Game Thread: LA Lakers @ NY Knicks Nov 23, 2021 7:30 PM [Game #18]

mafra

Legend
That?s why I?m intrigued with the IQ/EF backcourt experience. As long as they score and effort on defense, you can risk it?. Toss in an AB or Rose, and you play a little speedball. Compliment that with Randle, and you should have spacing and freedom to work ? with at least 4 offensive creators in Rose or AB, IQ-EF-JR.

Put Gibson or Noel in the middle to work the paint?. Let me see that 5 some.

Swap out Randle with Obi and AB/Rose duo with RJ, based on matchup and circumstances

No! Quickley is not a PG!
And No! Thibs hasn't been fair with IQ playing-time minutes.
Quickleys a-scorer, defender, that mesh well with teammates.
Quickley's performance is every thing Knicks fans expected from the signing of Fournier.
Quickley played SG in college, and his quick release of his jump-shot is why Kentucky kept Quickley at the SG position .. Quickley' had success as one of Kentucky crunch-time closer.
Yes, in the NBA Quickley has to work on a few more different moves at scoring 2 pts on the left and right side of the court. More playing time would help.
The Knicks best meshing lineup last season were D.Rose, IQ, Burks, Obi, and Taj Gibson.

Correct not a PG and I don?t see SG and that is because of his size and height.

Knicks fans are looking for someone with electricity. Obi looks like he may have it but Q is strictly a street baller. In street ball or recreation ball basically size and height doesn?t matter. There is no offensive scheme that is being ran. It?s everybody for himself. First one to ten or twenty which ever way you counting.
And again correct with success at Kentucky. Two things with that. First, that college not the NBA. Secondly, I don?t know how Coach Cal let him play with that style of BB. Maybe it should be signing him? he doesn?t look like a Kentucky player or one that fit Cal type of player.

Question is what are you going to do with him because not the type of player that fit a Real NBA system.

Kiyaman

Legend
Happy Gobble-Gobble Day Dark ....

Coach Thibs team-offense has always been garbage!
It has always been head-coach Thibs players (D.Rose, Deng, Butler, Noah, Towns, Wiggins ) creativeness to score on offense.
Last season it was Quickley that kept setting-up Obi Toppin for 2 pts alley-oops to stop Obi from depending on the 3-ball to score in the short 4 minutes of playing-time given.
Plus in the offseason summer-league Quickleys performance at raising and improving all his teammates performance were outstanding.

Under the rookie program of Spurs coach Pop, or Pacers coach Carlise, or Heats coach Spoe their coaching program would have a 2nd season Quickley standing-out on their teams scouting-report as a High scoring combo-guard.

Kiyaman

Legend
I still believe if Randle didn't catch his 5th foul 3 min into the 4th quarter to be taken out and bench, the Knicks would've loss their 4 pt lead to lose to the Lebronless-Lakers.
Having the big man tandem of Obi & Noel offense/defense in the paint, and the ball movement of IQ, Burks, and Fournier on the court the majority of the 4th quarter .. the AD & Westbrook-Lakers didn't have a chance for the win final 5 min of the game.