Realistically - what are our chances??

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
But it's not just Eddy Curry...again you're hate for eddy curry is biasing your opinion. If you aren't KG or Lebron James who carried a franchise right out of HS then you basically slowed the league down...NOT JUST EDDY CURRY

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Lol

Truth be told, Eddy Curry H.S. Coach should have convinced him to go to College for 2 or 4 years. It's players like Eddy Curry which stopped the NBA from drafting H.S. Players.

This 2007-8 season I am not depending on Eddy Curry to help the Knicks WIN games, I am depending on the Nucleus of David Lee, Q.Rich, Balkman, Crawford, and Nate Robinson team-chemistry to improve to take this Knick Team to the Next Level (.500) Team.

It's TEAM-Chemistry Players that WIN games in the NBA.

NATE I DONT BELEIVE WILL BE ON THIS TEAM COME THE START OF THE SEASON. 2 IF CRAWFORD DIDNT HAVE SUCH GOOD CHEMISTRY WITH CURRY HE WOULDNT BE ON THIS TEAM EITHER. NOW FOR LEE RICH AND BALKMAN YES THERE TEAM CHEMISTRY WILL HELP US TO GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL THATS THE REASON THEY ARE ON THE TEAM BUT WITHOUT CURRY THE PLAYERS U NAMED THE KNICKS WOULD PROBABLY HAVE A WORSE RECORD THEN WE HAD LAST YEAR. COME ON BRO CURRY IS A GOOD PLAYER AND IM GLAD HES ON OUR TEAM POINT BLANK :peace::peace:

PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR BABY

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I agree and these knick pessimists won't get it until the season starts when they'll be tasting their own words as appetizers. To the pessimists...Curry is just a scoring Center that is only good for TOs, lack of D, and staying fat. To the optimists...Curry is a scoring machine but his faults are still real but we know he can still improve on those points and believe that he will improve on these points since his career is still young. The latter is more refreshing and easier to deal then the previous type. It's easier to tear someone down than to build them up...I guess that's why ya'll are pessimists huh because no one denied the title...

Kiyaman

Legend
I agree and these knick pessimists won't get it until the season starts when they'll be tasting their own words as appetizers. To the pessimists...Curry is just a scoring Center that is only good for TOs, lack of D, and staying fat. To the optimists...Curry is a scoring machine but his faults are still real but we know he can still improve on those points and believe that he will improve on these points since his career is still young. The latter is more refreshing and easier to deal then the previous type. It's easier to tear someone down than to build them up...I guess that's why ya'll are pessimists huh because no one denied the title...

Curry has SEVEN (7) seasons in the NBA!

Kwame = Curry (you have to be optimistic about both or none)
Kwame has Coach Phil Jackson so you can expect gradual improvement each season.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

lol, i knew ppl didnt like curry but damn comparing em to kwame brown, thats just disrespect, ya need to stop hating on curry cuz he is showing dat he cares and he is willing to improve

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

Come on Kwame. Your starting to sound like your other half. (He likes to ride the subway. Hint, hint) If you truly were a coach you should be able to recognize Curry's skill. I know he's got faults but to compare him to Kwame that's just nonsense. Curry was on the verge of being an All-Star. You can't compare that to Kwame Brown. But I'm going to still give you respect cause your an old head that knows that game.

Pessimists don't bother me much. They are like religious extremists. No one takes them seriously. You guys get all wined up, chill. The posts aren't even making sense any more. No matter what good happens every other post is what Zek did 4 years ago. But if you bring up what Scott Layden did then that's going too far back. LOL. The way I see it, if you can bring a team to the play off level you are not a bad X,O coach. Can't be. For business reasons coaches get fired if they can't get over the hump. Van Gundy got fired, does that mean he's a bad X,O coach? But if you say any thing pro coach or pro current Knicks line up, the nutjob posters will call you gay. The whole thing is funny to me. I just read a post about Keith Van Horn, as if trading him is the reason we are losing and in cap hell.

It has often been said that Thomas' trades have made other teams better. What are Naziar Muhammad, Antonio Davis, Othella Harrington and so many others doing to make teams better now? Not shit! I liked Muhammad and Harrington but they were back up, bench roll players their very best. Knicks were starting backups for years. I hated that about the team. Now we've got a solid, solid line up filled with chemistry, athleticism and the desire to win. Every report that we've read indicates that many key players are working hard during the summer. Even Nate is talking about getting Team members involved. I'm not so sure that Nate will be traded. As specially now that a reported bond is being established with Curry. Smart move Nate! There aren't any great PG prospects out right now and Nate seems to be coming along, I'd hold on to him. He's quick, can hit the three ball and can block shots. If he can learn to get the team involved,(not to mention he's watching Steve Nash tapes) I don't see why he can't improve. We've made enough changes. Basic plan nedded: Feed Curry the ball, Randolph will support him with rebounding and offense, kick the ball out to Q, Marbury when doubled, take care of the ball, make much more free throws. This is much easier said than done but if this is accomplished this year the play offs will be an inevitability.

benwogu3

Rookie
lol....When has Kwame Brown demanded a double team?....Don't ever try to make that comparison again unless Kwame improves dramatically

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Kuame = Curry

SEE NOW THATS JUST CRAZY. CRAZY YOU LOST ALL RESPECT WITH THAT ONE I DONT CARE WHO THE COACH IS IF THAT WAS THE CASE EVERY ONE THAT PLAYS FOR PHIL HAS A CHANCE TO BE AS GOOD AS JORDAN LOL. YOUR A MESS BRO SERIOUSLY:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Come on Kwame. Your starting to sound like your other half. (He likes to ride the subway. Hint, hint) If you truly were a coach you should be able to recognize Curry's skill. I know he's got faults but to compare him to Kwame that's just nonsense. Curry was on the verge of being an All-Star. You can't compare that to Kwame Brown. But I'm going to still give you respect cause your an old head that knows that game.

Pessimists don't bother me much. They are like religious extremists. No one takes them seriously. You guys get all wined up, chill. The posts aren't even making sense any more. No matter what good happens every other post is what Zek did 4 years ago. But if you bring up what Scott Layden did then that's going too far back. LOL. The way I see it, if you can bring a team to the play off level you are not a bad X,O coach. Can't be. For business reasons coaches get fired if they can't get over the hump. Van Gundy got fired, does that mean he's a bad X,O coach? But if you say any thing pro coach or pro current Knicks line up, the nutjob posters will call you gay. The whole thing is funny to me. I just read a post about Keith Van Horn, as if trading him is the reason we are losing and in cap hell.

It has often been said that Thomas' trades have made other teams better. What are Naziar Muhammad, Antonio Davis, Othella Harrington and so many others doing to make teams better now? Not shit! I liked Muhammad and Harrington but they were back up, bench roll players their very best. Knicks were starting backups for years. I hated that about the team. Now we've got a solid, solid line up filled with chemistry, athleticism and the desire to win. Every report that we've read indicates that many key players are working hard during the summer. Even Nate is talking about getting Team members involved. I'm not so sure that Nate will be traded. As specially now that a reported bond is being established with Curry. Smart move Nate! There aren't any great PG prospects out right now and Nate seems to be coming along, I'd hold on to him. He's quick, can hit the three ball and can block shots. If he can learn to get the team involved,(not to mention he's watching Steve Nash tapes) I don't see why he can't improve. We've made enough changes. Basic plan nedded: Feed Curry the ball, Randolph will support him with rebounding and offense, kick the ball out to Q, Marbury when doubled, take care of the ball, make much more free throws. This is much easier said than done but if this is accomplished this year the play offs will be an inevitability.

A logical post. It's good to see these things still happen! I don't know why fans are so fixated on the glass being half empty. I just wish they'd complain after they saw a negative take place, like a 1-10 start. No one thinks this team will do anything. I have a feeling that this group of PROFESSIONALS will band together to make us proud that we believed in them. I saw a Laker playoff game. It declared that Kwame Brown had arrived. He had 19 Pts and 6 Rebs. How many better nights of production did Curry have, and he and the Knicks can't even get on tv! Ridiculous!

Trin_Starr

Starter
some more Artest news....nothing concrete though

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nba/blog/2007/08/ron_artest_in_nyc.html

Artest still hasn't asked the Kings to trade him, but he reiterated that he wouldn't be upset if he got traded to the Knicks. He did point out for the first time that he doesn't think a trade will happen this offseason because, "I don?t think anybody will give me up the way I?ve been working out this summer."

* He believes Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry will be able to co-exist in the paint the way he and Jermaine O'Neal did in Indiana. "If you double Zach, you?ve got Eddy down there and you can?t stop Eddy from dunking," Artest said. "Same thing with Zach."

* If the new-look Celtics play together, they're going to be "a monster," according to Artest. Agreed.

* Artest has spoken with Jamal Crawford, a former teammate of his with the Bulls, this summer, as well as Renaldo Balkman. "He's my boy," Artest said of Balkman. "I told him I wouldn?t trade myself for him."

Kiyaman

Legend
SEE NOW THATS JUST CRAZY. CRAZY YOU LOST ALL RESPECT WITH THAT ONE I DONT CARE WHO THE COACH IS IF THAT WAS THE CASE EVERY ONE THAT PLAYS FOR PHIL HAS A CHANCE TO BE AS GOOD AS JORDAN LOL. YOUR A MESS BRO SERIOUSLY:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

I'm sure each one of you remember Kwame first five seasons in the league with Wizard-Fans each offseason saying Kwame will be better next season.
When Lakers signed him the Laker-Fans started preaching the same thing each offseason (go to their board this offseason).
Kwame talents has improved but little at a time, and the same can be said about Eddy Curry. Now the matchup of Curry vs Kwame in a game and which one talents help their team WIN I'll let you figure that one out?

Kiyaman

Legend
Knick Blog

Knick Blog

The Sacremento Kings got the player the Knicks need to be a WINNING Team and it isnt Ron Artest. It's a Swap of Marbury for Bibby.
But Isiah will never trade Marbury or Curry, when in reality the two players Halfcourt Offensive game has to many Flaws with no chemistry and no defense to keep trying to build a team around with different Players.

The 33 WIN season is either poor coaching or the tandem of "Marbury & Curry" doing. You chose?

Coach Larry Brown tried every lineup possible with (STARTERS) Marbury & Curry for an entire season, but it was the next season with Coach Isiah Thomas that proved the Marbury & Curry Tandem is holding this Knick Team from Winning.
Marbury average just 5.4 assist in his second season with Curry in the Starting Lineup.

Marbury & Curry was the Knicks "Starters & Finishers" on the court for a 33 WIN season. Those two player Nucleus should be in the area or somewhat like the offense of "Parker & Duncan", "Shaq & Wade", "Nash & Amare", or Deron & Okur, or even TJ Ford & Barg.

The March season injuries to Q.Rich, Lee, and Crawford should not have had such a strong affect on this Knick-Team with a healthy Marbury & Curry leading the offense and defense on this team. It was their job to create a two or three man offense, and a two or three man defense.
Sorry, there is no excuse for a 33 WIN season with a healthy Marbury & Curry...<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

Kiyaman

Legend
some more Artest news....nothing concrete though

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/nba/blog/2007/08/ron_artest_in_nyc.html

Artest still hasn't asked the Kings to trade him, but he reiterated that he wouldn't be upset if he got traded to the Knicks. He did point out for the first time that he doesn't think a trade will happen this offseason because, "I don?t think anybody will give me up the way I?ve been working out this summer."

* He believes Zach Randolph and Eddy Curry will be able to co-exist in the paint the way he and Jermaine O'Neal did in Indiana. "If you double Zach, you?ve got Eddy down there and you can?t stop Eddy from dunking," Artest said. "Same thing with Zach."

* If the new-look Celtics play together, they're going to be "a monster," according to Artest. Agreed.

* Artest has spoken with Jamal Crawford, a former teammate of his with the Bulls, this summer, as well as Renaldo Balkman. "He's my boy," Artest said of Balkman. "I told him I wouldn?t trade myself for him."

Great Post!!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Knick Blog

The Sacremento Kings got the player the Knicks need to be a WINNING Team and it isnt Ron Artest. It's a Swap of Marbury for Bibby.
But Isiah will never trade Marbury or Curry, when in reality the two players Halfcourt Offensive game has to many Flaws with no chemistry and no defense to keep trying to build a team around with different Players.

The 33 WIN season is either poor coaching or the tandem of "Marbury & Curry" doing. You chose?

Coach Larry Brown tried every lineup possible with (STARTERS) Marbury & Curry for an entire season, but it was the next season with Coach Isiah Thomas that proved the Marbury & Curry Tandem is holding this Knick Team from Winning.
Marbury average just 5.4 assist in his second season with Curry in the Starting Lineup.

Marbury & Curry was the Knicks "Starters & Finishers" on the court for a 33 WIN season. Those two player Nucleus should be in the area or somewhat like the offense of "Parker & Duncan", "Shaq & Wade", "Nash & Amare", or Deron & Okur, or even TJ Ford & Barg.

The March season injuries to Q.Rich, Lee, and Crawford should not have had such a strong affect on this Knick-Team with a healthy Marbury & Curry leading the offense and defense on this team. It was their job to create a two or three man offense, and a two or three man defense.
Sorry, there is no excuse for a 33 WIN season with a healthy Marbury & Curry...<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

I've tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but you have lost all credibility. Your comparison of Brown and Curry is a disgrace. Kwame has been an underachiever his entire career. You are correct there was allot of hype but that's all it was, HYPE...

You've got to be consistent Kiyaman. Now Marbury is holding us back. Marbury proved Larry Brown wrong. He proved Brown didn't know what to do with this team. He changed the line ups more than any coach in NBA history. Red Holzman was turning in his grave after that non-coaching season. The very next year Marbury stepped up on defense and got the team involved. Injuries of key players shouldn't have an affect on winning? News flash there isn't a Kobe or a Labron on this team. We don't have players on that level. Curry was stopped by the double team and Lee was the only PF. Let's not even talk about Frye or Jeffries. I agree Bibby is a good PG but he's no Marbury.

NYC-BOY

Benchwarmer
Can Someone Tell Me If This Would Work

:alert:I LIKE THIS IDEA CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS WOULD WORK

Trade for Artest and Kobe...the kings will get in return: Jared Jefrries,Lamar Odom,Randolf Morris and Jamal Crawford. The Pacers will get Kevin Martin, Shereef A. Rahim, Andrew Bynum and Q. Richardson. The knicks then get Kobe and Artest..while the Lakers get..J. Oneal, Mardy Collins, Jerome James, David Lee and Mike:alert::beer::peace::crossfingers: