Love Chris Mullin; But I don't want him in NY

I like Chris Mullin, but I don't see him doing too much better a job than Isiah. How can I say this, he just put together a team that is responsible for one of the biggest upsets in NBA history. He made GS relevant again, he convinced Donny Nelson to coach again, he landed Baron Davis, Al Harrington, and Stephen Jackson, so how could I not want him.

First off from a image stand point he is no doubt an upgrade. He's a New York City guy, with a good rep amoung his peers, a former Dream Teamer (and Pacer!, but nobodies perfect) and a good guy. Bottom line everything Isiah isnt (if you think I'm IT hating just peep the name), so why not have him be our next GM. Because his moves are nothing more than Isiah moves that just happened to work!

Allow me to explain....Chris Mullins has taking just as many chances on players as Isiah has, but his moves just happened to work out. I think that his group of players are just as talanted as the Knicks but have meshed whereas the Knicks haven't. I don't give that credit to the GM, but the coach. I mean he got Baron Davis because he and Hornets had a fallen out, he got Al Jefferson and Jackson because Indy wanted to clean up it's image. These are the type of scenarios at which Isiah got most of his players!

If the Heat part with Pat Riley I like him as a GM (no not a coach he wouldn't take the job, but would be supportive of Herb as the coach). We need a proven buisness savy GM who can get salvage our cap situation, and who also knows how to assemble a winning team. I also like Colangelo and West, but West is highly unlikely, however we give us a better shot at landing Kobe in a couple of years if we wanted to go that route. But Colangelo could get us under the cap, and has done well in the draft (important because we could be headed for the lottery this summer).