Game thread: New York Knicks vs Washington Wizards 7:30 10/11/19 [Preseason Game #2]

Morris with 16 points in 17 minutes. Might put up all-star numbers this season if he can avoid elbowing guys in the face.

Knicks out scored 41 to 17 in the 2nd quarter and trail 18 at the half. I continue to be amazed at Fizdale?s inability to make adjustments when other teams go on runs. Wizards basically just had a run that lasted an entire quarter.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks out scored 41 to 17 in the 2nd quarter and trail 18 at the half. I continue to be amazed at Fizdale’s inability to make adjustments when other teams go on runs. Wizards basically just had a run that lasted an entire quarter.
Its on Fiz. Took accountability like I wanted, he's here to win games, not play favorites.

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! The Fizdale ISO-Knicks lost the 15 pt lead plus gave the Wiz a 18 pt lead .. That's what happen in the first half of the game

tiger0330

Legend
Mrob 5 fouls in 11 mins. Portis in. Nits nowhere to be seen when we need D, don't get Fizdale at all. Said Payton was a black hole him not making a shot.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ish Smith is to quick for Payton, Beal is scoring at will over rookie RJ & Payton .. the Wiz back-court control the tempo of the game for 14 straight minutes. Randle is looking lost on both ends of the court same as he did the past 4 years in the league.
The Wizards center Bryant had Portis & Randle on LOCK! the first half of the game !!!

Bradley Beal is a guy to keep an eye on this season. Owed 55 million over next 2 seasons. Still only 26-years-old. We have contracts to match that can clear the books at the end of the season and we have extra 1st round picks to get the deal done. Something worth thinking about.

Kiyaman

Legend
Do u think Fiz whispered to Frank & Trier we gonna need u for the next 10 to 12 minute on the court to get back into this game ???

Broadway

All Star
I stand by the fact Payton would not amount to much more than what we had in Mudiay. He plays just good enough to remain in the league but overall he's a crap player. Fans are going to tire of him quickly. MRob's issue will be staying on the floor and out of foul trouble...nothing has changed. I understand he's working on his shot and extending range but he should focus on defensive awareness and balance in his approach.

Can't wait until DSJ gets back and I'm not fond of Morris being a starter..IMO he should lead our bench group. We should run literally almost every play through Randle until we get some rhythm to establish an identity

Knits is still a First Ballot BUM

tiger0330

Legend
Do u think Fiz whispered to Frank & Trier we gonna need u for the next 10 to 12 minute on the court to get back into this game ???
Nits ain't getting the Knicks back into it. PG play sucked this game, wtf was Fiz talking about that Payton was fantastic, DSJ needs to get his turn, I'm convinced Perry is throwing in the towel on Ntilikina. He should be dominating against those scrubs he's matched up against.

Broadway

All Star
Nits ain't getting the Knicks back into it. PG play sucked this game, wtf was Fiz talking about that Payton was fantastic, DSJ needs to get his turn, I'm convinced Perry is throwing in the towel on Ntilikina. He should be dominating against those scrubs he's matched up against.

I think they are being super cautious on DSJ from his tweaked back. I think Fiz knows who he wants to play. As discussed last yr...all of our young talent can't play and excel and be great on this team. Gotta trim the fat

tiger0330

Legend
Tig I see a pretty solid to potentially really good draft class lurking. Zion is really good in the paint, watching him now
Z was a given to be good. I had questions whether the bigger, stronger NBA guys could stop him in the paint, early indications are they can't. Easiest 29 pt night I ever saw that he had against the Bulls the other night. Saw him hanging with Zo in tunnel, they'll be Batman and Robin for the Pels.

Broadway

All Star
Z was a given to be good. I had questions whether the bigger, stronger NBA guys could stop him in the paint, early indications are they can't. Easiest 29 pt night I ever saw that he had against the Bulls the other night. Saw him hanging with Zo in tunnel, they'll be Batman and Robin for the Pels.

He and Zo looks good together chemistry wise

Kiyaman

Legend
I stand by the fact Payton would not amount to much more than what we had in Mudiay. He plays just good enough to remain in the league but overall he's a crap player. Fans are going to tire of him quickly. MRob's issue will be staying on the floor and out of foul trouble...nothing has changed. I understand he's working on his shot and extending range but he should focus on defensive awareness and balance in his approach.

Can't wait until DSJ gets back and I'm not fond of Morris being a starter..IMO he should lead our bench group. We should run literally almost every play through Randle until we get some rhythm to establish an identity

Knits is still a First Ballot BUM

Yep! Payton is not a starter, and far from being up to par as a backup PG in the Atlantic Division like VanVleet, Smart, and Dinwiddle.
The Knicks (Fiz/Perry/Mills had all that money and couldn't talk one of the veteran starter PG in the FA market into signing on, as if Kyrie was the only starter PG in the FA market.
Both the Knicks 3rd season PG .. Frank & DSJ need to spend a full 82 game season on a team that has a vet 30 minute starter PG.
Then in their 4th season both Frank & DSJ will be performing at starter-mode .. I'm sorry, the Knicks did not invest in their young-core guards, nor did the Fiz/Perry/Mills invest in the Knicks future star center MitchRob, and SF Knox by talking FA center DeAndre Jordan into signing a 2 yr contract for $30M. So the three big-men players could've work-out together on and off in the off-season.
Rookie RJ Barrett's quick skill set in the preseason games really do need a NBA veteran PG to lead the point switching every once in a while from uptempo transition to half-court-set for the rookies growth at performing at a higher level each night.

Tonight game .. The Wizards head coach Brooks out-coach the Knicks Fizdale in every category in a B.ball game for a 115-99 win over the Knicks.
Brooks offensive-switching worked perfectly throughout the game in a half-court set having Knicks guards switching to defend the Wizards Big men in the paint.

Fell behind and had to catch up watching the rest of the game on DVR.

This team desperately needs DSJ to get healthy and be the motor that drives the offense. This team also desperately needs a guy who can get hot with their outside shooting.

Our front court should be serviceable this season. Our backcourt rotation still looks like it is going to be an issue.