Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Charlotte Hornets 7:00 3/26/2018 [Game #75]

Broadway

All Star
No fun watching the Knicks tank
, looks like we lost htr10 for the rest of the season that's what happens to your fandom when you're out of the playoffs even your diehard fans don't care anymore.

Not when the team isn't even "tanking" right as was stated Hornacek isn't trying to tank and Kanter recently commented on the team going out there trying to win games. But let me ask you and Chief do you think the Hornets and Pistons are relevant to their fan base right now as they clearly have tried to win games down the stretch. You think their fans are packing the arena in droves over these 73 and 74gm wins?

I mean the Pistons even traded for a Top 20 player at the deadline to show love to their fan base(which if you're going for it second half of season, this is what you do but how has that turned out for them?) They both are mathematically alive I bet their fans are just going bonkers right now 5gms back with 8 left to play

Had we lost those 3 recent gms we'd be in a 3-way tie for 7th and within 2gms of a Top 5 pick. The fan base would be buzzin Hornets style if so but we sure had to show Hornets/Wizards/Bulls we meant business and don't mess with us or we'll show you

Htr10 isn't around because we're not going to the playoffs and we're not developing our players properly it's not because we're tanking. Actually if we were tanking for real he'd probably post more

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Hey why not hang around and see if we prove the HATING ARSE ESPN wrong for stating we'd win 32gms this yr? If we win 6 more gms we could stick it to them for being wrong. At least this is something to go hard to close the season...since we always silver line everything.

Come on guys let's get our posting up we can make a little history here against BSPN

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I think this is one of the best games this season, it is really fun to see players competing and playing hard... Burke and Nits were great, Beas was unstopable, he dunked on the hornets many times with no effort..... I hope we will have a good team next season with Burke and Nits.....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Hey why not hang around and see if we prove the HATING ARSE ESPN wrong for stating we'd win 32gms this yr? If we win 6 more gms we could stick it to them for being wrong. At least this is something to go hard to close the season...since we always silver line everything.

Come on guys let's get our posting up we can make a little history here against BSPN

As predicted:)

Kiyaman

Legend
I think this is one of the best games this season, it is really fun to see players competing and playing hard... Burke and Nits were great, Beas was unstopable, he dunked on the hornets many times with no effort..... I hope we will have a good team next season with Burke and Nits.....

For some reason early in the season I put the D.Howard-Hornets above the Drummond-Pistons to have a .500 season plus make the playoffs .. Embiid dominated both centers.

Well, the Knicks players took the game to overtime .. we have to give the players some slack they did put forth 48 minutes of effort without any help from the Knicks coaching staff.

Trey Burke prove to be a keeper for next season in this game scoring 42 pts n 12 dimes in 41 minutes.
Getting the right headcoach next season to lift the young core players performance to go on a few consistent winning streaks could help the Knicks organization gain some NBA pride

mafra

Legend
I still don?t know how people can claim NY is tanking? B/C Jack doesn?t play, a camp body who made the team bc we had no PG?

KP got hurt and this team just doesn?t have talent... they play everybody... nobody sits with mystery ailments.... just bc some fans see the gain in each defeat, that doesn?t qualify an org as a ?tanker.?

Even last night, Lee and Beasley and Kanter and THjr all played...

So, the bottom line is people are sick of the perpetual losing, but have nobody else to blame? I don?t know... I don?t get it.

Tank means to have an org philosophy where you chase defeat, and rest healthy players... scratch vets... all that and whatnot.

NY seems to be fighting every game... playing everybody... they just stink, especially with KP out.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I still don?t know how people can claim NY is tanking? B/C Jack doesn?t play, a camp body who made the team bc we had no PG?

KP got hurt and this team just doesn?t have talent... they play everybody... nobody sits with mystery ailments.... just bc some fans see the gain in each defeat, that doesn?t qualify an org as a ?tanker.?

So, the bottom line is people are sick of the perpetual losing, but have nobody else to blame? I don?t know... I don?t get it.

Tank means to have an org philosophy where you chase defeat, and rest healthy players... scratch vets... all that and whatnot.

NY seems to be fighting every game... playing everybody... they just stink, especially with KP out.

Bingo. So the Knicks don?t even ?tank? right as Broadway stated above. This team reeks of Fail-Jackson. Build your team around a fragile youngster(KP),Noah(DNP), Timjr(overpaid),CLEE(can?t comb his hair), top it off with a bad coach and blow your lottery pick on a Euro-project and stir. And do this all while telling your fanbase this is a playoff team during the summer to sell season tix. Brilliant. Or incredibly stupid.

mafra

Legend
Can?t argue with you... Dolan and MSG print their own money. Knicks are one of the most profitable franchises in th NBA... the only good news is the shift away from cable companies might hurt Dolan?s bottom line to the point he?s motivated to sell...

But, the one common denominator, after 2 decades of mismanagement, is the owner... and... as long as Dolan owns the Knicks... we have no chance to win. He creates such a toxic and paranoid atmosphere that it?s simply not conducive to establishing any sort of culture....

Woodson was the only coach to really manage any sort of success. HOF coaches like Brown and Jax came here to watch their careers die.

Sad fact is... no matter how much we demand change... we are stuck either hoping for lottery gold or praying that Dolan sells.

Kiyaman

Legend

The Knicks started the season TANKING !!!
Or the head coach is a BUM !!!

The so-call development of the young core players after the all-star break was a lie to keep up the foolish substituting to keep playing LOSERS-ball at the end of each game.

mafra

Legend
Well, the case can be made that management has done little to upgrade the roster... when was the last significant piece added at the trade deadline? Heck, we can?t even get A-type free agents to meet with us anymore.

So, in this sense, sure... Knicks could be accused of trying to steer ship towards the choppy tank waters.

Broadway

All Star
Well, the case can be made that management has done little to upgrade the roster... when was the last significant piece added at the trade deadline? Heck, we can’t even get A-type free agents to meet with us anymore.

So, in this sense, sure... Knicks could be accused of trying to steer ship towards the choppy tank waters.

We never finish the job of sinking the ship, NEVER...even when we're on course to have the greatest wreck in history. We always manage to miss that one major rock/glacier that could take us out completely

It just pisses me off to no end that the Nets play the Bulls two more times that even if the Nets beat them twice we won't have a chance to catch either team even if we lose 2gms over the same span. Such criminal activity by this franchise on top of the fact we're highly likely to fire the coach at season's end...yet some fans are happy when we win.

Like it makes literally no sense...Hornacek could/may salvage his job with wins so on this strength alone shouldn't fans want all the losses to seal his fate? I mean rooting for or against we accomplish nothing on a msg brd as all things are decided on the court but I'm so at a loss how we perfect these types of outcomes every yr.

mafra

Legend
And if you see latest mock drafts, a talent like Porter Jr may fall to the 6-8 range...

Knicks just fortunate that Porter, Bridges, Young, Sexton are the block of prospects expected to be in play at 9...

Broadway

All Star
And if you see latest mock drafts, a talent like Porter Jr may fall to the 6-8 range...

Knicks just fortunate that Porter, Bridges, Young, Sexton are the block of prospects expected to be in play at 9...

Porter scares me based on what I saw from him during the tournament and back issue. Sexton is a talent but drafting him or even a guy like Trae complicates our situation. We need to be higher to get a better since of what player fills need and fit and not well who are we left with to pick. Keep in mind last yr's draft was deep and we knew a talent would fall and yet what did we do?

Heck Khyri Thomas could be the Donovan Mitchell of this draft but will we see it at 9(if we stay there)?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Porter scares me based on what I saw from him during the tournament and back issue. Sexton is a talent but drafting him or even a guy like Trae complicates our situation. We need to be higher to get a better since of what player fills need and fit and not well who are we left with to pick. Keep in mind last yr's draft was deep and we knew a talent would fall and yet what did we do?

Heck Khyri Thomas could be the Donovan Mitchell of this draft but will we see it at 9(if we stay there)?

Mikejr said he was %67 during the tourney but I would hate to see him in a Knicks uniform only to disappoint me twice back issues are a scary gamble

tiger0330

Legend
Mikejr said he was %67 during the tourney but I would hate to see him in a Knicks uniform only to disappoint me twice back issues are a scary gamble
Should have stayed in school. If he's there when the Knicks pick I think you have to take him if he's cleared medically.