Trade Crawford and 6th pick for

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Homtheaterguy, your response was getting good untill you mention trading for the NBA League Player Snitch (Josh Howard). There isn't a player in the league right now that wants Howard as a teammate.
I have to be honest, I'm not really sure what you are referring too. I think Josh Howard is a tremendous talent and is the type of player that the Knicks need. As far as Howard being a "snitch", that is something that I wouldn't worry about. If a team in wining then I am sure all the stars will align for everyone.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Zach Randolph has top 15 talent but hes not a top 15 power forward. His talent wont get him anywhere unless he stops jackin up shots when being triple teamed, cuts back on stupid turnovers, plays less selfish, puts in effort on defense, and works on his conditioning.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Zach Randolph has top 15 talent but hes not a top 15 power forward. His talent wont get him anywhere unless he stops jackin up shots when being triple teamed, cuts back on stupid turnovers, plays less selfish, puts in effort on defense, and works on his conditioning.

Zach is very talented but he has many draw backs that over shadow his high points.
1) He is a flat footed player - He is not agile or fluid, so this will not be a good fit for a run and gun offense (If D'Antoni implements it).
2) He will take his shot regardless of the situation or location on the court
3) He does not defend his man at all!
4) Rarely passes the ball, the ball just dies when he touches it as well as the motion of the offense
5) Despite averaging a double - double in scoring and rebounding, he gives up as many points as he scores and is a momentum killer.

Randolph needs to be on a team that plays a half court game and like to keep the tempo to a crawl. He wants to be the #1 option at all times so you can not have other players that like to score on the court with him.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Duncan
Garnett
O'Neill
Odom
Jamison
Boozer
Aldridge
Stoudimire
Kirilenko
Okafor
Harrington
David West
Chris Bosh
Al Horford
Jason Maxiell
David Lee > Randolph

Stop sucking.

say no more, u a hater, like the other dude said, there might be 15 other PFs i rather based off the salary he makes but off pure skills??no way, aldridge is not better than randolph, kirilenko is not even a PF, okafor is not reliable(good defender but thats about it), jason maxiell is not better than randolph, david lee is not yet better than randolph, al harrington is not better than zach, odom is not a PF either, and injuries slowed down jermaine oneal so i dont know about that one either

Kiyaman

Legend
Could anyone actually see Crawford in coach D'Antoni system in Phoenix?
Crawford's 8 to 12 seconds meaningless cross-over dribbling, no passing skillz, afraid to drive, plus every jumpshot he have to put the ball on the floor first.
Could anyone imagine Crawford in Phoenix walking the ball up court?

It has been so plain to see after 4 years that Crawford and Marbury career performance has never found a NBA player they could co-exist with in the backcourt.
Look how many years these two guys been in the league and has yet to make any of their teammates talents improve or have any kind of chemistry with teammates after playing two or more seasons with.

Both players should be traded imediately by any new President or G.M. that knows anything about NBA Ball.

I want OJ Mayo to replace Crawford, I dont want to see both on the court as teammates. Last year I wanted Demetris Nichols to replace Crawford.

Knick-Fans dont want to admit that the 33, 23, 33, and 23 win seasons is all Marbury & Crawford's doing. Their teammates dont want to play with them leading the point.
And who in their right mind would want Zach Randolph as a teammate.
You bust your chops to score and take the lead, and 5 second later you see Zach letting his man score on him at will to take the lead back.
Imagine Zach in Phoenix under coach D'Antoni system, he cant finish on any fastbreak.
If you were playing a 3 on 3 in the park for $5. dollars a man, and you had Zach Randolph as your bigman teammate, you would make him pay you back your $5. dollars because all your oponents points were probably scored on Zach.

metrocard

Legend
say no more, u a hater, like the other dude said, there might be 15 other PFs i rather based off the salary he makes but off pure skills??no way, aldridge is not better than randolph, kirilenko is not even a PF, okafor is not reliable(good defender but thats about it), jason maxiell is not better than randolph, david lee is not yet better than randolph, al harrington is not better than zach, odom is not a PF either, and injuries slowed down jermaine oneal so i dont know about that one either

Okafor is the superior talent compared to Randolph. Superior defender and rebounder, two most important things you want out of your big man. You would rather have Radolph over Okafor, especially since we're needy in post defense?

David Lee is the best big man on this team right now, his contributions cannot be matched.

Maxiell is a defensive wizard, a rebounding machine, and he has moves offensively. He's the type of guy that could average big numbers and better numbers than Randolph if given the minutes.

An injured O'Neil > Randolph, stop playing yourself.

Odom is playing PF in LA, he's too slow to play SF. Gasol is the center, Walton is the SF.

Kirilenko plays a lot of minutes at PF. Even with his downfall in his career, his all around GAME > Randolph.

I clearly stated Randolph isn't a top 10 player at his position. I made a list of 14-16 years to back that up.

Kiyaman, I agree, but you need to understand we need to KEEP Marbury. Its not a necessity to try to move right so urgently. Its meaningless since he's an expiring contract. Marbury is a veteran PG who's still productive, along with the fact he's the best guard on the team. He has value despite what the media tells you. Marbury's downfall was his collision with two hard headed coaches like Brown and Thomas. Marbury knows everything about D'Antoni, D'Antoni was an assistant for the Suns when Stephon was staring for them. They should get a long fine and we should expect a productive season from Marbury.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Zach is very talented but he has many draw backs that over shadow his high points.
1) He is a flat footed player - He is not agile or fluid, so this will not be a good fit for a run and gun offense (If D'Antoni implements it).
2) He will take his shot regardless of the situation or location on the court
3) He does not defend his man at all!
4) Rarely passes the ball, the ball just dies when he touches it as well as the motion of the offense
5) Despite averaging a double - double in scoring and rebounding, he gives up as many points as he scores and is a momentum killer.

Randolph needs to be on a team that plays a half court game and like to keep the tempo to a crawl. He wants to be the #1 option at all times so you can not have other players that like to score on the court with him.

I agree, i wasnt tryna defend him. Its clear to see hes got talent to put up the numbers he does without jumping, but his weaknesses cancel out his talent. On my list of players who need to be traded from the knicks, hes third after curry (1st) and crawnerd (2nd).

Paul1355

All Star
Isiah for all his flaws has done a great deal right!! He got a really raw deal here!! He brought home Stephon !!

Didnt work but when it happened everyone thought it would!! Same with Larry Brown!!

Of coarse nothing he did for us seems to have panned out but in time I think we will see how he has helped!

And he made a killing in that CBA deal so that league will go under so that the D league can rise!! He is a smarter person then people give him credit for!!

Isiah's flaws make his accomplishments non-existent...he ruined this Knicks team in thinking he could be GM and Coach he blew at both, had no command of his players, made the knicks look horrible not only on the court but off the court, is known to me as the worst GM of all time..Jeffries 5 Mil a year? Malik is making i think 7 or 8 Million this year...Q- Rich is making 8 Mil...a waste, he wasted the knicks money knowing he'd still sell out every game even if he made bad moves...i hope he's a good scout because the guys he traded for have no potential what so ever...did i forget Jerome James? Your paying him 5 Mil a year just play him a little bit hes a 7'1 center the knicks had no one playing center just play the frigin guy see if he can block a few he use to have good post moves i mean he played 2 minutes in the whole season a waste of money in general and just an emarissment to the NBA honestly. And after a win he'd always talk in a press conference saying that he's very happy with the team and that they're on the right foot...when have they ever been good with Isiah there? When players don't respect you and when Stephon black mails you, you know you have coaching problems. Maybe he made contributions towards the D League but I'm a KNicks fan and I want the contributions towards this Knicks team in the NBA and he made NONE. Bringing home stephon so that you can have the biggest Coach/player scandal in basketball and make your team look like a circuis off the court. Yea THANKS ISIAH THOMAS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS...sorry person I just don't agree with you at all not trying to sound like a jackass i just hated Thomas for ruining this team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Okafor is the superior talent compared to Randolph. Superior defender and rebounder, two most important things you want out of your big man. You would rather have Radolph over Okafor, especially since we're needy in post defense?

David Lee is the best big man on this team right now, his contributions cannot be matched.

Maxiell is a defensive wizard, a rebounding machine, and he has moves offensively. He's the type of guy that could average big numbers and better numbers than Randolph if given the minutes.

An injured O'Neil > Randolph, stop playing yourself.

Odom is playing PF in LA, he's too slow to play SF. Gasol is the center, Walton is the SF.

Kirilenko plays a lot of minutes at PF. Even with his downfall in his career, his all around GAME > Randolph.

I clearly stated Randolph isn't a top 10 player at his position. I made a list of 14-16 years to back that up.

Kiyaman, I agree, but you need to understand we need to KEEP Marbury. Its not a necessity to try to move right so urgently. Its meaningless since he's an expiring contract. Marbury is a veteran PG who's still productive, along with the fact he's the best guard on the team. He has value despite what the media tells you. Marbury's downfall was his collision with two hard headed coaches like Brown and Thomas. Marbury knows everything about D'Antoni, D'Antoni was an assistant for the Suns when Stephon was staring for them. They should get a long fine and we should expect a productive season from Marbury.

My confidence in President Donnie Walsh is very low for the fact of J.O'Neal statement on the USA Team when he found out that Pacer coach Isiah Thomas was FIRED.
Walsh could'nt trade J.O'Neal & Tinsley, but had no problems trading all the Pacers best players.

This offseason alot of NBA teams who are looking for an experience PG, plus to get under the salary cap by 2010 (which is alot of managements plans), will mention Marbury name in a trade with Donnie Walsh.
Walsh will say Zach Randolph on the phone and the next team will say we will take Marbury off your hands. Its the samething that happen when Walsh was trying to trade J.O'Neal, but every team wanted Steven Jackson.

Kiyaman

Legend
Well, the Polls are in after the workouts.
OJ Mayo is "NBA Ready" and will be the 3rd pick in the draft.
If OJ Mayo isnt the 3rd pick this will be Keven Mchale last season with the Wolves. Especially if KG gets the MVP-Ring with the Celtics after 12 seasons under Mchale management.

It's up to Donnie Walsh now, to talk that talk by offering the Wolves Jamal Crawford and the 6th pick for OJ Mayo and ???

Crawford was a great asset this year, but you have to weight his value to that of say someone like O.J Mayo, we can't think of it as individual incidents, put them together and its a good deal.