Knick fight #3: Stephon vs. Qrich

Starks

Starter
http://www.nj.com/knicks/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1139292699267780.xml&coll=1

We are not even at the all-star break, and the knicks have aldready had 3 reported scuffles in the locker room. This one between Qrich and Steph must have been real bad to have the PR minded Knicks team officials even admit to it.

Stephen A. Smith, said that from what he has learned about the Knicks and their players, there is no one on this team that gets along or even likes Stephon Marbury. I wonder what set Qrich off since he was pin pointed as the aggressor...and atleast he showed a pulse finally.

I know we are in salary cap hell, but this misfit team of loosers needs to be disbanded at all costs. Stories like this don't even surprise me anymore.

Trin_Starr

Starter
This is great news!

Basically I'm sure it went down like this - where Marbury was telling Q WTF is wrong with him - make some goddamn shots...
Somebody needs to let him know he needs to work on his shooting because he sucks bigtime
He was 1-10 last night
He and JC are supposed to be our Shooting Guards - that is guards who can shoot and at a high percentage. Apparently neither of them do it...

You can't even say he's been thru alot - give him a break - he was shooting like shit even b4 his brother was killed...

Then you might want to say this is why Marbury is a cancer because he can't get along with others on the team - F* that - this is what being a leader of a team is all about - calling out players who are playing like shit - making players accountable for the crap they do...

Everyone says Michael Jordan was a great leader - u think anyone on his team ever liked him - no way!
Why because he always demanded too much from his teammates and he pushed them very hard - so they hated him - but they knew without him they were nothing.
He would publicly scold them on the court for a stupid play - but in the end it made them better, more aware players...
It was even more evident in today's NBA that players want to be treated like Prima Donnas...look at when MJ was in WAshington
Stackhouse hated him, Hughes hated him, Kwame wanted to kill him - because they all grew accustomed to the nba being soft on players not trying to hurt feelings and shit like that...

I am happy marbury calls out people who are playing like shit.
Q needs to do something about his freaking shooting.

pat

Starter
this comment is ridiculous. u cannot compare mj and stephon marbury. marbury cannot tell off people, especially not publicly since he does not have one f##king ring! i also disagree with u on your definition of a leader. there is a slight difference between de3manding alot and embarrass your team mates. i cannot see steph as this kind of rolemodel that can make other people better and bolster there self-esteem. i am talking about a steve nash type of player[align=justify]

Trin_Starr

Starter
So u expect Marbury to sit quietly in a corner while these fuckheads get over paid to play like a fucking NBDL player!!!!

You expect him to say
it's ok Q - keep shooting like fucking garbage - while you steal Dolan's money

So if not stephon - who do u expect to open their mouths and blast a player when they play like shit....or I guess you prefer to treat them like royalty and pacify their every whim - no wonder the knicks are a bunch of pussies.

No one was doing it for the past few years - that's why the knicks are one of the softest, shittiest teams in the NBA now.

Starks

Starter
We have Larry to call out players. Not every player is able to have that privelege to scold a teamate for poor play. Only Garnet and Shaq can do that witout looking like an asshole. Its tooo late in the season and his career for Marbury to start acting like a leader. Its just not part of his game, and I think Thomas, Dolan, Larry, the fans, and the rest of the NBA have come to terms with that aspect of Stephon.

Lets just keep it diplomatic and say that Stephon is just as bad a leader as Quentin is a shooting guard.

The thought of them in the same starting lineup just makes me sick these days.

pat

Starter
i just pity for your monodimensional idea of leadership and teamplay. just compare q's numbers and his reputation in phoenix with those in ny. i think this says a lot about the team leader. and i really doubt that criticising in a way that leads to fights is a sign of good leadership.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Na son. The coach can not really relate to his players. As specially an old coach. Leadership is needed by players as well. Q has been a disapointment. Plane and simple. So if Steph decided to call him out, so be it! Steph is the captin of the team. He's not every player. The cap is supose to keep everyone in line. Think about it. Captin! Is that not a leadership position?

pat

Starter
i dont know q or steph personally, but their are ways and means to keep players in line without ending up in a brawl! tim duncan is the leader of san antonio (unquestionably) and you never hear him telling of anybody publically. still he has rings under his belt and probably with a less talented team than the knicks are. i think both things, not doing this public soap opera criticism/getting into brawls with teammates and his rings have something to do with his degree in psychology. he simply knows how to deal with people.
there might be different types of leadership (jordan didnt have a degree in psychology), but if talented team has a record of 14-34 you have to question the leader.

i know that steph is an icon in ny, rags to riches and such, but i want this team to win and i cant see any improvement since he arrived.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I hear what ur saying Pat. But u have to remember this is NYC.
The media here will blow ANY atory out of proportion just to get readers...
I'm not saying that the fight did or did not happen but when u hear things like that it makes u feel like the players actually give a damn about what's going on

It was a players only meeting - meaning that players say what's on their minds.
I am glad that Marbury called out Q. His play has been very subpar since he was bought here.
We need him to make shots if we are to win.

I also understand that some people are not born leaders but when u are one of the senior spokepersons of a team - u need to say something.
They are also different types of leaders
Saddam Hussein is a leader, so is MLK....they have extremely opposite styles of leading but they got the job done either by instilling fear or using compassion.

Yes Duncan is a good leader. So is Nash - but u what they are never going to be Knicks.
We have Marbury. He is stuck with this team whether we like it or not. His contract makes it almost impossible to trade him.
So we must make due with what we have.

Another thing is that many knicks fans don't know what they want.
You said that we should have a calm and collected player like Duncan who is a role model for other players.
We had that type of guy - His name was Houston - then everyone began saying, he is too soft - he needs to get on people - this is NY - u got to caustic in ur attitude for people to take u seriously.

Now we get Marbury who will let u know what u messed up and now we want to go back to having a laid back type of captain?

NYKnicks15

Starter
seeing this is the most biased conversation i have ever read on this site. lets break it down easy. i dont care if you hate Marbury or not. read that report on fact. exclude the names. look at tfacts.

it didnt say they came to blows. IT WAS A HEATED ARGUMENT
he didnt do it publicly. IT WAS IN A PLAYERS MEETING
Steph is a captain. Q-RICH PLAYS LIKE TRASH
Steph is the best player on the team. Q-RICH PLAYS LIKE TRASH

and no im not a marbury koolaid drinker. i like him yes. but i also like q-rich. infact id buy a qrich jersey over a marbury one. i wouldnt ROCK it haha. but id buy it. facts are we need people to step up. and maybe this is a good thing...or not

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
NYKnicks15 said:
seeing this is the most biased conversation i have ever read on this site. lets break it down easy. i dont care if you hate Marbury or not. read that report on fact. exclude the names. look at tfacts.

it didnt say they came to blows. IT WAS A HEATED ARGUMENT
he didnt do it publicly. IT WAS IN A PLAYERS MEETING
Steph is a captain. Q-RICH PLAYS LIKE TRASH
Steph is the best player on the team. Q-RICH PLAYS LIKE TRASH

and no im not a marbury koolaid drinker. i like him yes. but i also like q-rich. infact id buy a qrich jersey over a marbury one. i wouldnt ROCK it haha. but id buy it. facts are we need people to step up. and maybe this is a good thing...or not

Actually I'm glad to see this....I think Marbury should take more of a role and start calling guys out like this. The MJ example was a good one, but MJ also made his guys better...Marbury just doesn't do that.

One reason Marbury might not be getting along with guys well (IF this is true) could be the fact that he seems to be tight with Isiah. Look what happened to Kurt Thomas last year (although I'm sure Kurt is happy it happened now). Marbury is allowed to have too much influence with the front office, and I don't really think he's earned that.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Both players are huge dissapointments. Q for just being pathetically bad at what he is suppose to be good at. All that talk about him playing his inside outside game that he couldnt play in phoenix was a bunch of bullshit. He sucks and he has a big ass contract to go with it. Steph also is a dissapointment the guy can never get his team together to win. Look at the Hornets for god's sake, that team has NO ONE but Chris Paul. Last year they had basically the same team and they were awful. We have more talented players then them but they right now would be in the playoffs. We need to stop all the crap about Kmart and other half ass players with huge contracts and that are hurt and just shut it down and rebuild. The only players we should trade for are role players with small contracts, not washed up bums.

As far as marbury being a captain, bullshit, that guy has no influence over anybody. He is hated and it is not because he is hard on his players or b/c he demands a high level of play. If i had to bet i would say he is hated for being a cocky faggot, who sucks, and has a head the size of a couch (literally and figuratively). He probably walks around thinking who the hell he is. He gets in fights with players b/c they have no respect for him.