Game thread: New York Knicks @ Denver Nuggets 2/8/2022 9:00pm [Game #55]

Denver stretches lead back to 19. We?re cooked.

Would this game have been different with MRob and Noel available? That?s for philosophers to debate.

We are a bottom 10 team in the NBA and continuing to sink.

No MRob, no Noel, no Grimes, no DRose. Injuries are a part of the game but missing your 3 best defensive players and best PG and missing some of those guys for huge chunks of the season, it?s rough for a team with as little top end talent as ours.

Randle finishes with 28 points on 11 for 22 shooting from the floor with 10 boards and 6 assists.

RJ limps off in the closing seconds after turning his ankle. Hopefully he?s okay.

We haven?t won in Denver since Abraham Lincoln was president.

Kiyaman

Legend
Just to be clear to anyone who is not watching, the difference in this game is how badly our 2nd unit got killed in the 2nd quarter in about 6 minutes of play.

Our starters have held their own tonight. Our bench is in bad shape.

Thibs really messed-up the reliable 2nd unit lineup this season (D.Rose are truly missed) .. The Knicks starters still need an identity, and a NBA plan on how to out-score half of the Knicks opponents, the Knicks starters Defense stinks giving-up 110 pts in 3 quarters tonight .. 36 min inwhich the 2nd unit bench players only played 6 min of !!!

mafra

Legend
31 to 12 FT disparity, on a night NYK playing 3rd game in 4 nights?

RJ not 1 FT even tho 19 attempted? 13 inside three-point line?

Odd.

Kiyaman

Legend
No MRob, no Noel, no Grimes, no DRose. Injuries are a part of the game but missing your 3 best defensive players and best PG and missing some of those guys for huge chunks of the season, it?s rough for a team with as little top end talent as ours.

The Knicks missing defensive players tonight (MitchRob, Noel, Grimes, and McBride) has showed us all the non-defensive players in Thibs rotation.
The Knicks top no-effort on the defensive end player were Randle's 35 min of leadership .. Randle should've fouled out within 28 minutes from defending Jokic & Gordon tonight.
The only Knicks player that played relentless defense were Taj Gibson, who fouled out in 27 min !!!

mafra

Legend
Tommy Beer
@TommyBeer
RJ Barrett (who was still in the game for some reason despite the fact the Knicks were down 17 points with less than a minute left in the fourth quarter on the second night of a back-to-back in Denver after RJ logged 93 minutes in NY?s two previous games) just injured his ankle.

mafra

Legend
What are the Knicks now? 2-10 last 12?

Last year it was that 9 game win streak around now? this time?

Off to the lottery.

Oh No!!!
Play RJ as many minutes as it take. Pad the books in garage time and lie about his defense. This has been going on since his first pro game. Got to make him look good for all of his backer. Because that all they have to justify his existence on the team.

Maybe he could have almost won game with a 3 like he did in the Lakers game. Sorry it was 8 seconds on the clock and it couldn?t have won the game? right????

It unfortunate that some of the Knicks fan have to suffer with this incompetent and stupidity from the F.O. to the Bench.

Julius Randle after being asked about Thibs playing starters in closing minute of blowout: ?I got Thibs? back 100%. I trust him. Whatever he asks me to do, I?m going to do it?.

Randle and RJ will get plenty of rest come May

MJ played a lot too

Worth noting that the only people complaining are the fans and the media. Never heard one Knicks player complain about too many minutes, only complaints from the guys getting too few.

Worth noting that the only people complaining are the fans and the media. Never heard one Knicks player complain about too many minutes, only complaints from the guys getting too few.

Maybe you should read the ?The Players only Meeting? thread.
It might enlighten you on what happens to players that speak up!!
That message was sent right after that meeting.

mafra

Legend
Not Thibbs fault players aren?t good enough. Player complains about playing? I want him off my team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Julius Randle after being asked about Thibs playing starters in closing minute of blowout: ?I got Thibs? back 100%. I trust him. Whatever he asks me to do, I?m going to do it?.

Randle's apologizing to the Knick FO days before the trade deadline .. Lame
He supposed to apologize by getting the Knicks some wins

Kiyaman

Legend
Not Thibbs fault players aren?t good enough. Player complains about playing? I want him off my team.

The first season coaching the Knicks, Thibs could've used the "it's not my fault, the players aren't good enough" line.
In the 2nd season as the Knicks head-coach, Knicks fans posed to be talking bout how well coach Thibs got Randle, Barrett, and MitchRob performing on the same-page in the starter lineup in their 2nd season. The trio players above has been in the same lineup for 3 seasons.
The Knicks head coach got fans blaming the Knicks starter lineup poor performance this season on the two new Knicks players added to the lineup.
Wake-up Knicks fans .. A lot of NBA contender teams would luv to have Kemba & Fournier in their rotation before the All-Star game.

All the Knicks big problems and weakness from winning games today, were shown consistently in the Knicks postseason games vs Atlanta Hawks.
Taking Payton out of the playoff rotation for 3 games lead to a 0-3 record without Payton.

mafra

Legend
C apping their 132-115 blowout loss to the Nuggets, Thibodeau?s decision to reinsert RJ Barrett with 3:50 left down 16, and keep him in until the final minute has backfired.

Barrett sprained his left ankle with 18 seconds left and the club still down 16. Barrett is expected to miss Thursday?s game with the Warriors ? and perhaps a few more. Barrett missed nine games with an ankle sprain his rookie year of 2019-20.

Known for his durability, Barrett didn?t miss a single game last season and only sat out this year for COVID-19 protocols. Last season, he led the NBA in minutes played.

Barrett hobbled off the court Tuesday, got treatment late in the night in Denver and didn?t talk to the press. Meanwhile, Randle stuck up for Thibodeau, though he never said the coach made the right call. Randle said Thibodeau is ?our leader?? and ?I?m just a soldier for him.??

?I?ll let ya?ll debate that,?? Randle said. ?The only thing that matters is what?s in our locker room and what we think as players. Like I said, I got Thibs? back 100 percent. I trust him. And whatever he asks me to do, I?m going to do.??

https://nypost.com/2022/02/09/knicks-rj-barrett-out-for-warriors-matchup-with-ankle-sprain/amp/