Game thread: New York Knicks vs Golden State Warriors 7:30 10/26/2018 [Game #6]

When Kevin Durant decides it?s time to turn it on, there aren?t many teams that can stop him. Absolutely has taken over this game in the 4th and this might end up turning into a blowout in the final few minutes.

tiger0330

Legend
Fiz still tinkering. Finally puts Nits back in the game with 5 mins left. It was just 91-91 and now the Dubs opened up a 16 pt lead. Durant is unstoppable.

tiger0330

Legend
Usually the Dubs destroy us in the 3rd qtr but today waited until there was 8 mins left in the game to destroy us. 47-16 4th qtr after being 91-91 in the 4th. Nits with a career high of 17, this BC of Dotson, Nits and THJ deserves more of a look.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 18

Kiyaman

Legend
Usually the Dubs destroy us in the 3rd qtr but today waited until there was 8 mins left in the game to destroy us. 47-16 4th qtr after being 91-91 in the 4th. Nits with a career high of 17, this BC of Dotson, Nits and THJ deserves more of a look.

Thanks for the Game Stat Sheet Tiger .. Durant scoring 25 pts in the 4th quarter were Outstanding B.ball .. if Iso-Melo could have done that in his 6 seasons as a Knick i would have gave him some PROPS!
The Warriors 4th quarter performance showed us Knick fans how much of a terrible head coach we have in Fizdale.
Fizdale is not the coach we want to have in a playoff series, his 2nd half and 4th quarter coaching are the pits !!!

How did we like my favorite draft pick MitchRob performance? I wish we had the right coaching staff to develop MitchRob raw talents inside the paint the guy is leaking with athletic potential.

pat

Starter
The Warriors 4th quarter performance showed us Knick fans how much of a terrible head coach we have in Fizdale.
Fizdale is not the coach we want to have in a playoff series, his 2nd half and 4th quarter coaching are the pits !!!

Why would you think fourth quarter coaching is a priority in a tank job? It is not losing on purpose, but shrewd plays to grind out wins is not on the agenda right now. Look at Fiz' performance in Memphis he can do that.

mafra

Legend
Fiz was obviously worried we might sneak out a win... He stuck with LT, Kanter, Trier until there was no doubt we would lose.

When you run out LT, Kanter, Mario, Burke and Trieryou are begging opponent to run with it.

Kanter is a leader and a double-double machine but he?s awful at all the little things you need to win games... he can rebound and score in the post but he?s not a winning player.

LT shouldn?t be on an nBa roster right now...

Mario won?t be here next year and I?m tired of watching him already...

Trier and Burke have a future here so I can live with their growing pains...

And the only one who could stop Knits tonight was Fiz. He banished Knits and Dotson to the bench bc he was scared they would win it. Those 2 outplayed GSW backcourt! Then they sat until GSW had gone in a 24-3 run or something...

GSW TV Announcer, ?This is about the ugliest third quarter you?ll ever see this team play.?

Don?t hear that often when a team plays the Knicks.

First of all, credit this team for doing its best recruiting pitch to KD and Klay. Hey, if this team can compete against that team, without KP and Knox... well, just imagine... and to do it in MSG... on a Friday Night.

Secondly, write down this starting lineup in pen. Loved it. Let this unit grow together all season.

Knits with the best offensive game of his career... where did this come from?

Finally, I really hope some team buys into this fool?s gold that?s timmy, and trades for him
At the deadline... 21 shots to score 24 points! I thought we dumped Melo.?

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the Game Stat Sheet Tiger .. Durant scoring 25 pts in the 4th quarter were Outstanding B.ball .. if Iso-Melo could have done that in his 6 seasons as a Knick i would have gave him some PROPS!

How did we like my favorite draft pick MitchRob performance? I wish we had the right coaching staff to develop MitchRob raw talents inside the paint the guy is leaking with athletic potential.
He's not coaching to win like most NBA coaches have to. Perry and Mills have given him an early season pass on winning games. Come December he better have figured out what his rotations are and start playing winning bball otherwise the honeymoon will be over in NY. We'll be reading in the NY papers that he was overrated and MEM did the right thing in firing him. He might not actually win any games with this team but if he can develop Nits, DD, KK, MRob and Trier into solid 30 mpg players like guys like McGruder, Richardson, TJ, DW are for Miami he can prove his value as a coach.

Kiyaman

Legend
He's not coaching to win like most NBA coaches have to. Perry and Mills have given him an early season pass on winning games. Come December he better have figured out what his rotations are and start playing winning bball otherwise the honeymoon will be over in NY. We'll be reading in the NY papers that he was overrated and MEM did the right thing in firing him. He might not actually win any games with this team but if he can develop Nits, DD, KK, MRob and Trier into solid 30 mpg players like guys like McGruder, Richardson, TJ, DW are for Miami he can prove his value as a coach.

After the Knicks 6 game of the season .. i see many reason why the Memphis Grizz Fired Fizdale .. in the Knicks poor 2nd half performance in the previous 3 games vs Giannis Bucks, Pat Riley Heats, and the NBA Champs KD 25 pts in the final quarter of the game .. coach Fizdale (like Hornacek) need to be Demoted to one of the assistant coaches on the staff.
I'm sorry to say, Fizdale is not the head coach we really want developing the young-core Knick players ..
It's showing clearly that Fizdale has not spent much time working to get the Knick starter lineup a format on ball-movement to create several offensive plays to form a system where each starter player has a option to score. Having scorers Kanter & Timmy in the starter lineup and not having a well design pick n roll, or well screen play for a open 15 footer, or a boxout play for a alleyoop to Kanter in the post .. there's to many things the lineup should be doing to help each other score and defend that are not happening as a team.
Coach Fiz has our starter lineup depending on 3's and isolation performance to score Knick points in all 6 games this season.
The Knicks bench players are happy to get playing time in any of Fizdale experiment lineup.
The bench players does the same as the starters for points shoot 3's or isolation plays for jump-shots.
The cry for Dotson to be in the starter lineup from shooting 45% from the FG in 6 games are understandable when Timmy has been shooting 40% from the FG in our 6 games.

The tandem guards of Burke & Frank need to be given plenty of playingtime in the backcourt having Knox or Mario as the SF!
Not Timmy at SF, not Dotson at SF, not Trier at SF, and not Lee at SF. The Knicks coach Horn did not give Burke & Frank enough time to develop into a backcourt because we added Mudiay, and coach Fizdale has not let Burke & Frank run the backcourt in any of the 6 games we played in favor of giving Timmy 32+ minute of playing time in each of the 6 games this season.

The Knicks being the youngest team in the NBA, are not a good excuse for their poorly 2nd half performance this season.
The NBA has several other young teams that are performing 10 times better than the Knicks by performing to their head coach planned system that comes with several set of offensive-plays to score plus certain young teams been improving on defensive stops.
The young Sacramento Kings last 3 games (2-1)
The young LA Lakers last 3 games (2-1)
The young Hornets and Mavs may be (1-2) in their last 3 games, their losses were close games.

tiger0330

Legend
After the Knicks 6 game of the season .. i see many reason why the Memphis Grizz Fired Fizdale .. in the Knicks poor 2nd half performance in the previous 3 games vs Giannis Bucks, Pat Riley Heats, and the NBA Champs KD 25 pts in the final quarter of the game .. coach Fizdale (like Hornacek) need to be Demoted to one of the assistant coaches on the staff.
I'm sorry to say, Fizdale is not the head coach we really want developing the young-core Knick players ..
It's showing clearly that Fizdale has not spent much time working to get the Knick starter lineup a format on ball-movement to create several offensive plays to form a system where each starter player has a option to score. Having scorers Kanter & Timmy in the starter lineup and not having a well design pick n roll, or well screen play for a open 15 footer, or a boxout play for a alleyoop to Kanter in the post .. there's to many things the lineup should be doing to help each other score and defend that are not happening as a team.
Coach Fiz has our starter lineup depending on 3's and isolation performance to score Knick points in all 6 games this season.
The Knicks bench players are happy to get playing time in any of Fizdale experiment lineup.
The bench players does the same as the starters for points shoot 3's or isolation plays for jump-shots.
The cry for Dotson to be in the starter lineup from shooting 45% from the FG in 6 games are understandable when Timmy has been shooting 40% from the FG in our 6 games.

The tandem guards of Burke & Frank need to be given plenty of playingtime in the backcourt having Knox or Mario as the SF!
Not Timmy at SF, not Dotson at SF, not Trier at SF, and not Lee at SF. The Knicks coach Horn did not give Burke & Frank enough time to develop into a backcourt because we added Mudiay, and coach Fizdale has not let Burke & Frank run the backcourt in any of the 6 games we played in favor of giving Timmy 32+ minute of playing time in each of the 6 games this season.

The Knicks being the youngest team in the NBA, are not a good excuse for their poorly 2nd half performance this season.
The NBA has several other young teams that are performing 10 times better than the Knicks by performing to their head coach planned system that comes with several set of offensive-plays to score plus certain young teams been improving on defensive stops.
The young Sacramento Kings last 3 games (2-1)
The young LA Lakers last 3 games (2-1)
The young Hornets and Mavs may be (1-2) in their last 3 games, their losses were close games.
I have to agree so far not the greatest X's and O's coach, ISO Timmy is his game plan so far. Looks like we'll get at least a 5 game look at the latest lineup of Frank and Dotson in the backcourt and MRob at the 5. Kanter was resigned about the change but he couldn't have been happy given his double double performances in the early going. Mudiay should be back and I'm waiting for Fiz to make good on his "We're going to get you right" promise to him.

mafra

Legend
I?m really hoping Fiz is featuring Timmy, only bc we want to inflate his numbers so a team will make a deal for him come trade deadline.

We need to clear the books of LT, Timmy and Lee, so we can pursue a max (KD, KL) and have a shot at a Kemba type.

I think we feel confident with Knits and Dotson as part of our 4-5 guard collection moving forward.

I?m really hoping Fiz is featuring Timmy, only bc we want to inflate his numbers so a team will make a deal for him come trade deadline.

We need to clear the books of LT, Timmy and Lee, so we can pursue a max (KD, KL) and have a shot at a Kemba type.

I think we feel confident with Knits and Dotson as part of our 4-5 guard collection moving forward.

LT stinks, Lee is hurt with an indefinite mystery injury, and THJ is overpaid, even if he averages 20+ PPG. Unless Mills and Perry are going to package picks, which they said that they are not going to do, I feel making trades to clear salary off the books is mission impossible. In context of this, stretching Noah now seems insane.

Broadway

All Star
LT stinks, Lee is hurt with an indefinite mystery injury, and THJ is overpaid, even if he averages 20+ PPG. Unless Mills and Perry are going to package picks, which they said that they are not going to do, I feel making trades to clear salary off the books is mission impossible. In context of this, stretching Noah now seems insane.

We'll be fine there...the amount of cap salary Noah hits us for($6.5mil) is essentially what the cap increase will be fore next yr, so it's like breaking even. I've always loathed the THJR acquisition though, it was unnecessary in many different ways. As you said I could care less how many 20pt games he has on 20-25fga or how many times he shimmies or who his dad was or how much of the people he is in NYC. Get rid of him!