Daily News:Isiah phasing out Marbury

Wtf!!!!

Dude,OMFG!!!!! I read today the super inconsistent Jamal Crawful has a green light to shoot but not Marbury.WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! One Rocket claims Jamal is Isiah's pet!! Isiah needs to go.Period.Do not pass go.Do not collect $200.Finished ,end of story!!! If he can be that dumb he must go now!!!!!!!!!

Speak tha truth brotha! Steph is 100 times betta that jamal! Thomas is just an a$$ kissing wanna be coach!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Dude,OMFG!!!!! I read today the super inconsistent Jamal Crawful has a green light to shoot but not Marbury.WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! One Rocket claims Jamal is Isiah's pet!! Isiah needs to go.Period.Do not pass go.Do not collect $200.Finished ,end of story!!! If he can be that dumb he must go now!!!!!!!!!

Im wonderin if theres anything homo goin on with these 2, in all honesty why do you think Isiah loves Jamal so much? I really cant figure this 1 out.

wow yo i still cant believe how bad Francis pwnt jamal...wow yo...i mean he did change his number because of Isiah and shyt and wow...i would be like mad if i was jamal yo lolz

If I was Crawford I would tell Isiah that hes wrong and I would ask him to give me less minutes.

Speak tha truth brotha! Steph is 100 times betta that jamal! Thomas is just an a$$ kissing wanna be coach!

Keep layin down the facts, Crawford should be traded or benched and Isiah must Die!!!!!

reckoning

Benchwarmer
MSGKnickz33 said:
Im wonderin if theres anything homo goin on with these 2, in all honesty why do you think Isiah loves Jamal so much? I really cant figure this 1 out.

that's the only thing that would make sense. it's certainly not jamal's incredible consistency and amazing ball-handling skills. homo fully intended.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't know, man. Okur's not a shotblocker, and he's so occupied in the perimeter, that people will probably still score on us.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
God can you please not refer to him as Starbury. He's not star, Stars lead there teams, stars win playoff series. The Knicks have no stars. As sad as i sounds its tough to find a mediocre player on this team.

Donating part of his millions to charity doesn't mean he cares about the fans. Caring about the fans would mean showing up every night. And if you honestly say he plays hard every night, your crazy.

Isiah is the definition of a douchebag but do you really think he intentionally wants to lose. And Crawford is probably the worst PG in the league but atleast he hasn't alienated all of his teammates. The PG is position of leadership and hes simply not a leader.

But be my guess and continue to support him
Walt Frazier has always considered Marbury a star, and he has said on numerous occasions that he has hall of fame numbers. I think I will listen to a legend's opinion that knows more about basketball than you, and that knows what a team needs to win.

mugili716

Benchwarmer
yea fo sho okur is ok, but he wouldnt do us any good.. now boozer, or even kirelenko that would do us so justice for reals.. i know kirelenko was unhappy a while back maybe we can look into some sort of deal for him?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
that's the only thing that would make sense. it's certainly not jamal's incredible consistency and amazing ball-handling skills. homo fully intended.

Your right, good point. Jamal Crawford and Isiah are clearly homo lovers who shower together after games. This is the only reasonable explanation as to how Crawford gets so many minutes.

Walt Frazier has always considered Marbury a star, and he has said on numerous occasions that he has hall of fame numbers. I think I will listen to a legend's opinion that knows more about basketball than you, and that knows what a team needs to win.

I dont think he even watches the Knicks, probably just looks at the boxscores.

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
meh

does it really matter anymore.

yes, unfortunately apathy has set in on this die hard. yet i still watch the games. (tear drop)

:wallbash:

Pricey

Rotation player
There is no point guard in the league that could carry this side into the playoffs. Marbury is a potential All-Star calibre player and when he is trying to make plays for 2 guys who would rather be at McDonalds then playing for a professional basketball organisation.
Whatever has happened in the past should stay at the past for the well-being of this season and for more to come.
Isiah should bit the bullet and start Marbury and let him try to be a leader, this is the time where Marbury needs to stand up and be what he can be.
Fk Jamal, sit his ass on the bench and give him 10mins here and there. Marbury and Nate need to lead for the rest of the season

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
There is no point guard in the league that could carry this side into the playoffs. Marbury is a potential All-Star calibre player and when he is trying to make plays for 2 guys who would rather be at McDonalds then playing for a professional basketball organisation.
Whatever has happened in the past should stay at the past for the well-being of this season and for more to come.
Isiah should bit the bullet and start Marbury and let him try to be a leader, this is the time where Marbury needs to stand up and be what he can be.
Fk Jamal, sit his ass on the bench and give him 10mins here and there. Marbury and Nate need to lead for the rest of the season

I agree but Marbury has to prove he can still guard shooting guards the way he did last year. Everyone knows I believe in him but I dont know how much time it will take him to get back into great shape.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

I'll take the opinions of people that have played with him (e.g. Kenyon Martin, Kendall Gill, Kurt Thomas, Q. Rich, Malik Rose, etc.):

"Always miserable," Kurt Thomas once said of Marbury, who came to New York as surly as advertised.

"For a while, no one would talk to Steph when he came into the locker room," said one Knick. "He was being very quiet."

All of the players mentioned previously have publically stated their dislike of Marbury and how he negatively effects a locker room everywhere he goes. Yes, he is the best player on this team and does have hall of fame numbers, but he is a horrible teammate and will probably never get into the hall of fame because of this.

If Marbury is such a "Star", why will no team take him. He is untradeable and even if we buy him out, I still wonder if any team will sign him because of his locker room reputation.

I know this site is a Marbury support site but please:

1.)No responses to this post with stats. Everything I have mentioned has nothing to do with stats.

2.)No responses stating the obvious (i.e. Marbury is better than Crawford and Curry)

3.)No responses stating that I am in love with Isiah

The sooner Isiah is fired, Marbury is bought out and the entire starting five is traded for expiring contracts and draft picks, the sooner the Knicks can begin heading in the right direction.

That's what this is all about, right? Eventually winning a championship. The Knicks will never win a championship with Marbury. The damage has been done and therefore he needs to go.

All of the players mentioned previously have publically stated their dislike of Marbury and how he negatively effects a locker room everywhere he goes. Yes, he is the best player on this team and does have hall of fame numbers, but he is a horrible teammate and will probably never get into the hall of fame because of this.

If Marbury is such a "Star", why will no team take him. He is untradeable and even if we buy him out, I still wonder if any team will sign him because of his locker room reputation.

1.)No responses to this post with stats. Everything I have mentioned has nothing to do with stats.

2.)No responses stating the obvious (i.e. Marbury is better than Crawford and Curry)

The sooner Isiah is fired, Marbury is bought out and the entire starting five is traded for expiring contracts and draft picks, the sooner the Knicks can begin heading in the right direction.

That's what this is all about, right? Eventually winning a championship. The Knicks will never win a championship with Marbury. The damage has been done and therefore he needs to go.

I am no Marbury fan, but like you said he is far and away the best player on this team. Last season, after an awful start, he rebounded with the best all around season of his career. In his deferring to Curry and his commitment to defense he finally showed signs of turning the corner in becoming a 'winning' basketball player. Then season after 5 or 6 games Isiah bails on him for Mardy Collins???? I'd be annoyed to if I was Marbury.

The funniest thing of all this is that Isiah has been such an asshat towards Marbury that Steph has become what I thought was impossible, a sympathetic figure. If Marbury gets bought out there will indeed be a market for him and something tells me he will rebound from his awful Knick experience with some good basketball to finish out his career.

The only thing I pray for is that they don't trade him for another larger, even longer contract. His expiring contract for next season will be a commodity.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'll take the opinions of people that have played with him (e.g. Kenyon Martin, Kendall Gill, Kurt Thomas, Q. Rich, Malik Rose, etc.):

"Always miserable," Kurt Thomas once said of Marbury, who came to New York as surly as advertised.

"For a while, no one would talk to Steph when he came into the locker room," said one Knick. "He was being very quiet."

Keith Van Horn, Michael Doleac, Tim Thomas, Shandon Anderson, and David Lee all played/play good with him. I think #2 on your list is a big part of his problem, most top point guards would not be able to turn this team around. Tony Parker, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, none of them could get this group of clowns to the playoffs. Chris Paul has arguably become the most complete point guard in the NBA and I think he is the only point guard that could get the knicks back into the playoffs and it would still be a struggle. With Nate really startin to play well Marbury doesnt have to play as many minutes and I think they should let his contract run out. You add shooting and defense to this team and they could be dangerous with Marbury as the point guard. He has some trade value. I think teams are aware that he can still play and he would make a nice addition to any team in need of a starting point guard.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Keith Van Horn, Michael Doleac, Tim Thomas, Shandon Anderson, and David Lee all played/play good with him. I think #2 on your list is a big part of his problem, most top point guards would not be able to turn this team around. Tony Parker, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, none of them could get this group of clowns to the playoffs. Chris Paul has arguably become the most complete point guard in the NBA and I think he is the only point guard that could get the knicks back into the playoffs and it would still be a struggle. With Nate really startin to play well Marbury doesnt have to play as many minutes and I think they should let his contract run out. You add shooting and defense to this team and they could be dangerous with Marbury as the point guard. He has some trade value. I think teams are aware that he can still play and he would make a nice addition to any team in need of a starting point guard.

You make a good point. I would probably be fine letting him play out his contract. It's only one more year, and like you said, nobody is leading this bunch of clowns anywhere. Trade the remainder of the starting 5 for expiring contracts and draft picks and let Marbury's huge salary come off the books at the end of next year. I still doubt anybody will take Marbury though. He has a bad reputation, deserved or not. The only time I can see somebody trading for Marbury is at the trade deadline next year, when his contract is expiring. But that would mean the Knicks would be taking on more salary and that defeats the whole purpose of holding onto Marbury. I still think for the Knicks and for Marbury, a buy out is probably the best option.

metrocard

Legend
What do Gill, Q-Rich, Rose have in common? Low quality NBA players.

Kurt Thomas did a lot for the Knicks so I don't say anything about him.

Martin is a BUST.

"ETC" means nothing, your list ends there.

So who gives a DAMN if they like Marbury? No one of them has helped us win any games, where as Marbury took this team to the playoffs. Thats the difference. Marbury and Kurt Thomas had great chemistry on the court. Off the court, its whatever.

LJ4ptplay, being a guy in the middle of no where in Colorado, where do you get your sources that Marbury is "untradable?"

He's a top 10-15 PPG when starting, at his best play he's capable of going around top 7-8. Any team in need of a point guard would acquire Marbury. Scoring 20 PPG 8 assist and playing defense under a coach who has a real gameplan and uses Marbury to his abilities instead of limiting them; I can't see who can agrue Marbury playing at that level isn't a capable PG. Right now, Marbury is an awful situation with a knucklehead running things.

Another reason why Stephon can be used as trade bait is real simple. He has ONE YEAR left on his deal. If a team is looking to get under the cap, Stephon's contract is very desirable.

So you're totally wrong in the post in general for leaving out these two important facts that make Marbury a trade asset.

Marbury atleast is the only guy on this roster who took our Knicks to the playoffs. Every other guy on this team has been straight up losers. So Marbury has proven he's capable of doing it by himself(not much help with Anderson in the back court). Crawford and Curry were given much more freedom than Marbury and failed completely.

"The sooner Isiah is fired, Marbury is bought out and the entire starting five is traded for expiring contracts and draft picks, the sooner the Knicks can begin heading in the right direction."

Really man, that was well said, I've been saying this for years but now its too late to realize this. I've been down with this plan since the day we traded Ewing.

Buying out Marbury is a foolish GM move; he has trade value which is why he hasn't been bought out yet. I guess we can trade him for a nice draft pick and a contract that expires the same year(thats what we're hoping now)

I've been preaching for the right direction for years; been bashed by Isiahsexuals and people who felt like my ideas were too extreme at the time and I was foreseeing too much negative. I guess its just too late now since the damage has been done already.

Last edited:

Martin is a BUST.

So who gives a DAMN if they like Marbury? No one of them has helped us win any games, where as Marbury took this team to the playoffs. Thats the difference. Marbury and Kurt Thomas had great chemistry on the court. Off the court, its whatever.

KG, Amare Stoudamire and Shawn Marion hated Marbury to bro. Also K-Mart is far from a bust, his career has just been derailed by injuries (he also had a propensity for getting hurt in college which makes you wonder how he got drafted #1 in the first place). Lastly, to defend Marbury by using he led us to the playoffs as a part of your defense is silly. They were the 8th seed in a terrible eastern conference (one that's even worse then this years) and were humiliated by the Nets in 4 straight.

I guess we can trade him for a nice draft pick and a contract that expires the same year(thats what we're hoping now)

Yeah like that's gonna happen.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Martin is a BUST.

LJ4ptplay, being a guy in the middle of no where in Colorado, where do you get your sources that Marbury is "untradable?"

He's a top 10-15 PPG when starting, at his best play he's capable of going around top 7-8. Any team in need of a point guard would acquire Marbury. Scoring 20 PPG 8 assist and playing defense under a coach who has a real gameplan and uses Marbury to his abilities instead of limiting them; I can't see who can agrue Marbury playing at that level isn't a capable PG. Right now, Marbury is an awful situation with a knucklehead running things.

Another reason why Stephon can be used as trade bait is real simple. He has ONE YEAR left on his deal. If a team is looking to get under the cap, Stephon's contract is very desirable.

So you're totally wrong in the post in general for leaving out these two important facts that make Marbury a trade asset.

Marbury atleast is the only guy on this roster who took our Knicks to the playoffs. Every other guy on this team has been straight up losers. So Marbury has proven he's capable of doing it by himself(not much help with Anderson in the back court). Crawford and Curry were given much more freedom than Marbury and failed completely.

"The sooner Isiah is fired, Marbury is bought out and the entire starting five is traded for expiring contracts and draft picks, the sooner the Knicks can begin heading in the right direction."

Really man, that was well said, I've been saying this for years but now its too late to realize this. I've been down with this plan since the day we traded Ewing.

Buying out Marbury is a foolish GM move; he has trade value which is why he hasn't been bought out yet. I guess we can trade him for a nice draft pick and a contract that expires the same year(thats what we're hoping now)

I've been preaching for the right direction for years; been bashed by Isiahsexuals and people who felt like my ideas were too extreme at the time and I was foreseeing too much negative. I guess its just too late now since the damage has been done already.

Lebron James has already publically stated that he doesn't want Marbury on his team. That says a lot about Marbury,when a team desperate for a "top 10-15 PG" has their star player saying he doesn't want him. When a good PG could push that team back into contention again. Sometimes locker room chemistry can reflect onto court chemistry and can be as valuable as overall talent.

Taking a team to a 41-43 record and barely making the playoffs, and then getting swept by a team that went to back-to-back final appearences because of Marbury's departure is hardly a good argument to keep Marbury. That NJ team was virtually identical to the team Marbury had.

I do agree with you about his trade value due to his expiring contract. And that is the only reason Marbury has value. If he was so valuable because of his talent (and I agree with you, he can be a very talented PG), and it is well known that he is tradeable, then why aren't we hearing about many offers for Marbury? There are a lot of teams that could use a PG. Instead, we hear about trade rumors for an injured Mike Bibby, and Jason Kidd. At this point, I think teams believe the "risk is greater than the reward" when it comes to Marbury.

KG, Amare Stoudamire and Shawn Marion hated Marbury to bro. Also K-Mart is far from a bust, his career has just been derailed by injuries (he also had a propensity for getting hurt in college which makes you wonder how he got drafted #1 in the first place). Lastly, to defend Marbury by using he led us to the playoffs as a part of your defense is silly. They were the 8th seed in a terrible eastern conference (one that's even worse then this years) and were humiliated by the Nets in 4 straight.

Thank you. Sometimes I feel that GetRealistic and myself are the only ones on this site that don't like Marbury.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Why don't you make up a list of everyone Marbury has played with and claim everyone on that list supposedly "hates" them. You really have no legit in source thats relevant to this conversation.

Let me give you a story; Leandro Barbosa was one of my favorite rookies coming into the NBA(too bad he didn't fall to us in the 2nd round), therefor I followed him precisely. When he went to the Suns, he didn't know English and didn't know how to play PG being a SG most of his life in Brazil. Marbury bought Barbosa new car and took him under his wing and really was like a big brother to Barbosa. When Marbury was traded, Barbosa cried and was upset about it for the whole season. This is one story that shows the connection Marbury can have with a teammate and kind of person he CAN be when bullshit is flying in the air.

Lets go back to the Knicks, another story.
Lee, Frye, and Robinson's rookie years. This was the year in the NBA the new dress policy was very strict, remember? Marbury went out of his way and bought the three rookies new fly suits so Marbury can make it easier for them as former college kids to adjust to the rule. Marbury obviously showed in Phoneix and New York he has a lot of compassion for his teammates and wants the best for them. So I really find it mostly bullshit that Stephon becomes this locker room demon out of all no where and you pull 200 random names out of your ass giving this bullshit theory that Marbury is terrorizing locker rooms.

K-Mart is far from a bust you say, but you just pointed to one of the reason's why he became a bust. Nice contradictions. Next time avoid a contradiction, they're embarrassing and hard to even defend yourself on. Even when K-Mart was healthy, he was GOOD at best, never All Star good. 16 ppg and 7 rebounds. Like a lesser Joe Smith who's also consider a huge bust. Being ignory is prone is one of the best attributes of a BUST. K-Martin wasn't conditioned well enough thats why he was so injury prone, a lot of talent but not good enough training to stay healthy. He's a 6"8 PF with no post game and is turnover prone. At best he was 16 ppg, mostly alleys oops with Kidd. What is he doing in Denver?, nothing a whole lot.

You saying something with no base of facts is really "original", thanks for your opinion though. Let me know when you want to back it up with facts, till then its a very weak one.

I'll throw a couple of fun stuff at you could learn and understand to be less ignorant on Marbury.

We averaged 92 points per game, but only gave up 93 points per game. (This was probably better when Marbury came here since we went 23-19 with his arrival)

Our line up was suppose to be

Marbury
Houston
Tiny Tim
Thomas
Mutumbo

But it ended up being

Marbury
Anderson
TT
KT
Naz

We had major injuries coming into the playoffs. If you're a Knick fan you would of remember Allan Houston breaking down and the rest of the guys banged up. Plus, wasn't that the year the Nets went to the Finals? Nets were no joke, the Eastern Conference wasn't that bad.

So that season we were 23-19 with Marbury and 16-24 before Marbury came.

That season I was MAD hyped. I felt like we had something going and all we NEEDED was another big man that can rebound and block consistant and a shooter to compliment Marbury. Isiah went out of his way and did the complete opposite, understand?

Don't forget, not too long ago Marbury was the 2nd best PG in the NBA in 2003-04.

Stephon Marbury was the only NBA player to rank among League?s Top 20 in scoring (15th with 20.2 ppg)
assists (8.9 apg, second to Jason Kidd's 9.2)
steals (15th with 1.59 spg)
assist-to-turnover ratio (tied for 11th with 2.89)
Steph led the NBA in total assists (719).

Isiah is a complete asshate for not rebuilding this squad about Marbury. When someone has a season like that, you reward them as the GM by acquiring players that would compliment a guy like Steph.

Once we traded for Jamal, I knew we were heading a bad direction.

I also understand at this point Marbury has no future for the Knicks, everything has been tainted, the best for us and the team is for everyone to be cut loose except David Lee and Balkman, very cliche right? But its the reality. Isiah has done enough damage in NYC and fooled a lot of people, especially Isiahsexuals; probably with his best concept of using Marbury as the scapegoat, ironically when Marbury led this team to the best season since 2000. Its kinda sad to know we'll have have two good teams in the 00's. What a wasted decade.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Lebron James has already publically stated that he doesn't want Marbury on his team. That says a lot about Marbury,when a team desperate for a "top 10-15 PG" has their star player saying he doesn't want him. When a good PG could push that team back into contention again. Sometimes locker room chemistry can reflect onto court chemistry and can be as valuable as overall talent.

Taking a team to a 41-43 record and barely making the playoffs, and then getting swept by a team that went to back-to-back final appearences because of Marbury's departure is hardly a good argument to keep Marbury. That NJ team was virtually identical to the team Marbury had.

I do agree with you about his trade value due to his expiring contract. And that is the only reason Marbury has value. If he was so valuable because of his talent (and I agree with you, he can be a very talented PG), and it is well known that he is tradeable, then why aren't we hearing about many offers for Marbury? There are a lot of teams that could use a PG. Instead, we hear about trade rumors for an injured Mike Bibby, and Jason Kidd. At this point, I think teams believe the "risk is greater than the reward" when it comes to Marbury.

Thank you. Sometimes I feel that GetRealistic and myself are the only ones on this site that don't like Marbury.

No you guys aren't the only ones here that don't like "Starbury." I have been fighting the good fight against "Starbury" here since LB was coaching. But you are not gonna win the arguement because you are into with New Yorkers have been brainwashed by the legend of "Starbury." The rest of us Knicks fans that are not native New Yorkers can see "Starbury" for what he is: an overpaid, selfish player. He may be the "best" player on the team. So what if you are the "best" player on a team that is 8--24??? And you are supposed to be reppin' you hometown and you quit on your own team ?? Forget about what other players around the league are saying what about your own "teamates" voted and don't want to play with you??? And you are the highest paid player on the team and supposed to be a team leader???? Please. You are not gonna win any arguement with the "Starbury" lovers because they know so much basketball and will throw stat after stat at you about how great "Starbury" is. Meanwhile the Knicks keep on losing....