Center

Knicker Bocker

Benchwarmer
Why does everyone want Isiah to try and get Kwame Brown inhere I believe he's never gone be successful. I think either get a center in the draft or trade fot Jamal Magloire. :101:

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
nice video clip!! jk, Kwame is still very young, and is the biggest example that going straight to the NBA, out of high school isnt all that good. I believe next year is his year, I think if he comes to new york, he will have a group of guys, and some great veterans that can take him, and make him into a great basketball player. I think Washington knows that he is going to be good, they're just upset they got him before he developed. As for Jamal Magloire...i think hes picked out a nice house in Florida, but not for basketball, for his retirement.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Well the reason we say Brown or Curry for that matter is because they are possible. A big guy in the middle that can throw it down and get the occasional block...and yes Magloire does fit that bill BUT I dont really see Orleans giving up Magloire especially in the cheap/young category...

Peach...ONE Magloire is Canadian so hed probably go there haha TWO hes only played 4 years hes got his career in front of him.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
i cant think of jermaine o'neal who went straight to the nba from high school. he was basically useless during his years at portland (he earned a rookie contract, which he wouldnt have gotten if he had gone to college). he then flourished with indiana. kwame brown could be another j. o'neal that flourishes with a few yrs of experience. id love to get him. hes definetely got the natural ability, and hopefully he can fullfill it. i think hes worth betting on.

Knicker Bocker said:
Why does everyone want Isiah to try and get Kwame Brown inhere I believe he's never gone be successful. I think either get a center in the draft or trade fot Jamal Magloire. :101:

Maybe it's because many fans (including myself) might see him as a Jermaine O'Neal type of big man. I wouldn't mind getting him.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
With Herb being a former big man in the NBA, i think he can offer Kwame some things other coches, like the ones in Washington cannot.

a knick fan

Benchwarmer
there's only so much you can "coach". if michael jordan became a coach for shooting guards, i bet he wouldnt be able to do much - every player has different strengths and weaknesses. jordan could stay in the air for a long time. what if he told a young player who has no hops to "hang in the air and try to draw a foul"? what if the player just doesnt have the athletic ability to hang in the air like that, he wont be able to do it. what if he tells a skinny player like richard hamilton to drive to the basket? hamilton wont be able to do it because hes too skinny and hell get pushed around before he ever even reaches the basket. what if he told a young reggie miller to drive more and shoot less? maybe a young reggie millers greatest strength would be to shoot.

what if shaq became a coach for centers and told them, well just back the other guy down and power your way in and dunk on him. its easier said than done, especially if you're not 7'1, 350.

i dont think ewing or herb would necessarily be good coaches for centers. i dont buy into that whole concept that if you were a point guard you would make a good point guard coach.