Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets 5/15/2021 1:00 pm [Game #71]

mafra

Legend
We haven?t score a bucket in like 4 minutes. Travel in Randle, then a turnover, Randle misses shot... AB just missed a game-clinching wide open 3 (set up by Randle), after he missed a layup....

104-102.... 45 seconds left. CHa ball.

mafra

Legend
Like I said earlier, Rozier and their guards won?t let them lose. After the TO, he goes ISO and gets to the cup. Tie game.

Who misses the shot for us? Do we even get one off?

Refs blew that call. McDaniels checked Burks out of bounds. Gives Charlotte a chance to win. Terrible no-call.

mafra

Legend
Randle Bricks a layup. CHa missed a shot, we scramble for loose ball... CHA goes for ball and collided with AB.... Knocks AB down. Ref rules ball out on us. Awful call, but refs have tried to give this game to CHa all afternoon so this call is no surprise.

Terrible call tho. It doesn?t get worse than that.

Wow. Charlotte blew that last possession. They had 10 seconds to get a shot and regulation ends with a near airball from 3. Hornets squander gift from refs.

OT time.

Randle just lethal with his passing. He finds Burks for 3. Bullock for 3. Then finds Noel for the point blank 2. Lead is 8 with a little over 2 minutes to go.

Randle gets another rebound and that gives him his 6th triple double of the year. He finds Noel for the dunk down the other end.

Bad news for us is it remains to be seen if Milwaukee rests their guys against Miami tonight. It is unlikely they will catch Brooklyn for the 2 seed.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Devastating OT but what a thrill the rest of the game was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth noting that Celtics are locked-in as 7th seed. If they go all out against us tomorrow, it is basically just to play spoiler.

mafra

Legend
Worth noting that Celtics are locked-in as 7th seed. If they go all out against us tomorrow, it is basically just to play spoiler.

When do they play next? I think Tuesday. That means, if they go all out tomorrow to beat us, then they?ll be playing their 3rd game in 4days.

I imagine they rest their guys tomorrow and get ready for Tuesday.

Good news is we are 2-1 vs MIL... so, if they rest tonight or lose then I hope we make them pay.