PJAx goIng nowhere

mafra

Legend
So, the man who took a squad that was underachieving b/c it won 38 or 39 games.... a roster that finished second in the EC the year prior to his arrival.... who then turned that disappointment to a colossal failure (losing 50 games 3 consecutive seasons).....

Who turned a first round pick (Grant) into nothing (as rose walks).... who traded away Hardaway Jr and refused to accept Crowder (when DAL offered him up), the same man who bungled the Rose for Rubio deal bc he balked then waffled....

The man who made perhaps the worst free agent signing in North American history with Noah...

The same GM who not only failed to attract A or B type free agents.... who can't even get meetings with top free agents...

The same guy who hasn't spoken to media (and by proxy to the loyal fans) since Sept.... who is too lazy to work at his job (approaches this gig as if it's a part time job)....

The same dope who humiliated his star in the press when team is playing well.... and embarrassed the org with his obtuse tweets....

The guy who hired Derek Fisher!!!! And couldn't hire Kerr or Walton....

The same tool who demands players fit a system instead of creating system to match his players....

O, joy.... so excited we get 2 more 50 loss seasons to look forward to.

April is now TANK month, for a city that only awoke when May basketball returned (and it arrived perennially).

tiger0330

Legend
Here's a quote that's hard to understand. Porzingis better bring it next season.

Despite the challenges facing the franchise -- and the fact that they've lost at least 50 games in each of the past three seasons -- Jackson is said to be extremely excited about the future of the Knicks.

Internet rumors are internet rumors, but if what I'm reading is true, the decision to keep PJ is the decision to more or less make the final push to get Melo to waive his no-trade clause. Pretty unlikely that Melo wants another year of dealing with PJ.

jimkcchief88

All Star
So, the man who took a squad that was underachieving b/c it won 38 or 39 games.... a roster that finished second in the EC the year prior to his arrival.... who then turned that disappointment to a colossal failure (losing 50 games 3 consecutive seasons).....

Who turned a first round pick (Grant) into nothing (as rose walks).... who traded away Hardaway Jr and refused to accept Crowder (when DAL offered him up), the same man who bungled the Rose for Rubio deal bc he balked then waffled....

The man who made perhaps the worst free agent signing in North American history with Noah...

The same GM who not only failed to attract A or B type free agents.... who can't even get meetings with top free agents...

The same guy who hasn't spoken to media (and by proxy to the loyal fans) since Sept.... who is too lazy to work at his job (approaches this gig as if it's a part time job)....

The same dope who humiliated his star in the press when team is playing well.... and embarrassed the org with his obtuse tweets....

The guy who hired Derek Fisher!!!! And couldn't hire Kerr or Walton....

The same tool who demands players fit a system instead of creating system to match his players....

O, joy.... so excited we get 2 more 50 loss seasons to look forward to.

April is now TANK month, for a city that only awoke when May basketball returned (and it arrived perennially).

Don't forget giving away Shump, JR, and Mozgov for nothing helping the CAvs win a Chip:(

Broadway

All Star
Internet rumors are internet rumors, but if what I'm reading is true, the decision to keep PJ is the decision to more or less make the final push to get Melo to waive his no-trade clause. Pretty unlikely that Melo wants another year of dealing with PJ.

This really isn't news, I for one took Dolan at his word almost 2mos ago to honor the contract

I think the commitment to Phil was just part of the package deal(picked up a while ago) to bring him here, although inserting your viewpoint this could be the residual affect of what happens to Melo. Melo stated the exit interview with Phil will involve everything being on the table. I anticipate he will be traded this summer

mafra

Legend
Melo's comments last night sent mixed signals.... He said he'll take time to think about things and figure out what's best.... that being in a winning situation is what matters most. Then he said he would move to stay in NY but Phil would have to be committed to winning now and what have to meet 1 demand (and this is invisibly to cease and desist his public bashing of Melo).

I'd lose all respect for Melo if he didn't BEG to leave this dysfunctional mess. Melo isn't a leader on or off the court (Hornachek even alludes to this in his comments).... but he's still a talented scorer and is a true professional. He could be the 3rd wheel to a title contender, especially if surrounded by the right leaders and talent.

I hope Phil doesn't sell Melo for nada.... ten cents on the dollar. I hope he creates the inpreasion that Melo has opened up the list to a few more places....

Phil has 1 chance left to salvage his exec image. Pull a rabbit out of your hat and bring back something for Melo... 1 to 2 young assets.... a player and a future pick.... something. Then, find a gem in this draft.

I have little faith in Phil.... but I'm still hoping. The Melo circus has to end.... I just hope it's not another shump-smith dump.

Hey Phil.... you've had 3 years to learn.... now make it happen this summer.

mafra

Legend
Knicks president Phil Jackson will address the media Friday for the first time since Sept. 23 ? three days before training camp ? to lay out his newest grand plan

mafra

Legend
ESPN reported that Anthony and assistant coach Kurt Rambis, Jackson's friend and loyalist, got into a heated exchange during halftime of a game in Brooklyn last month. According to one player, Rambis took exception to Anthony essentially calling the entire operation a clown show.

The Daily News has learned that one hour earlier, several players were angry that Hornacek told the team that with the playoffs no longer in reach to just go "out and have fun and don't worry about winning." That didn't sit well with the veterans.

The Knicks have never been pulling in the same direction under Jackson. When Derek Fisher tried to be his own man, Jackson fired him. When Hornacek tried to tweak the offense, Jackson forced him to stick with the triangle. Hornacek is already the fourth coach to work under Jackson. Then there's Joakim Noah's contract and those 166 losses.

mafra

Legend
In January, the Daily News reported that Anthony went on a tirade following a loss to the Sixers, admonishing his teammates while upset that he was frozen out on the final possession.

Apparently that wasn't the last problem. ESPN reported Anthony went off following a loss in Brooklyn in March, getting into an expletive-laden back and forth with coach Jeff Hornacek and assistant Kurt Rambis.

According to the report, Hornacek ripped into the team, Anthony responded angrily about the direction of the organization and Rambis took his turn by questioning Anthony's defense.

On that same night, Porzingis publicly said the entire organization is confused.

"From top to bottom, everybody," he said. "It's hard to play like that."

paris401

Starter
mafra;303364 I hope Phil doesn't sell Melo for nada.... ten cents on the dollar. I hope he creates the inpreasion that Melo has opened up the list to a few more places.... .[/QUOTE said:
are u joking??? this aint the 1800's where news is carried by the pony express- every gm knows Me-Lo has to go, that he's an old 33, with failing knee's, plays no "D", not a leader... need I go on??.. I mite be wrong, but his value is close to zero... BUT... never say never... I have seen auctions where two guys have to show who has the bigger dick, and a 20k car sells for 100k...

mafra

Legend
are u joking??? this aint the 1800's where news is carried by the pony express- every gm knows Me-Lo has to go, that he's an old 33, with failing knee's, plays no "D", not a leader... need I go on??.. I mite be wrong, but his value is close to zero... BUT... never say never... I have seen auctions where two guys have to show who has the bigger dick, and a 20k car sells for 100k...

Well, that's the hope.... Have both LA teams bid against one another bc they want Melo and don't want the other one to get him.

LAC an older team whose window is closing and LAK a budding team who
needs a vet and wants to prepare for a run at Westbrook.

Anyway, if Melo opens up the door for other teams and if Phil let's it be known he'd rather keep Melo than dump him.... A good GM should get something. Look what BOS got for KG and PP.

Broadway

All Star
Well, that's the hope.... Have both LA teams bid against one another bc they want Melo and don't want the other one to get him.

LAC an older team whose window is closing and LAK a budding team who
needs a vet and wants to prepare for a run at Westbrook.

Anyway, if Melo opens up the door for other teams and if Phil let's it be known he'd rather keep Melo than dump him.... A good GM should get something. Look what BOS got for KG and PP.

Naaahh that won't work, GMs will see right through that ED. They'll just let Phil fall on Melo's sword

paris401

Starter
Well, that's the hope.... A good GM should get something. Look what BOS got for KG and PP.

while he hasn't won anything, ainge has a plan... Pjax is a dick... has no clue...plus is there another billy king and another stupid Russian around... but as u rightfully say...well that's the hope...

mafra

Legend
Naaahh that won't work, GMs will see right through that ED. They'll just let Phil fall on Melo's sword

What would you prefer then? Trade Melo for nothing or keep him his final year?

I'm not buying the addition by subtraction.... I would keep Melo if nothing is offered that helps us moving forward.

I doubt Phil will do this.... but we'll see. Again, the best thing we have going for us is the potential that both LA teams want Melo and hopefully with a new GM and ties between Buss-Jax, something could be worked out.

tiger0330

Legend
Well its official end of the Melo era in NY. Phil told him the Knicks want to go in another direction, haven't been able to win with him. Now Phil has to find a deal but Melo is going to expand that list of teams he'll go to and may even go to a rebuilding situation like the Lakers. I think after today, you can't keep him on the roster, have to take any deal for him inc Rivers, Jamal and a 2021 protected first as stupid as that is for Menlo.