Game thread: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers 11/15/2021 7:30pm [Game #14]

mafra

Legend
Does anybody go to the rack? Geez?. 16-21-10 is scoring totals for 1st-3rd-4th?. Maybe if we stop bricking long jumpers we can score? I don?t know? pass it a few times, cut and go to basket, attack the rim?

mafra

Legend
IQ with 16. 4-4 from downtown. Knicks up 1, have ball, 5 left?. AB misses a 3 but IQ with the rebound!!!

mafra

Legend
Rose baby! What a sweet dish to RJ for the sink in the break. 87-82? 8-0 run? 3:26 left. Finish this!!!

tiger0330

Legend
Drose back after his brief blow, love the scrappiness of this 2nd unit esp IQ getting on the floor fighting for a loose ball and urging the fans on.

mafra

Legend
NYK playing stellar defense. Indy like 2-16. But Randle doesn?t box out Turner, IQ doesn?t see RJ in the fastbreak wide open, Rose feeds Taj as shot clock expires and he bricks it?

Indy misses another shot but red calls ticky tak foul?. Randle misses a layup?.Rose drives and the swish!!!!!

89-84 with 57 seconds left!

No 3s? box out?. Make 1 more basket and they win.

mafra

Legend
RJ drills the 3? game set and match. IQ and Rose and Gibson and Obi? more of them please!!!!
A much needed win?

tiger0330

Legend
JR playing PnR with DRose, Drose layup gives them a 5pt lead with a min left. Rj with the dagger 3 for the win. Notable our starting backcourt wasn't in there to close the game.

tiger0330

Legend
Pacers ain't that good but a W is a W. Thibs needs to make some lineup adjustments like submit this starting lineup for the next game.

Taj
Obi
IQ
Drose
Burks or RJ.

Kiyaman

Legend
Quickley & Toppin young creative performance are still making it a clear fact to coach Thibs from last season, they are 24 or more minute players per game. Coach Thibs handing IQ & Obi 12 or 16 minute a game at the start of the season should be a Knicks Fan crime.
Tonight, we watch D.Rose & Gibson leadership show boat Quickley & Toppin level as CLOSERS.
We need coach Thibs to start resting D.Rose & Gibson in the first half, so they have 10 minute of energy to play in the 4th quarter like we did when we had PG Jason Kidd who played the entire 4th quarter to give us Knicks fans a 54 win season !!!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Pacers ain't that good but a W is a W. Thibs needs to make some lineup adjustments like submit this starting lineup for the next game.

Taj
Obi
IQ
Drose
Burks or RJ.

Wsup Tiger .. remember the 2012-13 season when Jason Kidd signed on, I kept wondering why PG-Jason Kidd let PG-Raymond Felton start every game, plus let PG-Pablo get 16 minute off the bench that season. And by midseason I caught on to what Kidd was doing to win all those Knicks games .. Kidd was our play-maker and called all the shots for 10 to 12 minute in the 4th quarter of every game.

Last season 41 wins had D.Rose as our closer.
Putting D.Rose in the starter lineup was the most foolish thing Thibs did in the postseason, old-man Rose was tired & exhausted to push the ball or control the tempo in the 4th quarter of all 3 games he started which lead us to an embarrassing 0-3 .. The post-season game we won had a energetic D.Rose coming off the bench to light fire to the Hawks.

We need to keep D.Rose & Taj coming off the bench they are the best program for Quickley & Obi growth as their bench side-kicks.
When midseason arrive so will injuries, so we will be force to make some crazy changes.

mafra

Legend
I was wrong on DeRozan. What a year he?s having for CHI. It?s like if Evan did what he did opening night vs BOS? every game! We got a stiff and Bulls getting MVP type caliber play this season

mafra

Legend
For the first time, Thibodeau revealed one factor in the Knicks reaching for Quickley at 25 in the 2020 draft was a big recommendation from his assistant coach Dice Yoshimoto, who was at the University of Georgia during Quickley?s final year at Kentucky.

?Dice told me, ?Watch this kid, Quickley,? ?? Thibodeau said. ?He hits every big shot for Kentucky.??

tiger0330

Legend
I was wrong on DeRozan. What a year he?s having for CHI. It?s like if Evan did what he did opening night vs BOS? every game! We got a stiff and Bulls getting MVP type caliber play this season
My post in the CHA game thread below, the announcer that made the joking comment about DD being done was Stacy King. Demar far from done, Lavine calling Caruso the highest BBall IQ player in the NBA also a nice pickup along with Lonzo. Bulls destroyed the Lakers tonight.

We would be better if we picked up Derozan in free agency instead of EF. Watching one the Bulls game, one of the announcers said ?Who said he was done? when he made a burst to the basket. Had my questions about the guy at 31 and was wondering if he lost a step or would he be worth it in the 3rd year of his contract, I?ll say he hasn?t lost anything by the looks of the way the Bulls are playing.

tiger0330

Legend
Wsup Tiger .. remember the 2012-13 season when Jason Kidd signed on, I kept wondering why PG-Jason Kidd let PG-Raymond Felton start every game, plus let PG-Pablo get 16 minute off the bench that season. And by midseason I caught on to what Kidd was doing to win all those Knicks games .. Kidd was our play-maker and called all the shots for 10 to 12 minute in the 4th quarter of every game.

Last season 41 wins had D.Rose as our closer.
Putting D.Rose in the starter lineup was the most foolish thing Thibs did in the postseason, old-man Rose was tired & exhausted to push the ball or control the tempo in the 4th quarter of all 3 games he started which lead us to an embarrassing 0-3 .. The post-season game we won had a energetic D.Rose coming off the bench to light fire to the Hawks.

We need to keep D.Rose & Taj coming off the bench they are the best program for Quickley & Obi growth as their bench side-kicks.
When midseason arrive so will injuries, so we will be force to make some crazy changes.
Kiya, joking about the starting lineup but Thibs needs to make some adjustments, including giving IQ and Obi more minutes. Been waiting for IQ to get untracked, kid is a scrapper.