Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors 7:30 2/8/2018 [Game #55]

mafra

Legend
Knitikina with an awful turnover. Just standing there at top of court and one-hands pass right into arms of his defender.... then he bricks a jumper in the paint. Ugly.

Kornet with dunks, 3-pointers, rebounds and blocks. A baby KP.

tiger0330

Legend
Breen talking about the Raps bench. Have to give it to Ujuri and how hes built that team Anounoby, VanVleet, Wright etc.

Knitikina with an awful turnover. Just standing there at top of court and one-hands pass right into arms of his defender.... then he bricks a jumper in the paint. Ugly.

Kornet with dunks, 3-pointers, rebounds and blocks. A baby KP.

Ntilikina is feast or famine. He makes some nice plays and then he makes some plays where you think he?s kidding that they?re so bad.

mafra

Legend
Now Lee has ball taken from him by his defender bc he was standing there with ball doing nothing. We can accept that from Knits, but not from the vet.

We?re losing by 20 anyway, so why play Lee or Jack? Just a waste.

Now Lee has ball taken from him by his defender bc he was standing there with ball doing nothing. We can accept that from Knits, but not from the vet.

We?re losing by 20 anyway, so why play Lee or Jack? Just a waste.

Hornacek is playing Ntilikina, Burke, Kornet, and Hicks out there with Lee, so at least that?s something.

tiger0330

Legend
Ntilikina is feast or famine. He makes some nice plays and then he makes some plays where you think he’s kidding that they’re so bad.
He'll get better but judging by where other players were in their rookie years I'd say it might be next season or the season after that the light goes on for him. Question is will the Knicks be patient.

5th straight loss. 26 games left in the season. Maybe we win 5 of those? That might even be too high a guess.

mafra

Legend
5th straight loss. 26 games left in the season. Maybe we win 5 of those? That might even be too high a guess.

5-21 is par. I would bet we win less than 5. Great news tho. Better draft pick the better we are. Play the kids, gain experience and swallow the Ls.

tiger0330

Legend
Kornet with a double double 11/10 first game as a Knick, nice game by him. Nits 5 to's 2-6 shooting, he's not beating out Mudiay playing like that.

Kornet with a double double 11/10 first game as a Knick, nice game by him. Nits 5 to's 2-6 shooting, he's not beating out Mudiay playing like that.

High turnovers and poor shooting is what Mudiay brings too. Lot more likely that neither Mudiay nor Ntilikina is our future starting PG than it is Mudiay takes the job. Mudiay couldn?t even stay in the rotation in Denver. Ironically, the only PG on our roster good enough to take playing time from Ntilikina is Jack. Even Burke has barely taken playing time from Ntilikina over the last few games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Watching the Boston vs Wizard game tonight it's the end of 3rd qtr. .. Headcoach Brad Stevens has played 4 centers in tonight's rotation (Baynes Hordford Theis n Greg Monroe) ....
If Hornacek had a clue ???

mafra

Legend
Might be worth it if we get a stud but another Ntilikina I couldn't handle.

Look at PHI, with all their lottery picks the process generated. Embiid, Saric, Okafor, Simmons, Fultz. Hit, sort of nicked something, bust, hit, bust.

The best way for NY to imprthe be talent on the roster is 2 More high lottery picks. Just like KP and Knits was a hit and a sort of nicked something... 2 more picks mitigates the risk. We hope we nail 1/2 picks... that?s all you can ask for. Not many get a KD, Harden, Westbrook all in a row.

I?m sure if we get a top 5 pick we?ll snag a franchise type talent.

mafra

Legend
Luke Kornet had a terrific NBA debut on the stat sheet against the Raptors on Thursday, scoring 11 points with 10 rebounds, four blocks and three 3-pointers in 22 minutes.
This was not a garbage time special with Kornet getting minutes in the first quarter as Kyle O'Quinn's backup. He's one of the best-shooting seven-footers in the G League and the Knicks gave him a green light with seven attempts from deep -- his jumper is silky smooth. Enes Kanter (mouth) probably won't be out for too long, but Kornet does offer some upside for points, boards, blocks and treys. If you are in a deep league and you hate the guy at the end of your bench, maybe it's time to give The UniKornet a look to see what happens. By the way, shoutout to the Knicks new beat writer Mike Vorkunov for the UniKornet nickname.

Broadway

All Star
High turnovers and poor shooting is what Mudiay brings too. Lot more likely that neither Mudiay nor Ntilikina is our future starting PG than it is Mudiay takes the job. Mudiay couldn?t even stay in the rotation in Denver. Ironically, the only PG on our roster good enough to take playing time from Ntilikina is Jack. Even Burke has barely taken playing time from Ntilikina over the last few games.

I actually think Mudiay and Knits is our back court of the future. I think THJR is going to become a 6th man because he plays exactly like one, especially if we dump Lee. I think Doncic or Porter are our draft targets.

Mudiay is a better PG for now who has the ability to score(in particular double digits)...a difference in shooting and scoring. Trust we're going to give him a look as a starter.