Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Los Angeles Lakers 7:00 12/12/2017 [Game #27]

KP is the 1st Knick to have more than 35 points, more than 10 rebounds, and 5 blocks in a game since Patrick Ewing over 20 years ago

tiger0330

Legend
KP is the 1st Knick to have more than 35 points, more than 10 rebounds, and 5 blocks in a game since Patrick Ewing over 20 years ago
Only thing better was if he could have made the game winner and taking a shot he could actually make would have been better. Have to see that play again, but was it a lack of execution or a poorly designed play that got him so far away from the basket?

Kiyaman

Legend

Cut it out .. the NBA has turned their strong PF into WEAK stretch-forwards ..
KP is a stretch-forward that would have been a injury-prone DNP player in the 1990's
Pippin would probably be the best stretch-forward in the NBA right now lol
The Lakers have no big men on their roster plus weak Lopez only played 23 minutes compared to KP 40 minutes ..
KP has become worthless as soon as any of our opponent get physical with him.
You can not compare today stats with the 1980-90's Basketball

and1

Rotation player
attachment.php

yeeeaaaaaah, check it. doesn't matter if he's a 'weak' PF or stretch or whatever. he made history and he's OUR GUY.
2nd unit guys came up BIG for us down the stretch!

Attachments

• KP6.PNG
    KP6.PNG
    13.4 KB · Views: 19

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
KP is slowly learning how to deal with double teams now, this is new to him, but he is better and better..... no matter what, he is the best player we have and he is an all star in the league....

mafra

Legend
#kporzee played very well tonight, not the game to be overly critical of him. The whole team has played hard

Indeed, b/c MVkP has returned last 2 games.... 16-28 shooting.... 5 blocks.... a double-double. He?s second in NBA in 4th Q scoring (along with being 8th in total scoring).

Hands-down this was ntiklina?s best game of his young career. Simply vintage PG play with vision, passing, defense, shooting, penetrating, making clutch shots.

Beasley with his best game as a Knick! Whatever we needed down the stretch, he provided.

Nights like this give you hope.... KP, Ntikilina (and Kanter, THJr) leading the charge.... a bench of solid pros in KOQ, McDerm, Lee, MB and Jack providing support and some spark.

Team needs time to mature plus 1 more foundation piece.

Anyway, we just barely beat ATL and LAK at home and lost in CHI.... not exactly a statement week. Still, they did win 2/3 and win tonight the way we need to see it.

Lakers have no KP. No way Lebron goes to LA. I think James skips to HOU to play with Harden.

mafra

Legend
Not to knock ball b/c he looked solid, and showcased skills for a
nasty 2-minute stretch.... But Ntikilina was the better player tonight. Ball couldn?t even guard him.... he had to play McDerms. I think Ball was better the first 3 quarters.... but then Knitty went ballistic.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Great win last night....Cmon Kiya give KP a little credit for dropping 35 points and we needed every one of them. I would have liked to see the ball swing better, but those double teams came from everywhere. It?s up to the rest of the guys to make themselves available to beat the double teams. Frank looked the part down the stretch and even Mcbuckets played great down the stretch. Nice win on national tv and good looking basketball to boot!

When told about this stat, KP?s response was supposedly that it was an honor ?but that doesn?t help us make the playoffs?

Kiyaman

Legend
Great win last night....Cmon Kiya give KP a little credit for dropping 35 points and we needed every one of them. I would have liked to see the ball swing better, but those double teams came from everywhere. It?s up to the rest of the guys to make themselves available to beat the double teams. Frank looked the part down the stretch and even Mcbuckets played great down the stretch. Nice win on national tv and good looking basketball to boot!

It was a great Knicks win .. coach Horn exploiting KP for 40 minutes plus giving KP the green light to shoot over 20 shots per against lottery teams Hawks n Lakers .. the two games remind me to much of our ISO-Melo era .. star player for-filling hyped-up stats on bad teams .. rather than keeping the ball-movement to get all the rotation of players involve on offense by recording dimes n scoring.
Plus Horn coach and substituted a losing rotation vs the Bulls game.

It was a great Knicks win .. coach Horn exploiting KP for 40 minutes plus giving KP the green light to shoot over 20 shots per against lottery teams Hawks n Lakers .. the two games remind me to much of our ISO-Melo era .. star player for-filling hyped-up stats on bad teams .. rather than keeping the ball-movement to get all the rotation of players involve on offense by recording dimes n scoring.

Dude you are out of your mind.

KP needed that many shots because no one else could make a bucket besides beasley and frank down the stretch.

look at the box score

C LEE took 17 shots and missed 12 of them,

Jack couldnt find the basket

every one else was pedestrian at best.

KP gets his shots within the offense. atleast 10 times down in a row KP scored on run set plays where every one touched the ball, KP got the ball in good position and took advantage of mismatches.

The difference between ISO MELO Was he wouldnt even let the team get into a set before jacking up shots.

Porzingas does his scoring within the flow.

You are out of your mind dude,

I came back on this site with the mindset of reading something logical and fun again and now I am back off of it after realizing Kiya still lives his life under Metrocards proverbial Armpit.

enjoy your holidays.

regards,

mafra

Legend

When somebody shoots 14-26 the question is, ?why didn?t they shoot more.?

Anyway, did you see that 3 Knits drained as the shot clock expired? KP gave him ball with 6 seconds left.... ISO Melo doesn?t give that ball up.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dude you are out of your mind.

KP needed that many shots because no one else could make a bucket besides beasley and frank down the stretch.

look at the box score

C LEE took 17 shots and missed 12 of them,

Jack couldnt find the basket

every one else was pedestrian at best.

KP gets his shots within the offense. atleast 10 times down in a row KP scored on run set plays where every one touched the ball, KP got the ball in good position and took advantage of mismatches.

The difference between ISO MELO Was he wouldnt even let the team get into a set before jacking up shots.

Porzingas does his scoring within the flow.

You are out of your mind dude,

I came back on this site with the mindset of reading something logical and fun again and now I am back off of it after realizing Kiya still lives his life under Metrocards proverbial Armpit.

enjoy your holidays.

regards,

You got it all wrong .. I want to see a Knicks team beat below .500 opponents .. i want to see KP put up those type of big numbers vs above .500 teams plus in our road games.
Being consistent only vs below .500 teams while playing at HOME equal ISO-Melo !!!
The few minutes KP was on the bench in both of games the Knicks were doing well .. or u did not notice that.

Kiyaman

Legend
When somebody shoots 14-26 the question is, “why didn’t they shoot more.”

Anyway, did you see that 3 Knits drained as the shot clock expired? KP gave him ball with 6 seconds left.... ISO Melo doesn’t give that ball up.

The question should be how many shots did the team take in the game .. the Knicks team took over 100 shots last night when the Knicks average 90 shots per, but KP has been averaging close to 26 shots per game since the team started the season. Lakers defense was poor last night giving the Knicks a chance to score in a uptempo game ..
Lee's big boost of playing-time n green-light to shoot in the past 10 games show he has become the Knicks court leader by being in practically all the rotation lineups.

mafra

Legend
It?s not responsibility of a 7?3? PF/C to orchestrate the offense and facilitate for others.... Guards should do this...

We want KP to pass and find open guys.... sure. Especially when the double team arrives.... but some nights, based on action and matchups.... KP will Be asked to fire at will.

I felt KP forced a couple shots down the stretch.... but otherwise he was playing within the flow of the offense.

jimkcchief88

All Star
The question should be how many shots did the team take in the game .. the Knicks team took over 100 shots last night when the Knicks average 90 shots per, but KP has been averaging close to 26 shots per game since the team started the season. Lakers defense was poor last night giving the Knicks a chance to score in a uptempo game ..
Lee's big boost of playing-time n green-light to shoot in the past 10 games show he has become the Knicks court leader by being in practically all the rotation lineups.

We need TimJR back pronto did you see that open court layup CLEE just lost out of bounds??? WTF was that?? I think KP won?t have to take as many shots when Timmy is back but we are down shooters right now.

and1

Rotation player
damned if you do, damned if you don't... for some.
btw, bulls have been looking pretty damn good since mirotic got back for them. just sayin'...
but they've dug themselves so deep in a hole, i don't think they'd be able to get up enough for any kind of sensible playoff talk.
meanwhile, westchester knicks are 12-5 on the season.
burke, hicks and hayes making things happen. perhaps even more evidence that our future is looking bright. we shall see.

and1

Rotation player
trye burke's stats so far this season.

attachment.php

not too shabby.

Attachments

• treyStats.jpg
    treyStats.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 11

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
It is not KPs fault others are not stepping up, he is doing a very good job, when THJ was here he was sharing the load too and KP didn't hog the ball (and still not hogging it), but when other members of the team are not stepping up and your star is scoring efficiently above 50% then you can blame the team members for not having better game, not KP for having great game, as Mafra said, it is not his job to orchestrate and facilitate, it is a bonus and a nice thing of course, but it is not his main task.
If Kia is criticizing KP because he wants him to be better while acknowledging he is a very good player and an all star then that is normal, but it starts to look like i will always hate you no matter what you do on the court