Game thread: New York Knicks vs Boston Nuggets 7:30 12/5/2019 [Game #22]

tiger0330

Legend
The Wiz beat the Sixers the 4th best team in the EC despite two starters being out and another rotation player. The rookie Hachimura outplayed the veteran Horford and little Ish Smith equaled Simmons for the win, the Wiz have plenty of reason to roll over being without Wall and their starting center Bryant but didn't. If Fizdale can't get this squad going with MM, Taj, Randle and Portis he needs to be fired by the end of year.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Meanwhile Melo is the Western Conference player of the week🤣🤣 after the Knicks come off back to back historical franchise loses😂😂. I think the basketball gods have spoken!😂😂

Dark come on. He's barely played in two seasons, tonight was the best game he's played his whole career in garbage time.
Hey tiger, you are correct about the past two season. I'm looking at what could be for this team. Is it a gamble... yes but no more of a gamble with DSJ back and knee. Who would you rather on this team DSJ or Porter Jr? DSJ doesn't give us the energy off the bench or starting that Frank gives us. This was a mistake because F.O. knows nothing about not creating a PG controversy. Payton??? I see a very talented player that would fit in greatly for this team CHEMISTRY. This would give us a chance to get rid of another mistake RJ. This want happen with the current F.O. because they can't admit mistakes and correct them.
If this team is going to get better it moves like this that much happen. Remember you/We have very little chemistry on this team. Mudiay, Dotson, Kornet are bases of chemistry let go or bench. Mudiay over DSJ & Payton....Kornet over Bobby P. plus he block shots.
This is what see needs to happen.

tiger0330

Legend
Hey tiger, you are correct about the past two season. I'm looking at what could be for this team. Is it a gamble... yes but no more of a gamble with DSJ back and knee. Who would you rather on this team DSJ or Porter Jr? DSJ doesn't give us the energy off the bench or starting that Frank gives us. This was a mistake because F.O. knows nothing about not creating a PG controversy. Payton??? I see a very talented player that would fit in greatly for this team CHEMISTRY. This would give us a chance to get rid of another mistake RJ. This want happen with the current F.O. because they can't admit mistakes and correct them.
If this team is going to get better it moves like this that much happen. Remember you/We have very little chemistry on this team. Mudiay, Dotson, Kornet are bases of chemistry let go or bench. Mudiay over DSJ & Payton....Kornet over Bobby P. plus he block shots.
This is what see needs to happen.
Those guys you mentioned were last year's trash, guys that finished with less then 20 wins. Not one of them starts for their new team. Given how DSJ is playing, I would trade him for Porter and even give DEN one of those crap Dallas first round picks, Mavs are a young up and coming team. I'd say those picks are going to be in the 23-30 range when we get to use them.

Kiyaman

Legend
We lost by 37 points. If Dotson played the best game of his life instead of getting hurt we would have lost by 34 points.

Dotson were playing fine 2-Way B.ball however, Fizdale's substitution-timing and Game-Plan were whack, plus the Denver Nuggets coaching scouts did a very well job on ball-movement and screening on practically all their offensive-possession to take advantage of the Knicks weakest defenders (DSJ RJ Ellington Knox and Randle) the Knick defenders that got scored on consistently.
The Knicks 2nd unit of players (MitchRob Portis Knox DSJ Payton) were matching points with the Nuggets 2nd unit players in the 2nd quarter, until Fizdale started his crazy substitution, and the Nuggets 2nd unit of players went on a scoring run to out score the Knicks by 16 points before halftime. The Denver Nuggets bench players scored 74 points of their 129 - 92 win over the Knicks last night .. Yes! The Nuggets bench players depth beat the Knicks last night.

Dotson's 2-Way performance are the Knicks best SG on the roster, yet Dotson is not a part of the starter lineup, nor were Dotson a part of the Fizdale's first 2nd unit of players on the court last night. Someone need to tell the Knicks front-office and coaching staff that RJ Barrett's rookie performance is to raw to be in the starter lineup when compared to Dotson performance.

Those guys you mentioned were last year's trash, guys that finished with less then 20 wins. Not one of them starts for their new team. Given how DSJ is playing, I would trade him for Porter and even give DEN one of those crap Dallas first round picks, Mavs are a young up and coming team. I'd say those picks are going to be in the 23-30 range when we get to use them.

Tiger, you are correct again about those Mavs picks. So technically it look like unless we do some trading or if we keep them there better be some late round gems.

BTW Tiger, those guys I mention was to show the chemistry that was lost by not resigning them. It about chemistry not starting for their new team. Mudiay led this team in scoring and Kornet played good defense and shot the 3 ball. I would rather have Mudiay & Kornet on this team than DSJ, Payton, Bobby P. and Randle.