Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Denver Nuggets 7:30 pm 2/10/2017 [Game#55]

tiger0330

Legend
Nugs played Warrior's style Bball on the Knicks. 68 points in the paint and 16-32 3s. 131-123 final score. This and the Lakers game were the games I thought we could win but its looking like we'll be 0-5 during this home stand. Spurs up next. Then 2 games on the road against the Cavs and OKC, should be 22-36 by next THU.

tiger0330

Legend
I don't think we're losing on purpose, but I will say this, if we drop this game, we will be tied for the 6th most losses in the entire league. Even without tanking, this team is so bad right now that if this keeps up for the rest of the season, we could be easily looking at a top 5 lottery pick.

That's how bad this team has become.
Pretty much given up hope for the playoffs maybe we get lucky and the balls bounce our way for the 1. How good is that kid Fultz and I hope PJ finds a gem like Jokic in the 2nd round.

and1

Rotation player
oh man, if i hadn't already given up on this season i'd be furious right now lmao.
we're scoring points. our offense is running pretty damn smooth at least 90% of the time. that stretch of bizarre funk we'd witnessed not very long ago seems to be fading away into the distance, but as has been the case, it is our atrocious defense that keeps rearing its ugly head every time things are looking good.
is there anybody working with rambis as defensive coordinator? you know he's not going to get fired. maybe they should give him another role and bring in someone else to focus on the defense?
LMAO i'm sure that has all been discussed before but i don't know where else to go with this. is that part of the plan? does jackson want rambis to sabotage their defense so they can tank again? combine that with smack talking melo? if that's the case, that'd be pretty rotten. at least when philly did it, everybody KNEW they were doing it. they weren't trying to be slick about it.
watching post game conference with horny right now, and he is pissed LMAO.

tiger0330

Legend
Those that want Dolan to fire PJ. Forget it Dolan on the Michael Kay show he's going the whole 5 yrs with him.

Heading into his 4th year I think we're worse than when he took over. I remember Debusshers son said if we're still having the same conversation about the Knicks in year 4 as in his 1st year about the players they need and they're not playing winning bball then we should be talking about moving on from PJ.

Unless the Knicks can pull off a miracle with a lottery pick and in free agency, I think we're there talking about who is going to run the Knicks for the next 5 years.

mafra

Legend
Trade KP for Jokic! Lol....
Not a great night for KP's first start at C. Every time I feel pain we don't have KAT, I feel thankful
Bc aren't stuck with Russell, Okafor, WCS, or Mudiay.

Each loss is great news.... we're gonna go 0-5 on this homestand and lost 12 of last 14 at MSG.

Lottery time! I'm pumped....
Best thing for long term outlook is to secure a top 10 pick this year.

tiger0330

Legend
Trade KP for Jokic! Lol....
Not a great night for KP's first start at C. Every time I feel pain we don't have KAT, I feel thankful
Bc aren't stuck with Russell, Okafor, WCS, or Mudiay.

Each loss is great news.... we're gonna go 0-5 on this homestand and lost 12 of last 14 at MSG.

Lottery time! I'm pumped....
Best thing for long term outlook is to secure a top 10 pick this year.
Look at those top 10 picks from KP draft year, no guarantee even KP may not evolve into a franchise player, lottery is a crap shoot. Jokic was the 41st pick and the Knicks need to luck up like the Nugs did with Jokic.

I don't follow college ball who would you want out of the draft assuming we get a top 5 pick.

mafra

Legend
Tough call.... word is there are probably 8 All Stars. In other words, drafting in top 8 and you are set. I like Jax (KU) and Tatum, but I also like Monk and Fox from Kentucky.

Obviously, Fultz is the prize, or Ball, but Smith could also be special.... along with Trier and Isaac.

I don't know much about the French PG, but hype seems real.

Fox is a PG who can really defend, Ball is a bigger J-Kidd type,and Smith like AI.

Monk a 2 way SG, Tatum a combo offensively gifted Sg/SF and JAX (Kansas) is an athletic SF/PF Freak. Isaac a BIG SF....

To me, I want a guard so I wish for Fultz, do my homework on the French PG, decide if Smith is more than just a great scorer or if Fox can develop a shot.

Ball, Tatum, or Monk are safe fallback options.

Without seriously vetting and doing my homework.... interviews and background... tough call.

I probably go Fox or Ball, if I couldn't get Fultz.... but Isaac or Jax could replace Melo.

Phil likes tall guards, so Ball probably his target (Fox shut him down this year).

This is why this would be a great year to have 2 lottery picks.... grab a PG and a wing player, to compliment KP and WHG.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
?Couldn?t guard anybody. Simple as that,? Hornacek said of a starting lineup that featured Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose and Kristaps Porzingis. ?They should be embarrassed by the way they couldn?t guard anybody.

?So those guys are happy scoring their points. We?re going to lose every game.?

Hornacek arrived early to his postgame presser ? just a few minutes after the final buzzer ? and left the arena long before his players got dressed. He wanted no part of sticking around Friday, and was clearly ticked off about the effort from a starting lineup that allowed the Nuggets (24-29) to score more points in regulation than any other New York opponent this season.

"Look at the difference between the first group and the second. They play with effort,? Hornacek said. ?They get after guys. A guy who got the ball, they get up on him. They help each other out. First group didn?t do that.?

(On the KP - Jokic matchup)
?With the length, it should help, he should be quicker than that guy,? Hornacek said. ?He should be able to get up on him. He might get overpowered at some point but a lot of (Jokic?s) shots, he just lined ?em up. Spun the ball around with the seams and just shot it in. If our guys think that?s a challenged shot, we need to redefine what that is.?

When Rose was on the floor, the Knicks were outscored by 15 points. When Anthony ? who dropped 33 points ? was in the game, New York was outscored by 13.

?They?re very good offensively and they?re terrible at defense,? Hornacek said of the starting lineup, which was missing Joakim Noah for a third straight game because of a hamstring strain. ?(Friday night), they got zero stops if you look at their starters down the line, (the Nuggets) must have shot 75 percent against them.?

Anthony agreed the Knicks should be embarrassed, but stopped short of fully endorsing Hornacek?s critique.

?If he?s saying it, that?s what he sees and that?s what it is. Some games we bring it, some games we don?t,? Anthony said.

and1

Rotation player
i can't wait to hear the interviews this offseason from the players talking about a new start, setting a tone from the start, etc etc, even though rambis will still be our defensive coordinator hahahaaaaa.
but seriously, KP may not turn out to be our central number 1 'franchise' player of the future, but I'm pretty confident that he'll be damn good enough to give big time support to whoever that number 1 turns out to be.

Kiyaman

Legend
?Couldn?t guard anybody. Simple as that,? Hornacek said of a starting lineup that featured Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose and Kristaps Porzingis. ?They should be embarrassed by the way they couldn?t guard anybody.

Hornacek arrived early to his postgame presser ? just a few minutes after the final buzzer ? and left the arena long before his players got dressed. He wanted no part of sticking around Friday, and was clearly ticked off about the effort from a starting lineup that allowed the Nuggets (24-29) to score more points in regulation than any other New York opponent this season.

"Look at the difference between the first group and the second. They play with effort,? Hornacek said. ?They get after guys. A guy who got the ball, they get up on him. They help each other out. First group didn?t do that.?

(On the KP - Jokic matchup)
?With the length, it should help, he should be quicker than that guy,? Hornacek said. ?He should be able to get up on him. He might get overpowered at some point but a lot of (Jokic?s) shots, he just lined ?em up. Spun the ball around with the seams and just shot it in. If our guys think that?s a challenged shot, we need to redefine what that is.?

When Rose was on the floor, the Knicks were outscored by 15 points. When Anthony ? who dropped 33 points ? was in the game, New York was outscored by 13.

?They?re very good offensively and they?re terrible at defense,? Hornacek said of the starting lineup, which was missing Joakim Noah for a third straight game because of a hamstring strain. ?(Friday night), they got zero stops if you look at their starters down the line, (the Nuggets) must have shot 75 percent against them.?

Anthony agreed the Knicks should be embarrassed, but stopped short of fully endorsing Hornacek?s critique.

?If he?s saying it, that?s what he sees and that?s what it is. Some games we bring it, some games we don?t,? Anthony said.

So true .. As long as the Knicks philosophy stays at rewarding players that dont put any effort on the defensive end of the court by giving these no defense players the green light to shoot any time they want plus give them excessive playing time minutes the Knicks will stay LOSERS!
This Knicks philosophy of rewarding no-defensive scoring players goes back to the Knicks 2005-6 lineup of Marbury/Francis/Crawful/Curry to the 2016-17 lineup of Rose/Melo/KP.

Tonight Melo & KP vs the Nuggets Jokic & Chandler learned size matter for the win on a high scoring game 131-123!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't think we're losing on purpose, but I will say this, if we drop this game, we will be tied for the 6th most losses in the entire league. Even without tanking, this team is so bad right now that if this keeps up for the rest of the season, we could be easily looking at a top 5 lottery pick.

That's how bad this team has become.

We didnt get the top 5 .. but our lazy no defense Knicks team receive the top 7th pick to select a 6.6 defensive PG Frank Nitty ...

https://youtu.be/ZiCD-81EQYY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiCD-81EQYY

On February 10th 2017 .. the 24-29 NO-DEFENSE Denver Nuggets team did not play a lick of defense throughout this game but out-scored our 23-33 Knicks who didnt play a lick of defense either for a 131-123 Nuggets win. The Nuggets only got 7 points from the free throw line of their 133 points. The Knicks only got 3 pts from the free throw line in this game.

After the game Knicks coach Hornacek said of a starting lineup that featured Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose and Kristaps Porzingis. ?They should be embarrassed by the way they couldn?t guard anybody.

After Hornacek rant on poor defensive effort from the starting lineup the Knicks next game on sunday at MSG the Knicks beat the San Antonio Spurs 94-90 for a afternoon win .. then the Knicks went on a 6 -14 run the next 20 games.

Who should not be KEEPERS on the Knicks for the 2017-18 season?