at 24m, as the new cba allows for upto 40m for 6years...
as to where he mite go/who will want him... with every game he plays, his value goes down... maybe Doc will take him... I don't see another contender /near contender wanting him... he won't put a near contender over the top, and he mite destroy a contender's chemistry ... we just mite be stuck with a getting older by the day Me-Lo

yeah, you can't give Melo away unless you get an asset for the future. If anything, his presence on the court allows KP the freedom to develop his offensive game. That, in and of itself, is invaluable. Otherwise, teams
can focus their defensive pressure on KPand he might develop bad habbits.

the Knicks are banged up right now. That's. OT an excuse, and it was a major reason why many tempered expectations.... Noah hurt early, now Rose and Melo and KP and Lee.... basically, the entire starting 5. Hard to play at your peak and also hard to develop chemistry.

word is NY working on a trade (most likely for a Tony allen type)....

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Anthony appeared taken aback when he heard Hornacek mentioned the club may not be capable of being better on defense.
“I hope he ain’t giving up — what 33 games,’’ Anthony said. “I might as well just pack my stuff now — giving up already.’’

You kidding me!! He saying Hornacek giving up? when Melo still hasn't showed up this season.Melo will never change!!

tiger0330

Legend
Mk
yeah, you can't give Melo away unless you get an asset for the future. If anything, his presence on the court allows KP the freedom to develop his offensive game. That, in and of itself, is invaluable. Otherwise, teams
can focus their defensive pressure on KPand he might develop bad habbits.

the Knicks are banged up right now. That's. OT an excuse, and it was a major reason why many tempered expectations.... Noah hurt early, now Rose and Melo and KP and Lee.... basically, the entire starting 5. Hard to play at your peak and also hard to develop chemistry.

word is NY working on a trade (most likely for a Tony allen type)....
ESPN said PJ Tucker for Quinn, WHG or Kuz. Surprised that there's no buzz about bringing up Randle on a 10 day. 10 days start tomorrow.

Kiyaman

Legend
Anthony appeared taken aback when he heard Hornacek mentioned the club may not be capable of being better on defense.
“I hope he ain’t giving up — what 33 games,’’ Anthony said. “I might as well just pack my stuff now — giving up already.’’

You kidding me!! He saying Hornacek giving up? when Melo still hasn't showed up this season.Melo will never change!!

I recall the first week of the 2013-14 Knicks season Carmelo Anthony announced he was giving up the option on his final year contract to go FA in 2014 offseason .. Melo quit on the Knicks in less than 33 days of the season, plus Melo did the same thing to the Denver Nuggets at the start of the 2010-11 season.
When the Denver Nuggets were promoting the Melo-trade in Nov. 2010, there were only one NBA team interest in trading for Melo the NJ Nets .. then the Nets said no thank you to the Melo-trade.
In the 2014 offseason no NBA team were interested in signing Melo above $12M per.
HINT: The Knicks franchise player Carmelo Anthony already went through FIVE Knicks head coaches (Dantoni/Woodson/Fisher/Rambis/Horn), and 3 GM in 7 seasons.
What NBA GM and NBA head-coach want their franchise to trade for Carmelo Anthony???