Game thread: New York Knicks vs Denver Nuggets 12/4/2021 1:00pm [Game #23]

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
"my original question, is it Mitch and Noel defense problems or it is caused by the lack of defense awareness from others....." It's Both!!
Look at what you are asking, the defense is design by the coach. You have to take into consideration that MRob and Noel are basely the same type of player on defense. To make up for there lack of quickest to defend smaller players then you have to design your switches accordingly.
Next who or What players are out on the floor with each. Who can cover the other team center(like with Bulls) that can shoot 3's. If you remember I saw nobody contesting his shot.

I don't agree with you on this point, Yes the coach design the defense scheme and the switches, but the players defense awareness is they Key, for example, a commitment to defend is the most important thing, you can't teach that, it is either you have it or not. or you commit every now and then like EF or JR

I don't agree with you on this point, Yes the coach design the defense scheme and the switches, but the players defense awareness is they Key, for example, a commitment to defend is the most important thing, you can't teach that, it is either you have it or not. or you commit every now and then like EF or JR

Well, not sure where you get that Randle plays defend every now and then. I have seen Randle play very good defense on PG and SG. Notable once on Kemba Walker when he was a Hornet. Randle 'd' his butt up. So I have to disagree with you about Randle. We can agree on EF.

As for the a commitment to defend. Again I agree with you. Being committed and ' Can defend' is two different things. You have to be able to defend not just a commitment. The weakest link in the defense is RJ. Thib's like Fiz as tried to hide RJ on defense. Teams know that he is weak and they expose him. From PG to SG and now SF... he is constantly chasing his man from behind, reaching and grapping them.

The Knicks are playing 4 on 5 defense last year when RJ was on the floor. Now this year we bring in Walker, EF and RJ. Seriously!! It's one thing to hide maybe one player but you can't hide 3. This why the defense is in it current state. Thib's should have told the F.O. what was going to happen if they sign both Walker and EF. He should have said, 'We have one liability on defense now you want to add 2 more'? If you think RJ was sick those two games think again.

There are articles that say a change is coming to the starting lineup. Thib's don't follow the a hot hand. Knox hit his first shot off the bench in the first half . He doesn't play in the 2nd half, WHY?? He doesn't play in the next game, WHY?? Even if there are changes... What are changing to? Maybe you heard Greg Anthony the other night when Thib's was looking up and down his bench to put someone in to stop the bleeding. Anthony said 'Thib's doesn't have an answer to what is happening' and guess what the opposing team see's it'.