Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets 7:30 10/03/2017 [Preseason Game #1]

Lots of offense, not much defense, as you would expect.

Busy 1st quarter for Ntilikina. 3 assists, 2 turnovers, and a 3-pointer.

Ntilikina getting Kanter good looks, although he's missing a lot of them. Ntilikina checks out of the game. When he comes back, I hope he gets some minutes with KP.

Finally, 3 minutes into the 2nd quarter, WHG is the 11th Knick to check into the game.

Sessions actively working with Ntilikina on the bench. He's not the perfect choice, but I'm glad we have Sessions instead of Rose, who didn't even know that Ntilikina speaks English.

Our guys already look better with regards to team passing than we did most of the time last year. Defense has been subpar though.

Wow, Lin looks like hot garbage. Man, if only he spent as much time worrying about his game as he does about his terrible hairdo.

After an encouraging start, we played a relatively mediocre 1st half. In particular, our defense looks soft.

tiger0330

Legend
After an encouraging start, we played a relatively mediocre 1st half. In particular, our defense looks soft.
I was disappointed in the D. Last season they allowed 60pts plus by the half, holding the Nets to 59 is like giving up 65 to most other teams. Only pre-season but they have a lot of work to do.

tiger0330

Legend
Meaningless game, but great chance for the young Knicks to get off on the right foot in front of some of the fans. Glad Ntilikina is playing. Still would surprise me to see WHG and Lee come off the bench.
CLee making a case for one of those starting spots.

Broadway

All Star
Didn't get a chance to watch the game but cool to see DM starting. I wish LP was free these 2weeks. THJR trying to get off on the right foot of chucking lol! What's up with letting DR go off like that?

Our defense will be an ongoing issue all season. Rambis can longer be the escapegoat

Last edited:

and1

Rotation player
yeah, we obviously need to work on the defense. again.
nitty looked pretty good, considering this was his first nba game and the fact that he's recovering from a groin injury.
KP attempted only one 3 pointer? whereas THJ attempted 11 hahaha. but at least he hit 5 of them.
beasley and WHG both with 10 rebounds.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm just gonna enjoy watching the preseason games of the rebuiding Knicks young core crew develop ..
That's really what it's all about this season .. They've gotta play, make mistakes and LEARN.

The game had its good along with its bad .. its bad we loss to a lottery Nets team .. it's good we got our first chance to watch what every 2017-18 Knick player (except Noah) are bringing to the table to put on the court.
It was very easy to cast blame on the Knicks Defense .. those who watch the game seen the consistent defensive-liability players throughout the game .. our perimeter defense were non-existence .. no names need to be mention.

I was hoping for coach Hornacek to be more creative in the preseason lineup/substitution to get players on the same-page by creating a all young-core lineup of Frank/Dotson/Mcderm/KP/WHG/6th Man Baker .. then putting a all veteran lineup on the floor in Jack/Lee/Beasley/Quinn/Kanter/6th man Sessions .. its the preseason games .. it would have been nice to have a creative coach with a substitution-plan that has veteran teammates mentoring the young-core teammates with show n tell in the preseason games.

Kiyaman

Legend
I watched the Wolves vs GSW preseason game .. Wolves coach Thibs played a 10 man rotation given all 10 players double-digit minutes playing time to keep the game score close changing 2 n 3 pt leads throughout all 4 quarters.
The Wolves 10 players had great ball movement n great team defense from all 10 teammates, as well as the championship Warriors 17 man rotation in the preseason game.

Do anyone understand why coach Thibs played only 10 players in each of the two preseason games?
Do you think coach Thibs will do the same thing with the same players in the Wolves 3rd preseason game?