Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers 7:00 2/12/2018 [Game #57]

Exactly what every championship team is looking for. A PG who produces 0 points.

+\- is misleading bc it doesn?t factor in who you?re playing with and against.

I have been posting all season that our plus/minus stats have been better with Ntilikina. The plus/minus stats have been misleading all season? A player who disrupts the other team?s offense on almost every play doesn?t affect your bottom line? Hornacek just needs to play Mudiay as the PG and Ntilikina off the ball on offense. This isn?t hard.

mafra

Legend
I have been posting all season that our plus/minus stats have been better with Ntilikina. The plus/minus stats have been misleading all season? A player who disrupts the other team?s offense on almost every play doesn?t affect your bottom line? Hornacek just needs to play Mudiay as the PG and Ntilikina off the ball on offense. This isn?t hard.

So, if Jack has a minus rating bc he?s battling the other team?s starting PG, I?m supposed to get excited bc Knits has a positive plus-minus versus the other team?s second string PG?

And, to be honest, Knits ain?t exactly a stopper. Sure, he?s pesky and has will to defend... but the backup PG for PHI is outplaying Knits tonight, despite what +/- says.

Look at league.... 3 and D types are SG/SF wings.... not the PG.... the point guard is QB of offense.

The problem playing Knits as a SG is his value is if he?s a PG. It?s like getting offense from your shortstop versus a corner spot. Knits won?t last long in the NBA if he?s just a SG....

Kiyaman

Legend
They?re pretty even if you?re looking at their advanced defensive metrics for the season. TJ obviously better offensive player right now.

If Hornacek didnt write any offensive plays for his starting PG Jack in 50 plus games .....

So, if Jack has a minus rating bc he?s battling the other team?s starting PG, I?m supposed to get excited bc Knits has a positive plus-minus versus the other team?s second string PG?

And, to be honest, Knits ain?t exactly a stopper. Sure, he?s pesky and has will to defend... but the backup PG for PHI is outplaying Knits tonight, despite what +/- says.

Look at league.... 3 and D types are SG/SF wings.... not the PG.... the point guard is QB of offense.

The problem playing Knits as a SG is his value is if he?s a PG. It?s like getting offense from your shortstop versus a corner spot. Knits won?t last long in the NBA if he?s just a SG....

Sometimes I read the things you guys post and wonder if you guys don?t understand why we couldn?t win during the Melo era. Knicks fans will take this idea that Ntilikina has to be a PG to their grave.

Also, your comments on plus/minus are nuts. One guy has a better plus/minus than the entire rest of the team. If it is because he is playing against a backup how come there aren?t at least 2 or 3 other guys with the same better plus/minus?

tiger0330

Legend
Another to by Nits. You can't play a guy heavy minutes if he plays like this. That dream lineup of Mudiay, Nits and THJ is not going to last long when Horn puts it in after the ASG.

Another to by Nits. You can't play a guy heavy minutes if he plays like this. That dream lineup of Mudiay, Nits and THJ is not going to last long when Horn puts it in after the ASG.

What other lineup can we put together that is any better? This team stinks. At least play the young guys, the veterans are getting killed out there too.

Kiyaman

Legend

I been saying it all season "Hornacek supposed to been playing the 19 yr old Frank in a lineup with a vet PG" .. Mavs coach Calisle has played Dennis Smith alongside of all the PG on the Mavs .. the Jazz made a great tandem in their backcourt playing Rubio n Mitchell in the same lineup

mafra

Legend
Sometimes I read the things you guys post and wonder if you guys don?t understand why we couldn?t win during the Melo era. Knicks fans will take this idea that Ntilikina has to be a PG to their grave.

Huh? Sometimes I wonder why people twist posts and retort to something that?s totally out of context. Don?t bring preconceived biases to your respnoses.

All I said was it?s disappointing to see Knits has a 0-0-0-0 like with 3 turnovers (while his counterpart, backup for PHI has an 8-8-11-5 line).... this isn?t a sweeping indictment on the player, his style of play, or his future stock.

I don?t need to hear about +/-.... it means nothing.... what knits does versus other team?s backups measures what Jack does against starters doesn?t tell me much.

I don?t want to hear about ?what you thogonna guy all season about Knits.?

It?s almost like any discussion morphs into 1/3 conversations: KP isn?t a franchise player, Knits was a good selection, or Melo sucks.

I get that Frank plays some defense. He?s not a stopper.... he?s not impacting many games solely with his defense.... how many steals does he get a game? Is this leading to easy, fastbreak offense?

Anyway.... I?m tired hyping him up or commenting on his flaws. We shall see what future holds. I?m just commenting on fact tha tonight.... Knits did little to help his team win. That?s it. McConnel at him for lunch.

Now, if you want to point t a bunch of defensive possessions that Knits impacted the game.... by all means... feel free to post.

I don?t want to be told in a passive-aggressive way why we didn?t win with melo. That answer is easy (we traded for Bargnani instead of Lowry, when TOR begged us to take Kyle).

mafra

Legend
I been saying it all season "Hornacek supposed to been playing the 19 yr old Frank in a lineup with a vet PG" .. Mavs coach Calisle has played Dennis Smith alongside of all the PG on the Mavs .. the Jazz made a great tandem in their backcourt playing Rubio n Mitchell in the same lineup

I agree with that. Knits isn?t a PG right now. That?s OK bc PG tough to learn in NBA. Playing him with Mudiay is ideal. Let him
Get accustomed to NBA game and hope for the best.... plenty of time for the light to flick on.

Still, to play 20 minutes and not to have an assist or take 2 shots? Skills can be honed and developed but this be the man you?re either born with type-A personality or you aren?t. Not sure he can learn to b come aggressive.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 13
Huh? Sometimes I wonder why people twist posts and retort to something that?s totally out of context. Don?t bring preconceived biases to your respnoses.

All I said was it?s disappointing to see Knits has a 0-0-0-0 like with 3 turnovers (while his counterpart, backup for PHI has an 8-8-11-5 line).... this isn?t a sweeping indictment on the player, his style of play, or his future stock.

I don?t need to hear about +/-.... it means nothing.... what knits does versus other team?s backups measures what Jack does against starters doesn?t tell me much.

I don?t want to hear about ?what you thogonna guy all season about Knits.?

It?s almost like any discussion morphs into 1/3 conversations: KP isn?t a franchise player, Knits was a good selection, or Melo sucks.

I get that Frank plays some defense. He?s not a stopper.... he?s not impacting many games solely with his defense.... how many steals does he get a game? Is this leading to easy, fastbreak offense?

Anyway.... I?m tired hyping him up or commenting on his flaws. We shall see what future holds. I?m just commenting on fact tha tonight.... Knits did little to help his team win. That?s it. McConnel at him for lunch.

Now, if you want to point t a bunch of defensive possessions that Knits impacted the game.... by all means... feel free to post.

I don?t want to be told in a passive-aggressive way why we didn?t win with melo. That answer is easy (we traded for Bargnani instead of Lowry, when TOR begged us to take Kyle).

Plus/minus means everything.

NTILIKINA WAS THE ONLY KNICK WITH A POSITIVE PLUS/MINUS TONIGHT THAT PLAYED MORE THAN 20 MINUTES EVEN THOUGH HE WAS PATHETIC AGAIN ON OFFENSE.

MUDIAY WAS -18 IN 19 MINUTES.

NTILIKINA WAS THE ONLY KNICK TO POSITIVELY AFFECT OUR BOTTOM LINE IN MEANINGFUL MINUTES. HE DID IT WITH DEFENSE, SOMETHING KNICKS FANS CAN?T RECOGNIZE.

I can?t do this for another 25 games. This fan base deserves Hornacek, the league?s worst coach.

Kiyaman

Legend

What plays have u seen Frank Nitty run for Hornacek?
The Knicks has been playing a one on one isolation b.ball offense all season.
Its called TANKING!!!