Game thread: New York Knicks vs Dallas Mavericks 7:30 3/13/2018 [Game #68]

Broadway

All Star
He's a big kid, athletic and is shooting 60% from 3 for them. You would think he's got all the things the Knicks could use. Lets see if Cuban signs him, Beas beat him out of a job here in NY.

Yeah probably so although we ended up signing Troy, so it leaves you wondering sometimes. The Troy signing suggest there were minutes for him. Quite honestly I don't think Dougie got a fair shake but oh well I guess.

I bet the second that the Mavs opened this double digit lead in the 3rd quarter that Cuban picked up the phone to remind his guys about tanking.

tiger0330

Legend
Nits can not finish blowing a layup going coast to coast. Also, I was watching Calderon in a Cavs game and thought he's got a better motor than Nits despite being 15 yrs older. 19 yr old should be an Energizer Bunny, can't dispute DM'S motor though.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks cut the lead to 4 but the Mavs took charge again and now lead 108-96 a min left. I said we may not win another game this season and not beating a Mavs team w/o Matthews makes that possible.

This team stinks.

We now have the 8th most losses in the NBA and we have 5 less losses than the team with the most losses with 14 games to play.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 17

tiger0330

Legend
This team stinks.

We now have the 8th most losses in the NBA and we have 5 less losses than the team with the most losses with 14 games to play.
The worse the better. We need to pick a better guy than Ntilikina this draft. Pretty sure Perry is going to make a play on Hezonja this off-season if he doesn't break the bank.

Broadway

All Star
This team stinks.

This team is downright awful, there's almost nothing I like about it except the fact we're getting younger

Kiyaman

Legend
I missed game .....
Adam Silver's are going to do something terrible to the Knicks organization bout this TANKING at the end of the season .. I see it coming.
Then again .. if the Mavs would have loss this game Cuban would've received another Fine for tanking lol

Nice move by Knicks for resigning Troy to next season .. it would be nice to see Troy Burke Knits Dotson and our draft pick in the off-season mixing-well on Knicks Summer League team in Vegas

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
It is really really tiring to lost every bit of hope before the middle of the season, then we start to get our hopes high again with the summer league and so on and so on........... through these years other teams are playing competing, getting excited and everything........ when this vicious circle will end......

pat

Starter
when this vicious circle will end......
As I have been saying for years: Once Dolan is willing to part with the team. He doesn't know how to hire the right people, he is not good at being a hands-on owner, yet he cannot refrain from being one.
Nothing will change in the foreseeable future unless by some miracle the NBA takes the team away from him or he finds a new hobby. But even then he would have to find the right people in whose hands he could put the team. Not gonna happen.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I don?t why you guys even bother watching the Knicks. I watched St Boneventure beat UCLA night and it was awesome. It?s tourney time baby!!!! Stop wasting your time supporting Dolan?s sorry ass G-league squad he put together.

paris401

Starter
As I have been saying for years: Once Dolan is willing to part with the team. He doesn't know how to hire the right people, he is not good at being a hands-on owner, yet he cannot refrain from being one.

what is your source that dolan's being 'hands-on'???? during the pjax era he said its phil's in charge, and don't hear any of the beat writers saying he is interferring now...so who's claiming differently???

mafra

Legend
Yesterday after practice, Courtney Lee said this:

?When you watch film, it?s just all effort. Effort is the key to everything. It takes no talent to run from the paint out to contest a 3-point shot, that?s just all effort. We have to get everybody?s effort. Everybody?s got to be locked in...It?s definitely frustrating...We?re making mistakes on our basic rotations that we?ve been doing all year. We?re still making those same mistakes. That?s the frustrating part...You should be mad at yourself if you watch film and your teammates are calling you out. You should not want to let them down, and if you?re seeing that it?s you repeatedly then you need to [adjust]. If you don?t make that adjustment, that?s just telling us you don?t care.?

mafra

Legend
1-16 last 17 games. Man, KP must?ve been better than even we fans thought... just to have this team above .500 now seems impossible even for Lebron.

mafra

Legend
Last night?s game is a perfect example of why +\- means nothing to me. DSJ lead everybody with a + 18. He took 19 shots to score 17 points and had as many turnovers as he did rebounds or assists.

Meanwhile, Trey Burke finally checked in with 3:00 left in the 3rd. 16 points in 15 minutes. TB was a -1.

Kiyaman

Legend
what is your source that dolan's being 'hands-on'???? during the pjax era he said its phil's in charge, and don't hear any of the beat writers saying he is interferring now...so who's claiming differently???

The source were as clear as the clouds in the sky .. four months after the hiring of Phil Jackson .. Dolan resign Melo to a $124M NTC contract. Phil was looking for Melo to take a huge pay cut at the time.
The Derek Rose trade was all Dolan's doing .. the previous offseason Phil signed Robin Lopez as our starter center plus traded Mr. TANK Tim Hardaway Jr to the Hawks for their Draft pick of a defensive PG-Grant. After one season as a Knicks Lopez n Grant were traded by owner Dolan for a very expensive one yr contract scorer Derek Rose. Dolan didn't like the idea of Phil trading Mr. Tank Tim Hardaway jr .. Dolan personally made out Tim Hardaway Jr new $71M contract .. The Dolan' s Knicks episode has not changed for 2 decades .. Pat Riley' s every word bout Knicks organization were true when he quit after taking the Knicks to the FINALS.

The Knicks has won 1 game out of the previous 17 games .. if that's not Management-Tanking or in-house tanking ....
Didn't we have a season like this last season?
Frank Nit knows all the reason why KP refuse to go to the Knicks final season meeting last year.

The Knicks are Tanking for a early draft pick for a system-less Knicks team having such a poor 30 win season coaching staff the past 3 to 4 seasons