Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 29

Broadway

All Star
I don't want to see Jack/Thomas/Lee/THJR anymore...I want all of them gone to start next season

If it were up to me I'd look next yr to do this...

Starters

PG=Mudiay
G=Knits
SF=Free Agent/Rookie(second half season)
PF=Beasley/#kporzee(second half season)
C=Kanter

Bench

Burke
Dotson
THJR/Rookie
Free Agent/KO/Beasley
Kornet

The free agents I want are Hezonja and Noel/Randle, the Rookie I want is Doncic, although I'm very okay with others. I'd give up a 2021 1st to move the above players as necessary

Last edited:
People are going to want to talk more about Mudiay who had the double double tonight with only 2 turnovers, although he did struggle shooting going 5 for 14 from the floor.

But, it?s also worth talking about what Mudiay?s emergence as the new PG did for Ntilikina and how it finally allowed him to slide to the off guard on offense. Ntilikina had 12 points on 3 for 7 shooting, including 2 for 2 from 3-point range, with only 1 turnover. He only had 1 assist because he was handling the ball much less. Most importantly, in a game we lost by 8, Ntilikina?s personal plus/minus was +8. This is probably his future in the NBA. Peripheral role on offense, but positively affecting the bottom line because of his defense.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
As many who know me from other forums, I have been a knick fan for roughly 37 years, I stopped following them and started following Denver when the knicks made that ridiculous carmelo Anthony trade, that was the last straw for me among other things. I have always like Mudiay and I hate that Denver basically gave him to the knicks. But good for the knicks, they can now stop with the dreams of starting frankie who IMO is an average player at best. I may be wrong but I don't see a PG in that kid. Mudiay may be the knicks answer and will be a reason why I watch the knicks. Today 14/10 in his first game with the knicks.. Hopefully he finds a home here and fulfills his potential. I think Denver gave up too early and Malone did a poor job coaching him.

mafra

Legend
Mudiay is in the ideal spot for him, if there is ever going to be an environment suitable for him that enables his fill potential to be unleashed, here it is folks.

1- NYC is the place on this planet that breeds and nourishes PGs. City courts invented the position!

2- Knicks didn?t have anything resembling a starting PG on the roster... haven?t had a quality PG in 20 years!

3- KP is out for a while. This means Mudiay doesn?t have to differ to anybody on the court. He can just go play his game. And, there?s no pressure to win for the next 100 games. He can just improve at him s pace... as long as he shows flashes, press won?t harp on the flaws bc wins won?t be the premium.

4- He speaks French. He has similar background to Knits. The only thorn that could cause strife, the battle between two young PGs, will work as an advantage.

5- Mudiay will feed off the MSG vibes and the energy from the crowd will elevate his play.

I think NY is on the right path.... getting closer... just need to keep stockpiling talent.

tiger0330

Legend
People are going to want to talk more about Mudiay who had the double double tonight with only 2 turnovers, although he did struggle shooting going 5 for 14 from the floor.

But, it’s also worth talking about what Mudiay’s emergence as the new PG did for Ntilikina and how it finally allowed him to slide to the off guard on offense. Ntilikina had 12 points on 3 for 7 shooting, including 2 for 2 from 3-point range, with only 1 turnover. He only had 1 assist because he was handling the ball much less. Most importantly, in a game we lost by 8, Ntilikina’s personal plus/minus was +8. This is probably his future in the NBA. Peripheral role on offense, but positively affecting the bottom line because of his defense.
That's been the knock on him his entire career so far that below average shooting and I was surprised to read he is dead last in defensive RPM of 97 PGs and his net rating is terrible at -8.2 as well. Lot of love for the guy from Broadway, TKF and Mafra but 3 yrs into his career the odds are he's more bust than the answer, I also don't agree the Knicks are the change of scenery that he needed, the Knicks have not been an environment where guys have blossomed more times than not. One game, jury is still out on a low risk move for a guy that we let go next season if he fails the audition.

Paul1355

All Star
I liked Mudiay, offense flowed best with him in on the floor.
I love him and Frankie, but someone has to take over for jack in starting rotation. I can see them going with Burke as the starter over jack and having Mudiay, Frankie as the bench back court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's been the knock on him his entire career so far that below average shooting and I was surprised to read he is dead last in defensive RPM of 97 PGs and his net rating is terrible at -8.2 as well. Lot of love for the guy from Broadway, TKF and Mafra but 3 yrs into his career the odds are he's more bust than the answer, I also don't agree the Knicks are the change of scenery that he needed, the Knicks have not been an environment where guys have blossomed more times than not. One game, jury is still out on a low risk move for a guy that we let go next season if he fails the audition.

No one bashed Mudiay harder his rookie year than me. Broadway and I went back and forth on it for weeks that year. Hell, we?re desperate though and it?s going to get old quick watching this team for the rest of another bad season if I don?t at least think Mudiay has a chance to be good.

tiger0330

Legend
No one bashed Mudiay harder his rookie year than me. Broadway and I went back and forth on it for weeks that year. Hell, we’re desperate though and it’s going to get old quick watching this team for the rest of another bad season if I don’t at least think Mudiay has a chance to be good.

I hear you htr10 but bad shooting and bad D is not a recipe for success. Makes me laugh when Perry mentioned talent infusion when you see Mudiay's stats.

Broadway

All Star
No one bashed Mudiay harder his rookie year than me. Broadway and I went back and forth on it for weeks that year. Hell, we’re desperate though and it’s going to get old quick watching this team for the rest of another bad season if I don’t at least think Mudiay has a chance to be good.

Interesting take here because Trey Burke was everyone's fancy a couple weeks ago. A guy also drafted in the lottery who numbers weren't all that good, yet he was looked at as a potential savior. His size very questionable(although not my thing to be overly critical on) no one took slight to it. He doesn't distribute the basketball that well but offensively he's solid.

I bet if Mudiay was sent down to the G-League dollars to donuts he rips that league up, anyone want to refute this?

Having him here isn't going to be as good as it could with the absence of #kporzee but this is what I love about getting him. Forget the numbers for a sec, what I'd like to see is what he can do if he gets more familiar with guys he's playing with. I think he'll get better in the offseason in a couple areas. I look at this move like getting an Oladipo/Hassan Whiteside/Will Barton/Trye Lyles

Get them before they start showing promise or blowing up, otherwise you'll never be able to. There were things he did yesterday from a distribution perspective that we haven't seen in some time. Take a look

This move will also allow for Knits and Mudiay himself to expand their game because they can play off each other. Once again if Hornacek was good at anything it was guard development to a degree, let's see where this goes. For the record #kporzee numbers were going down for 4 straight mos and as good as he was, this wasn't a good sign either him being the focal point and capable of carrying the team. We finally have someone who may know how to get him the ball and hopefully make things easier for him down the road

Last edited:
Interesting take here because Trey Burke was everyone's fancy a couple weeks ago. A guy also drafted in the lottery who numbers weren't all that good, yet he was looked at as a potential savior. His size very questionable(although not my thing to be overly critical on) no one took slight to it. He doesn't distribute the basketball that well but offensively he's solid.

I bet if Mudiay was sent down to the G-League dollars to donuts he rips that league up, anyone want to refute this?

Having him here isn't going to be not as good as it could with the absence of #kporzee but this is what I love about getting him. Forget the numbers for a sec, what I'd like to see is what he can do if he gets more familiar with guys he's playing with. I think he'll get better in the offseason in a couple areas. I look at this move like getting an Oladipo/Hassan Whiteside/Will Barton/Trye Lyles

Get them before they start showing promise or blowing up, otherwise you'll never be able to. There were things he did yesterday from a distribution perspective that we haven't seen in some time. Take a look

This move will also allow for Knits and Mudiay himself to expand their game because they can play off each other. Once again if Hornacek was good at anything it was guard development to a degree, let's see where this goes. For the record #kporzee numbers were going down for 4 straight mos and as good as he was, this wasn't a good sign either him being the focal point and capable of carrying the team. We finally have someone who may know how to get him the ball and hopefully make things easier for him down the road

Neither Mudiay nor Burke is my kind of player. Ntilikina without the really stupid turnovers is my kind of player, but he is going to be a D and 3 off guard in my mind, not a PG. With or without KP, I?d love for us to have at least a little confidence in a current guy on our roster as our future PG so that we can draft the best available wing in the upcoming draft. Or, as you suggested, sign Hezonja and then just flat out go best available in the draft.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well this one is getting out of hand fast. Turnovers, bricks, and missed layups...What do they do at halftime in the Knicks lockeroom to come out so flat??? That?s coaching or lack therof. This team is tuning Horn out. Time for a change. Quaigmire in the backcourt, lack of defensive effort, its like Phoenix 2.0😰

Horn's starting 5 unit has been our best tanking unit all season .. with or without TIRED KP they are a sorry starting 5 lineup with no coaching plan or system in the 2nd half of the game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Neither Mudiay nor Burke is my kind of player. Ntilikina without the really stupid turnovers is my kind of player, but he is going to be a D and 3 off guard in my mind, not a PG. With or without KP, I?d love for us to have at least a little confidence in a current guy on our roster as our future PG so that we can draft the best available wing in the upcoming draft. Or, as you suggested, sign Hezonja and then just flat out go best available in the draft.

Htr10 ... The Knicks does not have a PG problem! The Knicks has had a poor Big MAN lineup that's uncoached to play team-defense in their down-low position in the paint .. Kanter n TIRED-KP let opponents score at will in the paint plus Lance n Beasley are wing SF that are clueless of protecting the paint .. I'm tired of watching K'OQuinn manning the paint by himself on the defensive end having poor defensive effort from Lance Beasley Lee n THJ in the lineup.
Hornacek coaching n substitutions has been strictly TANKING Coaching in the 2nd half of each Knicks game.
There has been nothing wrong with any of the Knicks PG performance this season including Sessions .. the Knicks poor big men lineups still has one on one isolation habits plus wanting the ball on the perimeter every time opponents get physical in the paint.
Kanter n TIRED-KP should have been getting 6 to 8 ft shots a piece from the foul line every 2nd half of the game from PnR n screaning for each other to post up down low receiving 20 minute or more of playingtime in the 2nd half of each game.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't want to see Jack/Thomas/Lee/THJR anymore...I want all of them gone to start next season

If it were up to me I'd look next yr to do this...

Starters

PG=Mudiay
G=Knits
SF=Free Agent/Rookie(second half season)
PF=Beasley/#kporzee(second half season)
C=Kanter

Bench

Burke
Dotson
THJR/Rookie
Free Agent/Beasley
Kornet

The free agents I want are Hezonja and Noel/Randle, the Rookie I want is Doncic, although I'm very okay with others. I'd give up a 2021 1st to move the above players as necessary

You think any of the 1 to 10 Lottery teams will trade their pick for the Knicks TIRED-KP ???
Or will they say KP is a injury-prone 1/4 season player who gets TIRED in December!

Kiyaman

Legend
Today vs Philly .. I hope to see Jack start with bum-bum Lee n THJ.

I want to watch Frank n Mudiay tandem on the court in a lineup .. then Frank n Burke tandem on the court in a lineup.

It's a shame Hornacek n Rambis are CLUELESS coaches on putting Kanter n KO in a lineup together .. then putting Noah n KO in a lineup together so Kornet and Hicks could watch from the bench to see how their talent would fit in a lineup besides Kanter or KO or Noah.

mafra

Legend

I don?t love Mudiay, I just think he?s much better PG than anything we currently have on the roster.

I?m not saying NY is gonna to be the impetus that helps him turn his career around, it?s more that he?s walking into an ideal situation (if there was ever gonna be an environment that gets the talent out of Mudiay).

I think with Burke, Mudiay, and Knits.... there best b-ball is ahead of them.... their stories aren?t written yet. Sure, odds are stacked against the Burke and Mudiay types... dime a dozen types... but they were elite prospects for a reason.... talent is there... will it be nourished and allowed to shine?

Tough call....! I doubt they become anything more than serviceable options.... but, no matter what we?ve seen so far in their careers.... they should be afforded time to
blossom.

Mudiay is what? 21? How old is Burke? These cats, traditionally, would still be getting experience in the college ranks.