Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers 7:00 pm 3/3/2017 [Game#62]

mafra

Legend
Refs doing everything humanely possIble to save the Knicks from themselves.... help the TANK IT cause.

Final minute alone they call a foul on KP on a clean block, they ignore a blatant 3-second in the paint on Saric. Then, Rose drives and splits 2 guys and gets fouled.... not called. Ball awarded to NY but call is revered after a review despite fact there isn't any conclusive evidence to suggest otherwise.

NY ball. Down 1.... CA forces a shot over a double-team (finishes 5-18) and LT misses the putback. Phew! At least we can always count on melo.

We now have 37 losses, which is tied for the 6th most losses in the NBA. Our overall record is now the 8th worst record in the NBA. We are 4.5 games out of the 8th playoff seed in the East, but we'd have to leapfrog 4 teams to get there.

Would not be crazy to start getting some of our younger guys out on the court more rather than drive our 5 starters into the ground when the outcome of this season looks inevitable and we can't even beat a Philly team without Embiid on their home court.

OakTree

Rookie
Refs doing everything humanely possIble to save the Knicks from themselves.... help the TANK IT cause.

Final minute alone they call a foul on KP on a clean block, they ignore a blatant 3-second in the paint on Saric. Then, Rose drives and splits 2 guys and gets fouled.... not called. Ball awarded to NY but call is revered after a review despite fact there isn't any conclusive evidence to suggest otherwise.

NY ball. Down 1.... CA forces a shot over a double-team (finishes 5-18) and LT misses the putback. Phew! At least we can always count on melo.

Rose was mugged.

They review and blow obvious calls but miss the foul on Thomas. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimkcchief88

All Star
This franchise is a joke not unlike the Sixers. I have a Knicks scully cap and I feel shame and embarrassment every time i wear it. Next up: Sunday matinee game with GSW:(

mafra

Legend
The good news is we've reached the point where every loss hopefully leads to something productive for our future. Securing a top 8 pick is now an absolute must.

mafra

Legend
"I'm in the same position I was in NY but just a better system for me personally and a team that actually plays together," Jennings said, according to Chase Hughes of CSN Mid-Atlantic.

mafra

Legend
Anthony, who beat the Sixers one week ago with a last-second shot, finished the night with 18 points on 5-of-18 shooting, but didn?t want any part of the responsibility. In fact, Anthony may have shifted it to the coaching staff.

?We play the same way throughout the course of the game,?? Anthony said. ?When teams make adjustments, we?re still playing the same way as teams make adjustments defensively.??

Long shots even to stay in the playoff race, the Knicks fell to 25-37 and probably have to go 15-5 over their final 20 games to overtake the four teams ahead of them. They will regret all summer the two final-second defeats in this building and the 10 games they have lost on final possessions since mid-December.

Anthony even failed to win the matchup against the obscure Justin Anderson, who hounded him all night as the two went face-to-face, jawing in the third quarter when the pair drew a double technical.

Anderson hit the go-ahead basket in the lane with 24.3 seconds left to finish with 19 points off the bench and got in on the double-team at the finish to secure the win.

It appeared as if three Sixers moved toward Anthony when he received a pass from Rose, but Anthony was laser-focused on the shot attempt and not on his open teammates.

?I just got into my move quick,?? Anthony said. ?I saw them coming over. I was already in rhythm to take that shot. It rattled in and out. That was the flow of the game with me tonight. A lot of shots were short or in and out.??

(Make adjustment yourself Melo.... pass the ball!)

tiger0330

Legend
Another franchise low for a team that sets the bar lower every week. Season can't end soon enough:(
Knicks suck, Sixers are up and coming. Simmons and Embiid weren't even playing but the guys they had out there Anderson, Saric, Jahil, TJ and Holmes were enough to beat the sad sack Knicks. How one of the best guys driving the bball DRose misses a layup like that is the curse of the Knicks and every game winning play drawn up by Dumbo Horn always goes to Melo, of course the other team knows that and is going to double him. How about using Melo as a decoy once in a while and have him pass to a cutter once in a while as a play.

The triangle is back and the Knicks are going to build around guys that can play in it. How stupid is that, guys hate to play it and the record says it hasn't worked. If the triangle isn't the reason for this train wreck the last 3 seasons then Phil is, one of the two have to go. Dolan said he wouldn't fire PJ but Knicks fans should hope that he has the self respect to quit after 3 disastrous seasons.

Broadway

All Star
Anthony, who beat the Sixers one week ago with a last-second shot, finished the night with 18 points on 5-of-18 shooting, but didn?t want any part of the responsibility. In fact, Anthony may have shifted it to the coaching staff.

?We play the same way throughout the course of the game,?? Anthony said. ?When teams make adjustments, we?re still playing the same way as teams make adjustments defensively.??

Long shots even to stay in the playoff race, the Knicks fell to 25-37 and probably have to go 15-5 over their final 20 games to overtake the four teams ahead of them.
They will regret all summer the two final-second defeats in this building and the 10 games they have lost on final possessions since mid-December.

Anthony even failed to win the matchup against the obscure Justin Anderson, who hounded him all night as the two went face-to-face, jawing in the third quarter when the pair drew a double technical.

Anderson hit the go-ahead basket in the lane with 24.3 seconds left to finish with 19 points off the bench and got in on the double-team at the finish to secure the win.

It appeared as if three Sixers moved toward Anthony when he received a pass from Rose, but Anthony was laser-focused on the shot attempt and not on his open teammates.

?I just got into my move quick,?? Anthony said. ?I saw them coming over. I was already in rhythm to take that shot. It rattled in and out. That was the flow of the game with me tonight. A lot of shots were short or in and out.??

(Make adjustment yourself Melo.... pass the ball!)

DON'T PLAY CLOSE GAMES, DON'T PLAY CLOSE GAMES, BE GOOD ENOUGH TO NOT PLAY CLOSE GAMES!!!

My message hasn't been heard yet, I'm speaking louder maybe one day they'll actually hear me

tiger0330

Legend
Rose gets too far under the hoop and can't hit the open layup on a nice inbounds play. Down the other end, Philly is persistent and hits the shot to go up by 1.

We're down 1 with the ball and 24.3 seconds to go.
Thanks for keeping the game thread alive with your running commentary htr10. That's probably why DRose missed it but it was a killer miss along with a couple of other bunnies he missed.

Would you sign him to a 17M/ 4 yr deal? Deal like that is actually very reasonable in today's NBA and he is an elite penetrator. Read where the Knicks would look at Jrue Holiday and the brothers said it would be a dream to play together, I said PJ should sign Justin and sell Jrue on the idea of playing with his brother. Pels can't afford to let Jrue go or get a suitable replacement, so my bet is they try to sign Justin to get Jrue to stay.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Thanks for keeping the game thread alive with your running commentary htr10. That's probably why DRose missed it but it was a killer miss along with a couple of other bunnies he missed.

Would you sign him to a 17M/ 4 yr deal? Deal like that is actually very reasonable in today's NBA and he is an elite penetrator. Read where the Knicks would look at Jrue Holiday and the brothers said it would be a dream to play together, I said PJ should sign Justin and sell Jrue on the idea of playing with his brother. Pels can't afford to let Jrue go or get a suitable replacement, so my bet is they try to sign Justin to get Jrue to stay.
I hope Rose is back. He's been healthy enough, and he's 28. I would love to somehow have him and Rubio, especially if the Knicks don't draft a PG.

I read that about the Holidays. It's intriguing.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks suck, Sixers are up and coming. Simmons and Embiid weren't even playing but the guys they had out there Anderson, Saric, Jahil, TJ and Holmes were enough to beat the sad sack Knicks. How one of the best guys driving the bball DRose misses a layup like that is the curse of the Knicks and every game winning play drawn up by Dumbo Horn always goes to Melo, of course the other team knows that and is going to double him. How about using Melo as a decoy once in a while and have him pass to a cutter once in a while as a play.

The triangle is back and the Knicks are going to build around guys that can play in it. How stupid is that, guys hate to play it and the record says it hasn't worked. If the triangle isn't the reason for this train wreck the last 3 seasons then Phil is, one of the two have to go. Dolan said he wouldn't fire PJ but Knicks fans should hope that he has the self respect to quit after 3 disastrous seasons.
I see Melo called Horns offense too predictable but Horn said it was true Melo's # was called for that shot he missed. Horn tried to put the blame back on Melo saying he had the option of passing out of a trap but he didn't, reminds me of that snake Karl putting the blame on a player when you called his number in the huddle. How about earning your money and coming up with a different play on the last play then going to a guy that's been an I so player his whole career. I had high hopes for Hornacek but he really is a dime a dozen coach and maybe he's the reason we've lost so many close ones.

People really want Rose back? I've seen enough of him and really would rather a PG who plays good defense, passes more, and can hit a 3. Maybe that's too much to ask

tiger0330

Legend
People really want Rose back? I've seen enough of him and really would rather a PG who plays good defense, passes more, and can hit a 3. Maybe that's too much to ask
In his MVP year he shot 33% on over 300 shots. They want him to shoot the 3 and he said he would in the playoffs, wishful thinking about the playoffs but no doubt he'll take more 3s the rest of the way and try to get that % up over 30%.

Signing him depends on who wants to sign with the Knicks and what someone else is willing to pay DRose. Likely he won't sign with the Knicks if someone offers him a similar contract because he hates the triangle. We could do worse than bringing him back for 17M per but it's probably not happening.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
In his MVP year he shot 33% on over 300 shots. They want him to shoot the 3 and he said he would in the playoffs, wishful thinking about the playoffs but no doubt he'll take more 3s the rest of the way and try to get that % up over 30%.

Signing him depends on who wants to sign with the Knicks and what someone else is willing to pay DRose. Likely he won't sign with the Knicks if someone offers him a similar contract because he hates the triangle. We could do worse than bringing him back for 17M per but it's probably not happening.
This triangle thing is so stupid. What kind of President tells the COACH how to coach? This would be like an injured Noah telling Porzingis to only work on tip-ins on offense to be successful in this league.

OakTree

Rookie

Given the amount of dysfunction we have, yes. LeBron, Steph, and Westbrook could suit up and we'd still find a way to **** that up. The rot starts up top.

I won't be surprised if we give up KP for Dwight over the winter break. I'd silently weep as we all have been doing for some time now, but won't be surprised.

OakTree

Rookie
This triangle thing is so stupid. What kind of President tells the COACH how to coach? This would be like an injured Noah telling Porzingis to only work on tip-ins on offense to be successful in this league.

Damn straight.