Favorite Knick of All-Time?

NYKnicks15

Starter
you leave the bench that automatic 1 game suspension...simple as that, stupid as it may sound thats how it goes...but if you think about it say he tries to stop it, then accidentally gets punched then hes gonna throw a blow and so on and so on

H20 OFFdaHizZLe

Benchwarmer
Brian_Coleman_21 said:
Yah, I always respected what Reggie did I just didn't like it. Although, I don't remember Rik Smits being a 3 point shooter, lol.

im pretty sure Rik Smits hit some 3 pointers down the stretch....am i wrong?

NYKnicks15

Starter
7'0 Centers are rare to hit many 3's or take them for that matter, and this is just another one of those occasions...his career total was 3-26 with the 3 ball haha thats a .115%...

actually Wang ZhiZhi is pretty decent from the 3 arc and used to take alot of those 3ball shots...so i take that back .385% career. haha

but nope Rik Smits (who does motor cross now hah) only hit 3 his entire career..

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Are you kidding? Rik Smits, does motocross :lol: :lol:

Thats really funny. Nah, he didn't hit threes though, he was a post up player and knocked down a lot of midrange J's.

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
yea i think brian was just saying that reggie and rik were such big knick killers they can basically hit whatever shot they want, and rik was such a post up player he could hit a halfcourt, behind the back shot, if they were playing us

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
one of my favorite knicks ever is Antony Mason. I mean, this guy was amazing, but i have to say Ewing is the n° 1 in my heart and starks is really close too !

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
i think everyone agreed ewing was the number one... its a no brainer.. but apart from that who did you like to watch the most...

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
It's definitly antony mason, this guy had the power of a PF and the skills of a PG ; with his amazing hair cut too, it was a pleasure to see him play on the court everytime i could. He reprents for me the state of mind of the knicks of the 90's : POWER, SKILLS, D, the WILL to win, and the icing on the cake :THE MADNESS !! :afro: MASE da man !

Brian_Coleman_21

Rotation player
Peach_NYK_21 said:
i think everyone agreed ewing was the number one... its a no brainer.. but apart from that who did you like to watch the most...

Nah, I loved LJ the most. I don't know why, he just appealed to me.

I still love Ewing though. :gony:

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
its sucks how he didnt win a ring though... what i want to happen, is for us to draft Petro and bring back Ewing to help coach him, and any other new, and old big men in their inside game, and help win a championship... i know its a real long shot, but Ewing deserves a ring, even if its as a coach, and it just wouldnt be right if he got it with Houston or any other team than the New York Knicks

JaboloPR

Rookie
Allan Houston, Starks, Ewing, LJ, Anthony Mason, Oakley, Marcus Camby (Remember in 99 how he stepped upd and became a beast, taking charges Oakly-Style?) Personal Favorites -- Ewing, Starks and LJ.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Allan Houston!!! How can you not enjoy that floater against the heat?!?! His jump shot was smooooooooth as hell! Poetry in motion haha
Also he was around when i was old enough to really understand the game!
Houston for coach? haha

My choice for Favorite Knick is very bias I would have to say that my favorite would be my Grandfather Leo "Ace" Gotlieb. Would have been one of the great players of the early years if he didn't blow out his knee and the only treatment they had back then was to amputate! Nah just playing, but he was my Grandfather (passed away before I was born) and he did blow out his knee. Just wish I had the chance to meet him.

My avitar is his team:)

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Larry Johnson - Granmama

Heart, hustle, defense, rebounding, outside shooting, posting up, unselfishness, leadership. The complete player.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I loved Ewing growin up (no homo), I didnt think I would still be a Knicks fan when he got traded. It was tough for me, but Seattle was my 2nd favorite team. The passion that Ewing played with on both ends of the court is unmatched by most players in todays game. Most players are concerned with offense only because they think their points per game is the most important thing.

Some of my other favorites were Charles Oakley, Anthony mason, Stephon Marbury, Latrell Sprewell, Allan Houston, Charlie Ward, Mark Jackson (great passer), Marcus Camby, and John Starks.