Game thread: New York Knicks @ Milwaukee Bucks 8:00 10/22/2018 [Game #4]

Kiyaman

Legend
We got our first lead in the game 3 minute in the 4th Qtr. on offensive rebound by Vonyeh for 2 points 95 - 94 Knicks

mafra

Legend
First 2 minutes of the 4th:

Refs blow whistle in Mario on the block vs Ante (Ticky-tak call).

Ref swallows whistle when Mario drives (there was contact).

Ref blows whistle in mario on a tick-tak reach-in.

Ref calls Mario for traveling, when Mario was pushed in back (ergo, the violation).

Ante barrels into Mario, Herzy goes down.... Ante layup. Play-on.

Ante barrels through Vonleh, for the dunk. Play on.

Vonleh gets blocked. Goaltending called. A foul was also called. So they somehow void the goaltending. 2 FT shots.

Like I said before, sport is almost unwatchable.

Kiyaman

Legend
Is it me or in the past 3 games .. Vonleh has been taking all of LT playing time in the 2nd half of the games ???

mafra

Legend
Yeah the choke looked bad .. butt .. Burke did out-played Kyrie in their first show-down this season

We witnessed it with Irving. And See it again tonight with Freak... teams will ?rest? their stars vs us all season.

Why expend energy when they feel they can beat us with their stars playing at half speed. Just do enough to secure the victory and save the energy for another game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Middleton (7-8) shooting from the 3-ball line killed us tonight plus hitting 2 3's in crunch time sealed the game for the Bucks ....

Although, i didnt like all of Fizdale lineups tonight .. I have to admit all the Knick lineups tonight played very well together on both sides of the court .. Great Knicks Game !!!

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 21

tiger0330

Legend
Middleton (7-8) shooting from the 3-ball line killed us tonight plus hitting 2 3's in crunch time sealed the game for the Bucks ....

Although, i didnt like all of Fizdale lineups tonight .. I have to admit all the Knick lineups tonight played very well together on both sides of the court .. Great Knicks Game !!!
Fiz is still tinkering and getting a feel for is guys. I'd expect he'll solidify his lineup soon, LT and Knits go to the bench I think.

Kiyaman

Legend
Fiz is still tinkering and getting a feel for is guys. I'd expect he'll solidify his lineup soon, LT and Knits go to the bench I think.

Fiz tinkering during crunch time minutes in the last 3 games showed he had no PLANS on winning any of those games.
Dotson has been playing well off the bench, but not well enough to be in the lineup with 5 minute remaining in the game.
Tonight our crunch-time lineup should have been ..
Kanter/Vonleh/Mario/THJ/Frank -vs- Lopez/Giannis/Middleton/Brogdon/Bledsoe

mafra

Legend
I like how this team competes... and they are young... but the bottom line is this team has no stars and just isn?t good enough.

There?s really not much to take from these games b/c (1) all professional athletes will give 110% the first part of a given season. (2) teams don?t respect our talent so we are getting teams who are taking the night off.

Let?s see if Fiz has them competing when their record is 9-33.

We just lost 3 straight close games. You would figure by accident the opponent would miss a few shots or we would make enough plays to win. But we didn?t...

This tells me, the other team is running on idle and when game hangs in the balance... they show up. And, we just don?t have enough talent.

So, while it?s fun watching this group, and I appreciate the fact they make these games competitive... there?s really not much to make of this team and it?s future.

This is exactly why every fan should be on team tank. Each loss gets this roster closer to escaping this 2 decade hole they?ve been stuck in.

Free agents aren?t coming to the rescue.... reclamation projects aren?t morphing into All Stars... we need a top 5 pick, and then KP-Knox-Knits will have some help and then, and only then, will we finally be able to watch a team capable of winning 45 games and reaching the playoffs.

mafra

Legend
Knits played 35 minutes, and I think he took 1 shot after the first quarter. I gotta blame Fiz there. Tell the kid to shoot or bench him.

Broadway

All Star

Fitz is rapidly on the watch with me. The only thing saving him at the moment we play hard and have fluidity to how we play but I do not like AT ALL how he's managing minutes and he clearly favors THJR/Burke/Kanter as I knew he would. We can talk until we're blue in the face how they're the better players but we need to be CONSISTENTLY DEVELOPING talent. We had preseason to sort many things out when it comes to minutes. He's not doing what he said he would do before the season started

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I didn’t bother to watch when we all already know the outcome:( like Mafra said why torture yourself. I’m on team tank this season but the flip side to that is a bust like Knits in the lottery. He supposed to be an A-1 defender, but Giannis and Middleton drop 30 apiece. Knits doesn’t even try to score so he’s a liability on both ends of the floor. So you tank an 82 game season, but set your franchise back 5 years when you blow the lottery pick. So you stay in the NBA purgatory forever. Our last 3 lottery picks: injured(KP6),sucks(Frank), and injured again(Knox). And for you “player development” guys, I keep trying to tell you NBA coaches teach concepts, not basics. You are supposed to have a professional type game on arrival. Oh well how many games are left????

tiger0330

Legend
Nits has no feel for the game. Why is Fiz starting a 2nd banana type? One play last night, Trey and him were on the left side of the floor about 4 ft apart and Trey passes him the ball, presumably to make a play because there was no defensive pressure for Nits to be the outlet. So what does Nits do, hands it back to Trey for him to make a play. Getting tired of seeing him pass the ball off at the top then running into the corner to take a 3 pt shot. He's been doing that his whole Knicks career.

And his rep or being a defensive stud is overrated, when have you ever seen him steal a pass and then take it all the way to slam it home on the other end? I guess he's a smart defender, not biting on pump fakes and he's diligent about his defensive assignment but he lacks the raw athletic ability to be a great defender imo.

Broadway

All Star
Nits has no feel for the game. Why is Fiz starting a 2nd banana type? One play last night, Trey and him were on the left side of the floor about 4 ft apart and Trey passes him the ball, presumably to make a play because there was no defensive pressure for Nits to be the outlet. So what does Nits do, hands it back to Trey for him to make a play. Getting tired of seeing him pass the ball off at the top then running into the corner to take a 3 pt shot. He's been doing that his whole Knicks career.

And his rep or being a defensive stud is overrated, when have you ever seen him steal a pass and then take it all the way to slam it home on the other end? I guess he's a smart defender, not biting on pump fakes and he's diligent about his defensive assignment but he lacks the raw athletic ability to be a great defender imo.

It's really been the case since stepping into this organization Day 1. I think he had a good couple weeks his first 2-3weeks of the regular season last yr and then went back to being slightly above mid to average defender the rest of the way. I knew it was blown way out of proportion when Tyus Jones lit his arse up in Minny. His average defense isn't what bothers me, it's the fact he doesn't have a defined position and he hasn't improved as a "point guard". Can he make some plays in the PNR-Yes, Can he playmake for teammates in small spurts during a game-Yes...but that's not saying much for a Top 10 lottery pick

All those silly videos during the summer of him working on spin moves and turn around jumpers on middle school gym teachers was never my fancy!

Fizdale better start giving consistent minutes every game to players needing development. Stop playing guys like Hezonja 10min one night and then 30 the next. Dotson no minutes in consecutive games then becoming the top 3/4 in minutes on the team over the next consecutive games. Baker 27min, to 18min, to 12min, to 1min. Stop playing THJR 35min/gm for the love of basketball, please stop!

Listen he should know how many minutes he wants to play each player every game...now who plays with who may be a little tricky subs and whatnot but it's clear to me he has no idea who to play and he's coaching by feel which I hate with a passion.

Last edited: