Mitchell Robinson contract season thread

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, we Knicks Fans really missed not having MitchRob defensive presence on the court in the postseason games.
MitchRob are in the final season of his rookie contract, and working hard in the offseason to have a super successful 2021-22 season to get that $$$ paper.

Well, the boot is off MitchRob foot, and he has been rehabing & working-out steady at keeping his body weight solid at a 270/280 margin.
The Knicks having a healthy MitchRob back in the rotation we are going to be leaps and bounds better this season.
MitchRob is still a young player learning, and the Knicks having another season of D.Rose & Taj Gibson as Knicks player/coaches should help improve MitchRob skills by adding a couple of polish post-up moves to lighten up the offense.

My opinion .. Noel & Randle didn't do so bad as front-court starters at the end of last season, and should be starters at the start of the 2021-22 season.
I would like at the start of the 2021-22 NBA regular season for MitchRob to come off the Knicks bench tandem with Obi Toppin in the frontcourt to be apart of D.Rose & Quickley's 2nd unit lineup however, I do want MitchRob to be the Knicks finisher on the court at the end of every game next season.

I just read that MRob is eligible for a 4 year extension worth up to 55.6 million. We need to extend him before the end of the season otherwise he becomes an unrestricted free agent. His signing would not affect upcoming cap space since we are already at the cap until 2023 off-season.

I think we need to make this signing happen. A 4 year extension means having MRob in the fold for a good chunk of his prime (age 23 to 27) and what bigger impact big man are we going to find in free agency for at most 13 to 14 million per year?

Only reason you don?t try to make this extension happen is injury concerns.

Kiyaman

Legend
Starting the season having 4 poor defensive Starters in Kemba, Barrett, Fournier, and Randle, which will keep MitchRob or Noel in early foul trouble.
The Knicks has to give an early extension contract of 4 yrs $55M to $60M contract to young MitchRob's 65% inside scoring and block-party performance.

tiger0330

Legend
55M seems a bargain when I said we might be paying him Gobert numbers in 2026. Missed him in the ATL playoff series where we needed someone to counter Capela.