What we should do instead of watching the Knicks

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Knicks Online Members - Let's play in a league

Hey guys,
I've been looking on Craigslist.com to try and find a basketball league to play in, but it seems like no one in this city plays.

I want to join a league, and be able to play 1,2 or 3 times a week.
It's been two years since I played organized basketball and I only played a few pick up games this past Summer. My time off the court made me pick up some nasty habits (smoking). So I'm trying to stop and I think playing bball would help me since I have to stay in shape and be able to last on the court.

Anyway is anyone with me? Will anyone be interested in joining a league with me and maybe some fellow members of this board? Or are you already on a team and need one more player?

FYI:
I'm 27 years old
6'4"
160lbs

I've always played Center but have an itch to bring the ball up once in a while. I can block some shots (and change shots) grab some rebounds and drop some bombs from the outside once in a while.

Well let's GO! maybe some of our games would be on nights that the Knicks play. At least we can win a few games and feel good about basketball once again.

All games would have to be after 5pm since thats when I get off of work

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Good idea.
I am 17 in January. 6 feet. 180lbs. Primary Position SG. Secondary Position SF.
Quick for my size, I can out rebound any of you guys. Inside and Threes are my favorite spots to shoot.. Mid range I choke.

Special move. Cross over drive. I love that. No fade aways. but I got some crazy layups I can do. Other thing. The best part is people don't think I can play, so when I show them and prove them its over.

Tri state area ball. YMCA host basketball leagues... OH! MSG Hosts 3v3 tournments before the last man standing tournment.. When I turn 18 I am there.

metrocard

Legend
19 years old
5"9
159 lbs
limited basketball ability

I would fuck anyone here up in wrestling and boxing though.

I guess I could be an Artest version of the PG position

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Well I'm lookingaround, you guys should to and keep this thread alive see if we can actually get sometihng done.

NYKnicks, you better be on my team because if you're not, you may get an elbow to the ribs.

Metro, your back, lol!

Guys lets get it together

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
20 years old
5'11"
148 pounds
Whatever position you need me to play, I'll play
Average post player, inconsistent jumper
average ball handler, Great rebounder
Great defender, I dont care how much bigger you are I've guarded people over 200 pounds.
Made out of plastic (like Balkmen)
Scores mainly off of offensive rebounds

Knicks comparison: Q-Rich(last year), David Lee

I hate losing and I'll do anything to help my team win, but I live too far away.

As a fighter, I got long arms great agility and Im much stronger then that 148 pounds might have you thinkin. Ive knuckled down people way bigger then me, I'm hard to hit, but I cant take a good punch. Im a good wrestler too.
I dont actually box but I think I'd be good except for my chin. My type of matchup would be against someone stronger, but slower. Like I said Im hard to hit.

Although I'm much stronger then that 148 may indicate, Im still givin up too much weight to go against any of yall but I still wouldnt back down.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
i i guest iam da young one am 18 6*3 of height and 195 pounds i like being a small foward i plar varcity for my high school

nyKnicks126

Man we need you cris...You be the PF. HA the elbow move. any listens to Barbito Garcia?

C. Youadmireme or Cris
PF. Cris or yam
SF. nyK (me)
SG. Msg or metro
PG. Metro. or msg.

Anyone can pass? we need that. I got the rebounds, offensive hustle, and I am quick WITH the ball.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
We'll put Metro at the point and I'll be the 2 guard. Dont expect much offense from me, but unlike Crawford I wont allow the sg on the opposing team to constantly drive on me.

YouadmireMe will play powerforward, Knicksfancris will play center. He is a monster at 6'3" 195 pounds. Who are our opponents?

One and Only?

metrocard

Legend
I could make passes like this....Arroyo style.

Lets have MSG at SG...he's the most well rounded player.

Knicks126 @ SF...He's tall and can rebound, we'll have the advantage at center.

knicksfancris @ PF...he's 195 lbs

youadmireme2 is center automatically

MSG33, 1 and Only is like 43 years old and likes little boys, not a safe idea.

nyKnicks126

lol. Thats would be a nice team. I know Metro lives in NY. If we want to make a team we should meet at a gym somewhere.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
youadmireme2 probably has some hops bein only 160. Sounds like a taller version of myself, but I dont have that great of hops. I look like someone who could jump but I cant but that dont matter, I got good footwork and alot of determination on the defensive end.

How about we take on the Knicks? Without Marbury, I think we can beat them. Metro, you would have Crawford on you. Easy matchup for you, me and Fred Jones would cancel each other out. NYKnicks126 is quicker then Q-rich, another advantage for team Knicksonline.com.

At powerforward, Knicks fancris is way to quick for Zach. Zach would need an oxygen tank by halftime and same goes for curry. Youadmireme would be to quick and athletic for him. If we bring some food from Burger King and give it to Zach and Eddy, we can slow them down even more.

Cakalusa

Benchwarmer
I've actually been seeking a league myself, but since I live out in Long Island, it's rather difficult (and impractical) to travel to the city ($16 LIRR) for each game--not including practice.

But here on the courts, they call me Rubberman (albeit, I've lost a bit of agility over the years) for being able to wrap my arms around bodies while laying-up. I also have an And1 mentality I should really get rid of.

5'9
PG

Pros: Stamina, speed, handling, agility, driving, hustle
Cons: Shot selection, needs motivation to play 100%, missing easy shots but making difficult ones

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
im...14 lolz...but i love playing basketball...thats all i do...i can SHOOT pretty good...suckz at the line dow >_< really good defender alwais defend the best player even if there 2 times my height and quicker...oo yea quick of the dribble...and weight 135 5'7...i play good shooting guard...might be small but i can make up 4 my shooting and my defending...2 more years 1 more year 2 play varsity cuz im 2 young and need 2 be in the 11th grade >_>
oo yea stamina 2...and my ball handling is good enough 2 get me a open shot but nuttin fancy simple threw the back, threw legs and good at faking...

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im not sure what the last thing you sed was, about the back legs but finally someone smaller then me!!!!

I really shouldnt be happy though, you are 6 years younger too. In 2 years, you will probably be heavier then I am now. Its sad that I only have 13 pounds on you but Im tryin to gain weight. We can use your shot and defense though, it sounds like you got game like Jesus Shuttlesworth. He dont play d though. Or maybe he does now, I dont know I hate the Celtics.

Cakalusa, you sound like you got game 2. Our teams startin to look good, those Knicks are goin down.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
well i do work out...i was skinny before and was 120 liek 2 months ago..now ima 130 got my shoulders big and chest and stomach...and yea i wanna go 2 the nba but ha! chances of those are slim...and like the only thing i need 2 work in is finding open people i alwais miss them >_< but my shot i like alot...i just need a coach to teach me how 2 play smarter because my shot is like sharp...all i do is play basketball...i recently got hurt because of playing basketball...fractured my nose and it got me mad because i had like mad points i was killing them so bad and they kept puttin diffrent guys on me intill some dude that cant play rams his head 2 my nose... >_< now i think i need a mask...o wellz i love playing wit older people...mite get rejected acouple of times but im sure ill make a shot in there face =D

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
keep playin and workin hard, who knows? The harder you work the better your chances are, Im finally figurin out what hard work can do for someone now and Im 6 years older. It could be worse though, Curry is 25 now and he dont know nuthin about hard work. Stay away from Burger King, eat rite cuz bad things will slow you down. Just watch Curry play, I know hes your favorite player and its not that i dont like him, I just dont like him on this team or at least in the starting lineup. He gettin paid too much money to be comin off the bench though. Detroit would be a good team for him, Hes gotta be next to a pf who plays good defense.

GetRealistic

Starter
I live in Central Jersey so its basically irrelevant.

6'3 195
Played played ball all through highschool. Actually held my school record for assists up until last year. Which i'm still pissed about. Played college ball for two years at Rider University (MAAC school in Jersey) quit after my sophomore season because i played about 15 minutes in two seasons. If its somehow possible for me to meet up i'd love to play some all. Shit anything that keeps me from watching the Knicks is a good idea.

nyKnicks126

My nicknames Big Baby Hamilton, Starbury (sorry Marbury), lil big man, young m, my favorite- Rhino, Monster man. Thats it.

metrocard

Legend
I live in Central Jersey so its basically irrelevant.

6'3 195
Played played ball all through highschool. Actually held my school record for assists up until last year. Which i'm still pissed about. Played college ball for two years at Rider University (MAAC school in Jersey) quit after my sophomore season because i played about 15 minutes in two seasons. If its somehow possible for me to meet up i'd love to play some all. Shit anything that keeps me from watching the Knicks is a good idea.

Oh shit

I go to Manhattan.

nyKnicks126

If you guys got access to youtube and a camera try to film your game. Your pros, and cons. Post it on youtube then on here.