Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Milwaukee Bucks 8:00 pm 1/6/2017 [Game#36]

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Damn what a great win. I didn't stay awake to see the game live but as soon as i woke up i turned on my PS console and logged in the NBA app. Luckily i turned the scores off to avoid any spoilers but i knew at the end of the third we were down by 13. Impressive 4th quarter run, Hornacek finally giving Baker major minutes and Lance Thomas getting back at Giannis after the previous game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn what a great win. I didn't stay awake to see the game live but as soon as i woke up i turned on my PS console and logged in the NBA app. Luckily i turned the scores off to avoid any spoilers but i knew at the end of the third we were down by 13. Impressive 4th quarter run, Hornacek finally giving Baker major minutes and Lance Thomas getting back at Giannis after the previous game.

After we blew the early lead and fell behind by 17, I'd be lying if I said I thought we had a snowball's chance of winning this game.
I will admit I like Horn decision of Baker n Lee in the backcourt controlling the tempo in the final crunch-time minutes

Quote Originally Posted by RunningJumper View Post
Lance Thomas with a huge defensive play at the end.

That was only good thing Lance Thomas did all season that provided us with a win .. I still want Lance Thomas traded before trade deadline.

Kiyaman

Legend
We play at Indiana tonight (KP vs Turner) and i still not fond of coach Horn back to back rotation, he has a different experiment rotation in each back to back games.
Last night game did not need Melo on the court for 40 minutes it was Melo's blundering ball-hogging turnovers gave Bucks a huge lead plus Melo's poor passing turnovers that are never added to Melo stats lead to Bucks fast breaks that got Noah n KP foul out defending to many fast break baskets .. Just saying .....

tiger0330

Legend
Not enough credit being given to Melo not only for that tie breaking 3 but he also had 10 dimes, some of them got us real easy buckets under the basket. It's like he says, he gets blame for the losses and no credit for the wins.

I posted I think after that 17 assist game by Harden that I couldn't remember when Melo had 10 or more dimes, 10 dimes is special for Melo he hasn't done it since 2012 so last night was a special night.

Here's one of his dimes to Zinger, the kid is special, making this 32 ft. 3. Now I see why Messina of the Spurs said he hoped the NBA wasn't going to ruin him by forcing him to become a traditional big man playing in the post. He may have more range than any big man to play the game at this early stage in his career.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Tiger .. getting quickly double team when u stop ur dribble a few feet from midcourt line n force to throw the ball to a close teammate also a few feet from midcourt line .. is not an assist in my book .. That's the same play Melo did his first season as a Knicks in the playoff throwing the ball to Jeffery .