Which PG(s) should we go after?

Anyone we get, we're going to overpay and continue this cycle of trying to get rid of last year's bad deals (e.g. Noah and Lee) to make room for this year's bad deals. Let's just get Baker back and hope Ntilikina can take the job from him as the season goes.

I'd love to get a George Hill-type to open the season as the starter and mentor Ntilikina, but it just doesn't seem realistic.

tiger0330

Legend
Cross Jeff Teague off the list after reading there was mutual interest in him joining the Knicks. Thibs with that Butler trade and with KAT and Wiggins is putting together a team that players want to play on.

Hard to see the Knicks attracting anyone in FA, maybe the best plan is to go full tank and start Baker and force feed Frank.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks has a chance to get Noah on the court to earn every penny in his contract by signing FA PG George Hill plus signing FA Rondo too. Signing both PG to the Knicks will turn the franchise into a winning situation in the 2017-18 season .. making the Atlantic Division the winning division in the East.
The Knicks resigning Baker are like asking to be a 2017-18 season LOTTERY team !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Well .. if the Knicks organization have any high plans on developing our young raw players throughout the up coming 82 game season then the Knicks better hurry and sign Rondo asap before the next NBA team sign Rondo to guide their young drafted guards to be a leader at the point plus teach the basic tricks of PnR to the young big-men.

Rondo may be this n that .. butt Rondo's professionalism knows all the tricks of the trade to improve teammates performance.
Rondo may not be a scorer .. Rondo is one of the best facilitators in the league.

I think all these reports of us having contact with free agents is being generated by the media so they have something to get internet clicks from Knicks fans. Steve Mills is a complete lame duck GM at this point. I have seen no compelling evidence that our front office is doing anything.

mafra

Legend
I think all these reports of us having contact with free agents is being generated by the media so they have something to get internet clicks from Knicks fans. Steve Mills is a complete lame duck GM at this point. I have seen no compelling evidence that our front office is doing anything.

We don't have any cash to spend. Simple as that. We normally don't do much anyway, and when we do it's the wrong move. But we have to renounce Rose just to scrap together 15 mil of cap space.

We don't have any cash to spend. Simple as that. We normally don't do much anyway, and when we do it's the wrong move. But we have to renounce Rose just to scrap together 15 mil of cap space.

As it stands right now, we undeniably have one of the 5 worst rosters in the NBA. Noah's contract is untradeable, but a good GM would find a way to move at least one out of Lee, Thomas, or Melo's contracts, or work out a sign and trade with Rose.

Our front office year after year makes it look like it is impossible to do what other front offices do routinely every off-season.

Get some young guys in here, don't just talk about doing it. We have a rough 82 games to watch ahead of us this season if Dolan continues to roll with our pretend GM.

mafra

Legend
Can't argue with ya. But we do have KP, WHG, Frank and all our first round picks!

Plus, I imagine we'll be a more exciting bunch to watch.... no ISO crap.

Baker has some moxy and we still have time to improve. Still, we really need a top 3 pick so why not lose 65!

Can't argue with ya. But we do have KP, WHG, Frank and all our first round picks!

Baker has some moxy and we still have time to improve. Still, we really need a top 3 pick so why not lose 65!

There's nothing I enjoy more than watching the Knicks play, but man, like you said, we better be one of those fun bad teams this coming season.

Kiyaman

Legend

Stop the foolishness .. KP and WHG are so undeveloped the two talents could not win 20 games out of 82 games.
Plus our 18 yr old rookie PG Frank Nitty has contracted the Noah symptom after meeting our BUM coaching-staff and DUM management in the SL games .. contract first, injury second before putting on a Knicks jersey.

Being optimistic with blind hope when the THREAD is all about the Knicks desperate need for a NBA experience PG!
The 20 win season Brooklyn Nets has two PG that are capable of beating the Knicks next season 3-1
The 28 win season 76ers has 3 PG that are capable of beating the Knicks next season 4-0
The other two teams in the Atlantic Division Raptors and Celtrics PG will beat us next season 4-0

and1

Rotation player
Stop the foolishness .. KP and WHG are so undeveloped the two talents could not win 20 games out of 82 games.
Plus our 18 yr old rookie PG Frank Nitty has contracted the Noah symptom after meeting our BUM coaching-staff and DUM management in the SL games .. contract first, injury second before putting on a Knicks jersey.

Being optimistic with blind hope when the THREAD is all about the Knicks desperate need for a NBA experience PG!
The 20 win season Brooklyn Nets has two PG that are capable of beating the Knicks next season 3-1
The 28 win season 76ers has 3 PG that are capable of beating the Knicks next season 4-0
The other two teams in the Atlantic Division Raptors and Celtrics PG will beat us next season 4-0

lol dude, he got the injury playing in france after the draft. i'm pretty sure he didn't have all that much interaction with the knicks' coaches and trainers in that time. i seriously doubt there was any time for that.
also, noah had serious injury problems before we signed him. and yet we signed him anyway. to a ridiculous contract.
i'm just as suspect about the coaches and trainers as the next guy, but this is stretching it a bit.

also, if we do trade melo to houston and the whole 'addition by subtraction' theory everyone was swearing by last season turns out to be accurate, then both KP and baby-gasol should thrive and improve, according to theory anyway. we'll see if the trade happens and we'll see just how accurate that theory turns out to be. don't you remember the whole 'melo needs to hand the team over to KP RIGHT NOW' thing? I remember it. Suddenly that's changed. maybe KP didn't have as good of a 2nd year as his rookie season? people can argue that. but i'll tell you what, there is a real thing called the sophomore slump. and if that was KP's sophomore slump, well then i would argue that it wasn't so bad.

i really don't like the idea of rondo being the guy to mentor our impressionable 19 year old rookie PG. rondo has a reputation for being a bit of a problem, even if he is a really good player. it's bad enough that KP is starting to show some serious diva traits. now we're going to have our rookie PG pick up bad locker room traits and soap opera drama issues? i don't know, y'all.

Hoopshype literally just posted a link where it refers to continued interest between the Knicks and Rondo and how Rondo's mentorship was raved about in Sacramento and Chicago.

We need to trade or buyout Melo and make the cap space to sign Rondo. We need to give Ntilikina a fighting chance to develop into a real PG in this league. If your best "veteran PG mentor" is Ron Baker, you might as well just lay down and die.

Kiyaman

Legend
lol dude, he got the injury playing in france after the draft. i'm pretty sure he didn't have all that much interaction with the knicks' coaches and trainers in that time. i seriously doubt there was any time for that.
also, noah had serious injury problems before we signed him. and yet we signed him anyway. to a ridiculous contract.
i'm just as suspect about the coaches and trainers as the next guy, but this is stretching it a bit.

also, if we do trade melo to houston and the whole 'addition by subtraction' theory everyone was swearing by last season turns out to be accurate, then both KP and baby-gasol should thrive and improve, according to theory anyway. we'll see if the trade happens and we'll see just how accurate that theory turns out to be. don't you remember the whole 'melo needs to hand the team over to KP RIGHT NOW' thing? I remember it. Suddenly that's changed. maybe KP didn't have as good of a 2nd year as his rookie season? people can argue that. but i'll tell you what, there is a real thing called the sophomore slump. and if that was KP's sophomore slump, well then i would argue that it wasn't so bad.

i really don't like the idea of rondo being the guy to mentor our impressionable 19 year old rookie PG. rondo has a reputation for being a bit of a problem, even if he is a really good player. it's bad enough that KP is starting to show some serious diva traits. now we're going to have our rookie PG pick up bad locker room traits and soap opera drama issues? i don't know, y'all.

Believe me when i say it .. If Cuban's Mavs had selected Frank Nitty in the draft .. plus pay for the french coach in the SL game .. Frank would play every SL game for the Mavs.
Phil select Frank in draft, week later Phil is FIRED! Mismanagement!!!
If u were Frank agent would u tell him to play in the Knicks SL game without a contract?

And NO! i was not on board with Melo letting KP be the first second or 3rd option on offense.
KP has not prove to be a starter nor has KP earned playing time through his performance.

Kiyaman

Legend
Hoopshype literally just posted a link where it refers to continued interest between the Knicks and Rondo and how Rondo's mentorship was raved about in Sacramento and Chicago.

We need to trade or buyout Melo and make the cap space to sign Rondo. We need to give Ntilikina a fighting chance to develop into a real PG in this league. If your best "veteran PG mentor" is Ron Baker, you might as well just lay down and die.

So True .. Mills should have used the money for Rose to sign George Hill or Rondo as our starter PG .. first step.