Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers 7:00 pm 3/3/2017 [Game#62]

Broadway

All Star
People really want Rose back? I've seen enough of him and really would rather a PG who plays good defense, passes more, and can hit a 3. Maybe that's too much to ask

There's absolutely no reason to bring Rose back, this team will get younger the next 2yrs we need a point guard to groom and yield to the talent around. Rose only plays for himself, always has. Can't stand the way he plays, it's really hard to watch

jimkcchief88

All Star
PJAx still hasn't figured out Jordan or Kobe isn't coming thru the door...and PJAx ego backed up by 12 million and no accountability:( sticking to the triangle but refusing to come out of the glass house and coach...the refusal to hire a real coach that has the stones to tell PJAx to take that triangle and stick it up his***. These are as dark days as I can remember as a Knicks fan with a matinee beating coming from GSW on the horizon:(

jimkcchief88

All Star
As for Rose, the only reason I would want him back is because I have his jerseys real talk. He plays no defense, doesn't distribute well, and his flat jumper is broke. He is still an elite penetrator, but has now lost the spring to finish. No longer a top ten PG in the league, only bring Rose back if the $$$ are right:(

and1

Rotation player
In his MVP year he shot 33% on over 300 shots. They want him to shoot the 3 and he said he would in the playoffs, wishful thinking about the playoffs but no doubt he'll take more 3s the rest of the way and try to get that % up over 30%.

Signing him depends on who wants to sign with the Knicks and what someone else is willing to pay DRose. Likely he won't sign with the Knicks if someone offers him a similar contract because he hates the triangle. We could do worse than bringing him back for 17M per but it's probably not happening.

yeah, i kind of agree with this. i'm not necessarily running a campaign to bring him back, but at least he does things we haven't seen from a PG in a long time. he's fearless and aggressive. also, there's the fact that not many quality players are going to want to come to the knicks to play triangle. if they can't sign someone better to replace rose, the least i ask is that they don't overpay him and give him a dumb contract like they gave noah. but that's probably too much to ask.