Game thread: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers 8:00 31/10/2018 [Game #8]

Oladipo owned THJ in the 4th, but THJ scored 37 tonight on 10 for 19 shooting. Great game marred by a bad ending.

Post-game interview and Fizdale says that he didn't give MRob 4th quarter minutes because he wanted to match Pacers small ball lineup. Yikes. Pretty bad.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Congrats to sabonis. That's not Frank's assignment tho....

I get that still not a fan. First of all Sabonis played 2 years at Gonzaga and learned to play our game instead of hiding in France like Frank did. Secondly Sabonis was drafted lower than Frank abliet 3 spots but still. Sabonis did what a lottery pick is supposed to do. Frank has never sniffed 30. Y’all threw a party when Frank scoreded 17 the other night. Thirdly, if Frank was the great defender y’all claim he could guard 1-5 with his size and wingspan. Numbers don’t lie. Frank neither scores or defends so he IS a liability on both ends of the floor. But instead of admitting their mistake( no DM, no DSJR) the Knicks are doubling down on their mistake in Trump-fashion and running Frank out there every night instead of burying him on the BENCH next to Baker. Oh well, Knicks tank rolls on. Seems like a decade of this already....

I get that still not a fan. First of all Sabonis played 2 years at Gonzaga and learned to play our game instead of hiding in France like Frank did. Secondly Sabonis was drafted lower than Frank abliet 3 spots but still. Sabonis did what a lottery pick is supposed to do. Frank has never sniffed 30. Y?all threw a party when Frank scoreded 17 the other night. Thirdly, if Frank was the great defender y?all claim he could guard 1-5 with his size and wingspan. Numbers don?t lie. Frank neither scores or defends so he IS a liability on both ends of the floor. But instead of admitting their mistake( no DM, no DSJR) the Knicks are doubling down on their mistake in Trump-fashion and running Frank out there every night instead of burying him on the BENCH next to Baker. Oh well, Knicks tank rolls on. Seems like a decade of this already....

You don?t like Ntilikina. We get it.

jimkcchief88

All Star
It ain’t personal he’s a nice story refugee war torn Africa raised by his mom loving older brother I get all that. But there are plenty kids from the war torn inner US cities streets that can actually play basketball. Choose one of them instead with your lottery pick. If you are old enough to remember the Fredric Weisss debacle then you should wonder why go THAT route again. Lebron called it last year. Pjax screwed us. Rant over.

It ain’t personal he’s a nice story refugee war torn Africa raised by his mom loving older brother I get all that. But there are plenty kids from the war torn inner US cities streets that can actually play basketball. Choose one of them instead with your lottery pick. If you are old enough to remember the Fredric Weisss debacle then you should wonder why go THAT route again. Lebron called it last year. Pjax screwed us. Rant over.

Weis wasn?t even 20 years ago. I assume everyone on here remembers him. It gets old every game to hear about the 2017 draft. It?s done. It happened. PJ and Lebron can go **** each other.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Meanwhile around the NBA our former PG DRose(from the war torn streets of Englewood Southside Chicago)dropped 50 tonight leading the Wolves over Utah:)

Kiyaman

Legend
I get that still not a fan. First of all Sabonis played 2 years at Gonzaga and learned to play our game instead of hiding in France like Frank did. Secondly Sabonis was drafted lower than Frank abliet 3 spots but still. Sabonis did what a lottery pick is supposed to do. Frank has never sniffed 30. Y’all threw a party when Frank scoreded 17 the other night. Thirdly, if Frank was the great defender y’all claim he could guard 1-5 with his size and wingspan. Numbers don’t lie. Frank neither scores or defends so he IS a liability on both ends of the floor. But instead of admitting their mistake( no DM, no DSJR) the Knicks are doubling down on their mistake in Trump-fashion and running Frank out there every night instead of burying him on the BENCH next to Baker. Oh well, Knicks tank rolls on. Seems like a decade of this already....

Wow! that's bad .. u dont see the big difference in the lineup movement when Franks on the court .. it seems u havnt notice our weak area and our strong area having Frank on the court .. Our half-court game needs a lot of work .. our transition ball-movement game has been improving since the change in starters .. I thought the Pacers were gonna grab a 10 point lead on the Knicks starters in the first quarter then stretch the lead each quarter.
The only Knick player in the rotation that bothers me besides LT .. are the Knick player all of our Knick opponents has been setting-up to score on the most throughout each of our 8 games this season ???

mafra

Legend
Fiz is playing for the lottery. He wants these kids to compete and play well and still come away with a top 10 pick. Nothing wrong with that. With KP injured and this draft class it?s the smart move. We can?t rely on free agents.

Why else is Lance Thomas in the game down the stretch chucking up a corner 3 that pretty much handed Indy the win?

With that said, the team played well. Timmy was super efficient for once this season. He got caught betwixt and between on that backbreaking 3 off a rebound... he drifted towards the shooter then tried to get back... too late. His man got the rebound.

But calling out Timmy and Frank is crazy... they played well. Kanter was awful... turnovers, terrible fouls, missed easy shots, his man was perfect and dropped 30 on him. This is why NYK lost.

It was a great night for Knicks. All the kids flashed their talent... they battled a tough, rugged playoff squad... and pocketed a loss for their lottery dreams.

Team has such a bright future. Just enjoy it. Frank is 20 and running the point at MSG against a team that took LeBron to Game 7 five months ago... cut him some
slack.

Kiyaman

Legend
Pacers bench scored 44 pts, 12 ast, 17 rb, plus shot 18-31 fga
Knicks bench scored 33 pts, 5 ast, 16 rb, plus shot 13-32 fga

We are getting close to being a decent performing team.

Why did we put in lance over Mitch in the 4th quarter? (Zion!)
I watched Robinson well on the defense end tonite .. and he was the main reason the Pacers struggled a plus 4 while on the floor. Mitch were a beast tonight on the defensive end .. I'm disappointed he sat on the bench in the fourth .. and Fiz excuse were he wanted to match-up with the Pacers small-ball lineup SMH

We need some defense off the bench .. the 2nd unit were to slow tonight .. Kanter, Burke, Mario need to work more on co-existing as a trio-unit, and (the so-call captain) Lance Thomas needs to be replaced hopefully soon by a healthy rookie Knox.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! rewatching the game .. Timmy Hardaway Jr. actually stood his ground to pick up a charge on the Pacers in the first half .. a first!
The previous game vs the Nets Timmy gave out 8 Dimes .. a first!
It seems coach Fizdale has been improving Timmy's one-dimensional performance.
I dont think Fizdale has a 360 coaching plan to stop all Knick opponents from scoring over poor defender Timmy throughout each game !!!