just a thought...we all can do something to change this

Starks

Starter
Just wanted to give you guys an update. I came up with a few ideas that I'll be working on to get some publicity. I'll be out of town for a few days, so I'll start working on this when I get back.

here is a 4 step plan:

1. I will do my best to get ESPN's Bill Simmons attention about my proposed first ever "fan-boycott". He publishes interesting letters every week or so, and has the largest readership on espn. Plus he has been publicly feuding with Thomas all season. (Hell he may even help me get some media coverage)

2. I will draft a few rough copies of open letters to James Dolan that can be published, and best be agreed on by most Knick fans.

3. I will try sign up for one of those internet pettitions and shoot it across the globe. With all those names of disenchanted fans, I will try to contact them and estimate how much money we can come up with if everyone was to put in atleast a buck. Once we get an economic figure, I'll see if it is enough for a full page ad in the New York Post and Newsday.

4. I think a website would be good to use as a central location for pissed off knick fans. Myspace.com is free, so maybe a cool pissed off fan would set one up? everyone has a page these days anyway, including myself.

All this so far doesn't cost a thing. And it gives me something to do at work since I slack off all day anyway. Hell, if this plan works out, I'll quit my job!

Keep this post thread alive while I'm gone. Or email me if you think you can help. This all may seem like a fan's desperate way to get players traded, and people fired, but I really just want to see my favorite franchise get better.
-Rich

Toons

is the Bo$$
hey, im new here, always been a knick fan, im from the bahamas, umm, do u guys really think we as knick fans can make a difference from the internet? if there is a way, ill b the first to help out or sign a petition or anything, this has been my worst year as a knick fan, in my opinion, we have the talent offensively to b a contender, but we need defence, we made a lot of trade mistakes, i think if we could have gotten earl watson from denver we would have made a run to finish off our season on a high note. i kno im off the topic a bit, but juss a thought....we need a POINT GUARD.

os2wiz

Rookie
Starks said:
I've been reading so many articles over the last few days tearing both thomas and dolan a new a*hole. Does anyone think we as fans can do anything but stand idly by and watch this team sink lower into earth's mantle (you know, since sinking in the sea already happened in december)?

Organize a boycott?
An explosion of dump-marbury fire-thomas and fire-dolan internet web sites?
A public plea to Donald Trump to buy the team?

A week or two ago ESPN got in contact with this site about a Quite Frankly screening, so this site is obvisously on the radar. I just think that in the modern era of sports, us fans have collective power. This crap with our team would never happen to the Boston Red Sox.

Or I could be just in despair. If all fans chip in, we could buy full page ads in the major papers and submit open letters proposing a boycott. Just imagine the headlines!!!! ESPN would give the Dolan situation 24 hour "Bonds" coverage, and it would put an insane amount of pressure on Dolan to step down, Thomas to step down, Marbury to shut up...all out of national embarassment.

For this team, I would donate 100$ for add space. What about you guys? This has gone too far, and its time to be proactive fans.

We need to send thousands od emails. If you attend NY Knicks games even occasionally state that you attend the Garden games. They have to know they are alienating their paying base of support. If you have Cablevision as your internet provider or cable provider also tell them.

os2wiz

Rookie
I believe we are starting to get through. They have taken down MSG Forums for some starnge reason. It may be just a coincidence, but the timing is suspicious. I beleive they are catching more hell than they had anticipated. Keep sending emails to the Garden.