2019 Draft lottery Prayer circle

I feel like the #4 pick is not exciting at all in this year?s draft. Everyone wanted Zion. Multiple teams probably would be happy to have Ja or Barrett. Lakers pick will only gain value if a 4th prospect emerges in workouts.

mafra

Legend
I feel like the #4 pick is not exciting at all in this year?s draft. Everyone wanted Zion. Multiple teams probably would be happy to have Ja or Barrett. Lakers pick will only gain value if a 4th prospect emerges in workouts.

So much depends on what the motivation is, and what players they covet most.

My thinking, if I were GM, is building around a Randle and Zion front court... No sense getting a package of young players to win now... they should be thinking about 2022... bc they ain?t competing next 2 season.

Now, Tatum, Brown, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma types might be attractive if they agree to extensions. Without the agreement... then they should seek picks and players this draft.

This is why NYK have something bc they can offer Knox, Robinson and RJ. Not that I would, but Robinson from La (singable), they get RJ and Knox for 5 and 4 years... both will be 22 in 2022.

Anyway... Garland, Hunter and others at 4 have value but as part of a package .... not headliner. RJ could be a headline, bc of control, upside, Zion affiliation.

tiger0330

Legend

Ultimately it's up to AD to force a trade. Lakers still have the best assets to make a deal, yes some of their guys are coming to the end of their rookie deals but they're all going to have bird rights for Pels to match. If a deal is made with the Lakers, I'd expect Griffin to explain they were looking for the best combination of players ALONG with picks in return for AD. I just don't see the Knicks being able to compete with a Lakers or Celtics offer.

Kiyaman

Legend
Never said Zion was a bust, just too much hype with the GOAT talk before he set foot in the NBA. After seeing him tonight, I like his intangibles, he'll be a solid NBA citizen. I would not expect him in a Josh Jackson or Kristaps Porzingis incident. His motor may be his best attribute. His shooting mechanics need improvement but he should have an immediate impact defensively for NO while his shooting catches up.

Zion Williamson will be drafted by a team that has two important things that will enhance Zion's NBA growth (that the Knicks/Suns/Cavs/Bulls doesn't have to offer):
1) A NBA team having a majority of veteran players on the roster.
2) Plus a winning veteran head-coach (Gentry) .. that only need to add a Big-Man coach to their staff in the off-season.
3) A lot of the Pelicans offensive plays we seen design for AD in the past, we will see those same plays given to Zion next season.
4) It will be hard next season for a healthy Zion to not win the ROY award.

Ultimately it's up to AD to force a trade. Lakers still have the best assets to make a deal, yes some of their guys are coming to the end of their rookie deals but they're all going to have bird rights for Pels to match. If a deal is made with the Lakers, I'd expect Griffin to explain they were looking for the best combination of players ALONG with picks in return for AD. I just don't see the Knicks being able to compete with a Lakers or Celtics offer.

If Celtics offer Tatum, Brown, plus #14, 20, and 22 in this year?s draft, maybe that gets it done, but should they do that? Seems crazy.

Lakers could offer #4 plus Kuzma, Ball, Hart, etc, but haven?t they already done that and the Pelicans keep saying no?

The more I think about it, AD on an expiring contract isn?t worth Barrett, MRob, plus 2 1st round picks (we could trade away both our 2020 and Dallas?s 2021 1st round picks). So, now I think we should just stay out of it.

I have a funny feeling that the AD situation isn?t going to end the way people think it will.

tiger0330

Legend
I feel like the #4 pick is not exciting at all in this year’s draft. Everyone wanted Zion. Multiple teams probably would be happy to have Ja or Barrett. Lakers pick will only gain value if a 4th prospect emerges in workouts.

Garland can play, he was injured and he still may be the 4th pick this draft. Teams are going to examine him to death but if he passes his physical he may be the best shooter of the top picks in the draft. Shot an insane 48% from deep, many 5 feet from the college 3 pt line, showing he has NBA 3 pt range. Reminds me of Dame though some compare him to KI.

tiger0330

Legend
If Celtics offer Tatum, Brown, plus #14, 20, and 22 in this year’s draft, maybe that gets it done, but should they do that? Seems crazy.

Lakers could offer #4 plus Kuzma, Ball, Hart, etc, but haven’t they already done that and the Pelicans keep saying no?

The more I think about it, AD on an expiring contract isn’t worth Barrett, MRob, plus 2 1st round picks (we could trade away both our 2020 and Dallas’s 2021 1st round picks). So, now I think we should just stay out of it.

I have a funny feeling that the AD situation isn’t going to end the way people think it will.

Pels were in no hurry to deal AD preferring to wait until July for a Celtic's offer before taking that Lakers offer.

mafra

Legend
Pels were in no hurry to deal AD preferring to wait until July for a Celtic's offer before taking that Lakers offer.

BOS only viable partner if Brown and Tatum agree to extensions. Otherwise they in
same boat in 18 months.

If RJ is on BOS last season his stock as high as Tatum, and if Tatum on NYK this season his stock would be as low as Knox.

Get KD and Another max and watch how good knox and RJ become.

I bet if we took zion, he becomes next Sam Bowie and RJ next MJ. I watched RJ a lot and the kid is legit. Needs to work in three and FTs but this kid can do it all.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
If Celtics offer Tatum, Brown, plus #14, 20, and 22 in this year’s draft, maybe that gets it done, but should they do that? Seems crazy.

Lakers could offer #4 plus Kuzma, Ball, Hart, etc, but haven’t they already done that and the Pelicans keep saying no?

The more I think about it, AD on an expiring contract isn’t worth Barrett, MRob, plus 2 1st round picks (we could trade away both our 2020 and Dallas’s 2021 1st round picks). So, now I think we should just stay out of it.

I have a funny feeling that the AD situation isn’t going to end the way people think it will.
You could say the same for the Lakers giving up Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Hart their 4th and whatever future firsts the Pels could talk them out of. That 4th pick is probably worth more than all those firsts the Celts have ths year. I haven't heard anything out of the Lakers camp, maybe someone said thats insane what we're giving up for an expiring contract since Magic left. Watching the EC finals and Lakers made a huge mistake not resigning BLo, building a team ain't easy as Magic found out starting with selecting a rookie GM in Pelinka.

Kiyaman

Legend
So much depends on what the motivation is, and what players they covet most.

My thinking, if I were GM, is building around a Randle and Zion front court... No sense getting a package of young players to win now... they should be thinking about 2022... bc they ain’t competing next 2 season.

Now, Tatum, Brown, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma types might be attractive if they agree to extensions. Without the agreement... then they should seek picks and players this draft.

This is why NYK have something bc they can offer Knox, Robinson and RJ. Not that I would, but Robinson from La (singable), they get RJ and Knox for 5 and 4 years... both will be 22 in 2022.

Anyway... Garland, Hunter and others at 4 have value but as part of a package .... not headliner. RJ could be a headline, bc of control, upside, Zion affiliation.

Mafra .... Dont believe the hype bout Barrett being picked 3rd in the draft .. Barrett performance showed to be a great 1st and 2nd option on offense, plus Barrett played 3 position very well (Point-Forward) during the absent of a injured Zion. Barrett will be the 2nd pick (Grizz) in the 2019 NBA Draft !!!

For some reason I see the Pelicans and AD kissing n makeup for the 2019-20 season, when the Pelicans sign one of the star FA, plus i wouldn't be surprise if Rondo sign with the Pelicans again. The Pelicans has 3 nice young-guns in C/F-Okafor/SF-Stanley/and PG-Frank Jackson.

The Knicks needed the 1st or 2nd pick, I'm not saying picking "Ja Morant" at 3rd is bad, nor am I saying this draft may not have a Donovan Mitchell or Kuzma after the 3rd selection. What I am saying are Ja Morant /Kyrie /Durant /and Bum Fizdale are not winning any playoff games !!!

tiger0330

Legend
You could say the same for the Lakers giving up Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Hart their 4th and whatever future firsts the Pels could talk them out of. That 4th pick is probably worth more than all those firsts the Celts have ths year. I haven't heard anything out of the Lakers camp, maybe someone said thats insane what we're giving up for an expiring contract since Magic left. Watching the EC finals and Lakers made a huge mistake not resigning BLo, building a team ain't easy as Magic found out starting with selecting a rookie GM in Pelinka.
BLO a monster game 1 29 pts. Just made a critical steal, I think hes making 3M.

mafra

Legend
What is this? 3rd or 4th lottery David Griff has won? Maybe Knicks made huge mistake not hiring the Lottery Whisperer and going with Perry instead as GM?

Griff wanted to hire his own guys but Mills said no (then Mills signed THjr) so DG walked away. Sounds like he has the correct rituals to conjure up lottery success.

Mr. Mills (and be proxy Dolan) strikes again.

Last edited:
Garland and Hunter have both pulled out of the combine because of assumed draft promises. I wonder if they are the consensus picks 4 and 5 now.

What is this? 3rd or 4th lottery David Griff has won? Maybe Knicks made huge mistake not hiring the Lottery Whisperer and going with Perry instead as GM?

Griff wanted to hire his own guys but Mills said no (then Mills signed THjr) so DG walked away. Sounds like he has the correct rituals to conjure up lottery success.

Mr. Mills (and be proxy Dolan) strikes again.

Can you imagine how bad things would have gotten if Perry hadn?t been brought in?

I feel bad for Dan Gilbert?s son. I feel like this lottery stole his role as a good luck charm from him and instead now tracks to Griffin, like you said.

mafra

Legend
Can you imagine how bad things would have gotten if Perry hadn?t been brought in?

I feel bad for Dan Gilbert?s son. I feel like this lottery stole his role as a good luck charm from him and instead now tracks to Griffin, like you said.

I mention it bc I just listened to replay of Hahn and Scalabrini on NbA?s Starting Lineup, and Bondy was on... he was in the room during the process of selecting..... one of the few sequestered behind the scenes.... they talked about hot positive DG was all day, saying they were going to win lottery.... how spiritual he is and prays to every G-d imaginable to bring his team good luck. He won Kyrie and another lottery in CLE... now this. Is he some sort of mentalist? Anyway... maybe the NYK black cloud would deactivate his positive mojo.

We all want Mills and Dolan gone!!!!

If we don?t get KD and if these bunch of lottery picks don?t amount to a hill of beans, then when will we ever win with that brain trust?

Meanwhile, Golden State has never picked higher than 6th in the last 10 years and they built a team that rules the world. Maybe Griff?s lottery luck is overrated.

mafra

Legend
Meanwhile, Golden State has never picked higher than 6th in the last 10 years and they built a team that rules the world. Maybe Griff?s lottery luck is overrated.

Winning lottery and winning rings are 2 different things.

Saw something about how all the best players left in the playoffs were picked after first five.

To me, there are only 2 ways to succeed building a roster via lottery draft:

1- Defy odds and win lottery when that particular player of decade / generational talent is coming out.

2- Gather talent through the aggregate of multiple early picks while finding a gem later in the draft.

These are the 2 surefire ways to rebuild. CLE got LeBron, GSW got Curry, Klay, DG.

Maybe you hit on 3 in a row or something, like OKC, or maybe you endure and persevere through the fifty pct method... hit on 4/8, like PHI.

May the foundation, add in a max free agent or two or shrewd trade.

Knicks, in theory, are at that point now with their recent run of lottery picks and free agency position to be able to FINaLLY turn the corner.

Broadway

All Star
I feel like the #4 pick is not exciting at all in this year’s draft. Everyone wanted Zion. Multiple teams probably would be happy to have Ja or Barrett. Lakers pick will only gain value if a 4th prospect emerges in workouts.

Didn't see your post but yep looks like Garland is most certainly one

Broadway

All Star
Sounds like Zion being disappointed with New Orleans was greatly exaggerated.

Of course it was. Look I'm sure Zion would rather play most of his games at MSG but there are too many in DA MEDIA with an egenda to spin and create headlines. Rachel Nichols is very whorish how she establishes herself in this space. Nothing but a Lebron fan boy and any angle that can be twisted where the discussion gets back to him or favors him she'll lead the charge. While at the same time creating a narrative that will stir up agitate other fan bases(primarily ours). They've been doing it for yrs

Zion is going to be fine and he'll love it in the NO as long as they can rebuild around him or build with he and Davis going forward