Back to the Curry & Zach Tandem

Kiyaman

Legend
The Curry & Zach Tandem lead this Knick-Team to a 7-16 perfomance so far.
The TWO PLAYERS supposed to be a "TANDEM"! not individual play.

The two have little co-existing together on offense and NO co-existing on Defense in their last 23 games.
Every Member in here should've known there is NO Miracle on 33st. when concerning Curry & Zach.
Last Season they both may have had their best NBA career performance, but look where their TEAMS came in the Lottery.

Curry & Zach Team-Performance with their Teammates last season (2006-7) was so POOR that they did not deserve a Vacation this offseason.
It was too obvious that their passing-game, defensive-game, and turnover-game needed alot of overtime work this offseason on draft night when the two were put together.
The POOR Leadership of President/Coach Isiah Thomas should've forced
Eddy Curry & Zach Randolph to show up at Mark Aquire Big Man Camp three days before it open in July, because of their POOR Team Performance lastseason. Their individual defense performance outweighed their offensive performance.
By both Players not participating in any workouts or scrimage games together this offseason with their Knick teammates resulted in this 7-16 record.
We all know about Marbury being the problem, but the buck cant be passed to Marbury when the Two Bigmen has not showed any domination on either side of the court in 23 straight games.

The Boston BIG-3 did not have a Vacation this past offseason, they were in the Gym or promoting the Boston Celtics this entire past offseason. The results so far is a 19-2 record with 14 Blowouts. If they get swept in the first round (which I doubt, their co-existing performance with their teammates say Conference FINALS) they could take a vacation this comming offseason from June to December 2008. They SOLD-OUT 85% of every stadium they played in so far, and more sold-out performances to come.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I think one problem we've had is that Zach didn't come here and try to fit into the existing Knick offense. He came here and the Knicks tried to fit into Zach's game.

This team was playing .500 ball for a long time last year until the injuries. It did that by making Curry the centerpiece of the offense. That should have continued. They should have used Zach in the post when Curry was out. Otherwise, Zach should have been the second offensive option hitting mid range jumpers and rebounding. His numbers would have gone down from Portland, but the Knicks would be a lot better with Zach that role than Frye.

Part of the problem is that Zach has a that "give me the ball" mentality that is actually a good thing. But we needed to reign that in and force him to fit in, not the other way around.

metrocard

Legend
Right now, Knicks nation are cool with Zach Randolph, 20 and 10 guy...skilled player.

But don't say I never warned you...if Knicks plan to have a future in Randolph, just like Crawford and Curry; I predict not much success. Randolph failed in Portland just like how Crawford and Curry didn't amount to nothing in Chicago...I just love how Isiah invites a roster of failure players to one of the most legendary basketball franchises in the world...what an asshole.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think one problem we've had is that Zach didn't come here and try to fit into the existing Knick offense. He came here and the Knicks tried to fit into Zach's game.

This team was playing .500 ball for a long time last year until the injuries. It did that by making Curry the centerpiece of the offense. That should have continued. They should have used Zach in the post when Curry was out. Otherwise, Zach should have been the second offensive option hitting mid range jumpers and rebounding. His numbers would have gone down from Portland, but the Knicks would be a lot better with Zach that role than Frye.

Part of the problem is that Zach has a that "give me the ball" mentality that is actually a good thing. But we needed to reign that in and force him to fit in, not the other way around.
I have to disagree. We didn't get Zach for him to try and "fit in". We got him for his ability to put up double doubles every night, which is exactly what he's been doing consistently since he's been here. Curry's slip in production this year has very little to do with Zach. As a matter of fact, Zach takes way more outside shots than I would have imagined, so Curry still has most of the paint to himself on most nights. Also, I see no problem with the team fitting into Zach's game since it is those same numbers that we have been trying to get from Curry since he's gotten here.

The problem with Curry is that he has no voice. He will not demand the ball on offense and linger around the paint for 4 or 5 plays with no production. If anything, we should be happy that Zach brought his 10+ rpg with him because Curry won't do it. Curry's numbers have gone down because of Curry just like Zach's numbers have stayed the same because of Zach. I actually give Zach props for coming here and maintaining the production that he put up in Portland. If he was giving less, you would be saying that he's not the player we though he would be.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
yea he is passin more atleast...problem is he cant pass...causing turnovers...idk i doubt he care much dow i see him just wanting his stats up

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Burger King James will come back to save the day!

-James, who had surgery last month to have a cyst removed off his foot, is back practicing and feels he could be the missing ingredient. “I've been a shotblocker my entire career," James told The Post. “Back to college. They need a defensive player. We've got great scorers."

-The Post reported Thomas recently telling James to expect to be in the rotation. “[Isiah] just encouraged me to keep working hard," James said. “What motivates me is just watching us play. Because if I'm in the rotation, I'm going to do what I have to do to stop my guy, block a shot or put him on his back."

:smokin::teeth::smokin:

and the countdown starts: 2 weeks (supposedly)

..... uh huh suuurreee :smokin:

NYKnicks15

Starter
if he actually can do that. then more power to him. send curry to the bench and plop (literally) jerome james into the center position. it cant be that hard to take up space and knock people around... can it?

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
I would like to think james will get a chance. what the hell do we pay him for.

The knick team runs their offence through Zbo and Curry. These players are too fat and are both underachievers. None can block a shot or play any defence.

Both are on contacts that warrants them big minutes which unfortunately means they will continue playing.

None are bench warmers, but one of them will have to give up their game time.

James could fit in at the five. He has played playoffs as a starting centre. Eddy curry has not.

The role of a centre in basketball is to defend the post. Curry doesnt. James does.

James is crap at offence, and hopefully has lost some weight. But he can play d, and he is a big body.

Starting Lineup

marbury
qrich
balkman
randolph
james.

paris401

Starter
Starting Lineup
marbury
qrich
balkman
randolph
james.

holy shit... that's a lineup that will have the spurs quivering in their cowboy boots...

but in defense of the above lineup... why not... can those 5 do any worse then we are doing now??? fuk-it lets go for it...