Knicks made a trade for the Pistons Derek Rose WTF

Kiyaman

Legend
No thank you. Couldn't wait to be rid of him FIVE YEARS AGO. Why would we bring him back now, exactly?
All the bright young minds brought into the FO, and this is the best trade idea they could come up with?? This move has been recycled a few times, to say the least.

Rose will have played for 3 teams with Thibs. Not like he's bringing a winning attitude, or winning tradition with him. Just lots of injuries, time off, and stat padding.
I saw a stat that said Rose leads the Pistons in usage without having started a game. You thought Payton's dribble pounding is bad? Also, he's only shooting 33% from three. We've all seen his defense. Talent aside, where's the roster fit?
Rose dont have a perimeter jump-shot, Rose never play defense, Rose dont pass the ball .. The only possible reason for this trade .. Rose must be replacing DSJ on the G League team !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
The Brooklyn Nets trade for a high scoring tripple-double Super-Star combo-guard James Harden to insure the Nets at a run in the ECF.
And the Knicks trade for a broken down AWOL non-scoring SG Derek Rose to insure a 1 to 3 Lottery pick.
Payton & Rose are equal in having a very LOW B.ball IQ.
Rose & Randle are equal in being 4th quarter LOSERS.

What will the addition of Derek Rose do for our future rookie star Quickley in coach Thibs short seven-man rotation ???

Jimmy Butler described Thibs getting Derrick Rose as ?getting the band back together?. Do the Knicks empty the cupboard to try to trade for Butler next? Oh man would people on here be angry if they did that.

tiger0330

Legend
It’s a minor deal, why is anybody in a lather about trading a guy that wasn’t in the rotation and played less than 30 mins the entire season for a guy averaging 14ppg in the final year of his contract. The Knicks had 11 picks over the next 3 years and could afford to trade one of them for a guy that will provide depth and win a few games for us. Only drawback to acquiring DRose is whose minutes does he take away, it could very well be at the expense of IQ.

Broadway

All Star
It’s a minor deal, why is anybody in a lather about trading a guy that wasn’t in the rotation and played less than 30 mins the entire season for a guy averaging 14ppg in the final year of his contract. The Knicks had 11 picks over the next 3 years and could afford to trade one of them for a guy that will provide depth and win a few games for us. Only drawback to acquiring DRose is whose minutes does he take away, it could very well be at the expense of IQ.

If Rose had a bigger arc impact in Minnesota and Detroit...I?d understand the reasoning. When I add in the many variables about the team leading to signs of trouble and our history ain?t no way I?m trusting this move

Not after what Thibs said in postgame...Nope!

mafra

Legend
First, you have to regurgitate DR?s previous experience here in the Big Apple. This conjures up those emotions,
back to bubble on the surface. We can?t ignore it.

Second, we know Thibb?s history and penchant to sacrifice the future for a monetary pleasure, with his antipathy towards youth and inexperience.

Now, if the reasoning behind this move is to jettison EP, move IQ into the starting lineup... Or, if this was to bench Rivers and replace his minutes in the rotation with DR... then I am fine. Rose has been productive in DET, from an offensive standpoint. This is sorely needed here.

We could use some help late in game.

But, if this trade impacts the development of RJ and IQ... then this is another bogus mind boggling move to add to the two decade long scroll we?ve been adding to for twenty years.

So far this season:

RJ Barrett - 35.1 minutes per game
MRob - 29.2 minutes per game
Quickley - 18.9 minutes per game

Don?t get the paranoia about Thibs and playing young guys. Quickley?s minutes will rise as the season goes along in my opinion. If anything, RJ?s minutes should come down. Only guy getting the shaft who I still care about is Toppin and DRose won?t affect him.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Rose is still really tough to guard one on one but doesnt play much defense. I guess im kind of indifferent about this move but we'll see how it goes

Kiyaman

Legend
Rose and the 2nd unit looked great on offense/defense for 7 straight minute, the 2nd unit went on a 17-3 run to open-up the 2nd qtr giving the Knicks a 42-28 lead .. but their energy died out after 7 straight minute of the 2nd qtr., still the 2nd unit lineup did a great Job!
SG-Rose SG-Quickley SG-Burks SF-Obi and PF-Noel (Not a happy camper of the Noel signing.).

The BIG question .. Will Thibs build on the 2nd-unit bench-lineup (mention above) for his game rotation?
If so, that mean Thibs will have to give 10 players double-digit playing-time per game. Nah! No!
Thibs has been a 7 man rotation head coach .. Has Thibs change? Nah! No!

Thibs are more worried bout all the weakness the starter lineup show to start games.
Everyone has been steady pointing towards Payton's performance when any starter shot aren't fallen, when a starter turnover the ball, when a starter are slow getting back on defense, It's all Payton's fault.
Last year, so many Knicks failures were Randle & Payton's fault, but this season Payton & Randle has improve in so many areas of their performance. Are they legit starters? No!

Thibs added D.Rose to the Knicks to help the starter lineup, to show RJ Barrett several offensive moves on how to be a consistent slashing scoring-guard, that goes to the FT line 2 or more times a game.
Stop with the Thibs got Rose to help Quickleys NBA growth.
Quickley only need decent playing-time to get familiar to the NBA !!!

Last edited: