Game thread: New York Knicks @ Orando Magic 6:00 11/18/2018 [Game #17]

mafra

Legend
I?ve bagged on the guy, but Kanter is having a huge 1st half.

Kanter is so bad on defense that it negates what he does on offense. He?s an elite offensive rebounder and a quality post scorer... but he?s so bad on defense it doesn?t matter... he doesn?t even put his arms up to contest most shots.

tiger0330

Legend
Here's a stat, the guy with the best +/- is Nits +12 but he's played 8 mins with a zero line except for 1RB. Breen saying him and Dotson settled down the defense and made their impact. I saw Lonzo Ball on a D sequence and he was all over the floor being disruptive, if Nits looked like Ball did I could buy his +12 but he didn't.

Broadway

All Star
Kanter is so bad on defense that it negates what he does on offense. He’s an elite offensive rebounder and a quality post scorer... but he’s so bad on defense it doesn’t matter... he doesn’t even put his arms up to contest most shots.

Why not praise him for the one thing he does well...we do for a very select few on this team?

With that being said...Knox/Robinson/Knits/Trier have 3pts total thus far...players that are heavily fawned over

Kiyaman

Legend
If he could have gotten more money from another team you can bet he'd be wearing another uni. He's got to improve his game for a chance to resign with the Knicks, either defend better on the perimeter or become like Brook Lopez a 3 pt shooter.

The Knicks front office better be happy Kanter stayed on .. because the Knicks offseason big-man situation of Quinn leaving and Noah departure .. if Kanter would have sign on to the next team in the off-season .. that mean the Knicks would have became the 1970-90's L.A. Clippers LOSERS !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Kanter is so bad on defense that it negates what he does on offense. He’s an elite offensive rebounder and a quality post scorer... but he’s so bad on defense it doesn’t matter... he doesn’t even put his arms up to contest most shots.
Just looked up his net rating its a nearly -10 pts. The Knicks aren't resigning him with a differential like that.

mafra

Legend
Knits, Dotson, Trier, Knox and MRob a combined 4-14. Knits has given up even thinking about attempting a shot.

tiger0330

Legend
Here's a stat, the guy with the best +/- is Nits +12 but he's played 8 mins with a zero line except for 1RB. Breen saying him and Dotson settled down the defense and made their impact. I saw Lonzo Ball on a D sequence and he was all over the floor being disruptive, if Nits looked like Ball did I could buy his +12 but he didn't.
This is the play I was talking about compliments of Broadway.

mafra

Legend
Just looked up his net rating its a nearly -10 pts. The Knicks aren't resigning him with a differential like that.

I could live with EK if he wasn?t complaining about his minutes. When he?s on the court, he is only playing for his next contract. At least last year he was looking to pass more and was more committed playing 1-on-1 defense.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The Magic's court, logo, and uniforms are just as boring as ever. Forget retro, they need to bring all those designs back as their main ones.

tiger0330

Legend
I could live with EK if he wasn?t complaining about his minutes. When he?s on the court, he is only playing for his next contract. At least last year he was looking to pass more and was more committed playing 1-on-1 defense.
I'm hot and cold with Enes. Clyde likes him and he's a former player, got to value a HOF opinion.

tiger0330

Legend
Still waiting for Nits to make that steal and turn D into an easy basket but Ross blocks his layup. He just doesn't have elite athleticism to make that highlight play.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, Knits has flatlined. I think a stint in the D-league would do him good. It wouldn?t matter if he was LT and Ray Bourque rolled into 1. You have to be able to provide some offense.

Broadway

All Star
Vucevic has been really great for the Magic. Crazy to think they spent 2yrs deciding whether to start this man or bring him off the bench. Amazing they are starting to turn things around although their ceiling is low as a team

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 13
You know you have a ball movement problem when Enes Kanter leads your team with 3 assists in a game where you score 117 points. I continue to be unimpressed with Fizdale?s rotation shenanigans.