Knicks to visit Duhon

BleedOrangeAndBlue

Benchwarmer
All ya talking about hinrich his contract is bad, duhon is the best decision he got defense defense defense oh yea and he could shoot and pass

moneyg

Starter
All ya talking about hinrich his contract is bad, duhon is the best decision he got defense defense defense oh yea and he could shoot and pass

i would like the pickup. i'd like to have both to be honest with u. kirk's contract is not that bad if u can get rid of zach and pick up gooden as well:smokin:

duhon is probably the best answer... a short term fix and a better future backup than mardy collins...
however i would be disappointed to see us buy out marbury... you cant be telling me we cant trade him for anyhting... he is still a skillful pg
maybe we can get sum expiring or one moe year contracts and a 1st round draft pick

TunerAddict

Starter
Nate and Q are better than that

Meh. I was excited when we got Q, but he hasn't met my expectations. He has shown glimpses of offense and defense, but they've been overshadowed by his usual lack of both and the constant injuries.

metrocard

Legend
Duhon is overrated and was the reason why Bulls stayed so mediocre and just terrible.

He can defend, but thats it. He shouldn't be getting no more than 15 minutes for a competitive basketball team.

Pricey

Rotation player
I liked Duhon cause he was a Duke boy (Duke fan) but he is a bench player at best. Hopefully this wouldnt be viewed as a starting PG in years to come.

Paul1355

All Star
The Knicks are planning on bringing in former Bulls point guard Chris Duhon for a free agent visit. Duhon is cheap, pass first, solid defender and not Stephon Marbury.

The article does say that it is obvious the Knicks will buy Marbury out after finding another guard.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=429408

duhon seems like a solid player and i like his assist to turnover ratio in only a career 25 min per game average. Is a good backup and with work maybe start never know.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Duhon really is a great back up pg, but he never got the time behind kirk and ben gordon, he was even forced to play shooting guard when gordon was in foul trouble or when gordon had horrible stretches. i think he will do well in new york....he reminds me of charlie ward in a way, several teams are also looking to get chris.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Knicks look toward Chris Duhon at point guard to help backcourt
0Speak Out
July 1
New York Daily News
"Looking to add a point guard on the cheap, the Knicks went into the start of free agency at 12:01 a.m. Monday targeting Chris Duhon, who has been a backup with the Bulls during his first four NBA seasons. The Knicks are expected to offer Duhon a two-year deal worth roughly half of the mid-level exception, totaling around $6 million, according to NBA sources. A playmaker who has struggled with his shooting going all the way back to his days at Duke, Duhon averaged 5.8 points on 39% last season for the Bulls."

Knicks and Nets Plan to Save for the Future
0Speak Out
July 1
New York Times

"As midnight struck on the final day of June, dozens of players spilled into the market, and the Nets and the Knicks began pondering a free-agent bonanza. They only have to wait 24 more months to start spending. The Nets and the Knicks will be active, but with severe, self-imposed restraints. Both teams are trying to conserve salary-cap room for 2010 and the greatest free-agent class in recent memory. LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire could all be available."

from pro sports daily,
this is why we should not sign any big contracts, nor look for a quick fix.....dantoni knows a key factor in superstar satisfaction, and that is winning pieces, we need just enough for king james to say i can take this team all the way.

July 1
New York Post

"Wearing a red Team USA polo shirt at an Olympic function at The Plaza yesterday, Mike D'Antoni put on his Knicks hat in declaring the team's biggest need is backcourt help, with free agency dawning today. D'Antoni, a U.S. Olympic assistant coach this summer, also supported David Lee, saying he would "love" to coach him next season but admitted Lee is the subject of trade talks. Unrestricted free agent Beno Udrih of Sacramento, Golden State restricted free agent Monta Ellis and Raymond Felton are their top point guard targets, but that may be shooting too high, considering the Knicks' new cap restrictions. Trade options include the Bulls' Kirk Hinrich and Memphis' Mike Conley and Kyle Lowry.

Last edited:

dre48ny

Rotation player
Knicks look toward Chris Duhon at point guard to help backcourt
0Speak Out
July 1
New York Daily News
"Looking to add a point guard on the cheap, the Knicks went into the start of free agency at 12:01 a.m. Monday targeting Chris Duhon, who has been a backup with the Bulls during his first four NBA seasons. The Knicks are expected to offer Duhon a two-year deal worth roughly half of the mid-level exception, totaling around $6 million, according to NBA sources. A playmaker who has struggled with his shooting going all the way back to his days at Duke, Duhon averaged 5.8 points on 39% last season for the Bulls."

Knicks and Nets Plan to Save for the Future
0Speak Out
July 1
New York Times
"As midnight struck on the final day of June, dozens of players spilled into the market, and the Nets and the Knicks began pondering a free-agent bonanza. They only have to wait 24 more months to start spending. The Nets and the Knicks will be active, but with severe, self-imposed restraints. Both teams are trying to conserve salary-cap room for 2010 and the greatest free-agent class in recent memory. LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and Amare Stoudemire could all be available."

from pro sports daily,
this is why we should not sign any big contracts, nor look for a quick fix.....dantoni knows a key factor in superstar satisfaction, and that is winning pieces, we need just enough for king james to say i can take this team all the way.

July 1
New York Post
"Wearing a red Team USA polo shirt at an Olympic function at The Plaza yesterday, Mike D'Antoni put on his Knicks hat in declaring the team's biggest need is backcourt help, with free agency dawning today. D'Antoni, a U.S. Olympic assistant coach this summer, also supported David Lee, saying he would "love" to coach him next season but admitted Lee is the subject of trade talks. Unrestricted free agent Beno Udrih of Sacramento, Golden State restricted free agent Monta Ellis and Raymond Felton are their top point guard targets, but that may be shooting too high, considering the Knicks' new cap restrictions. Trade options include the Bulls' Kirk Hinrich and Memphis' Mike Conley and Kyle Lowry.

Duhon is not a great shooter, but his defense is good. That contract is very appealing. 2 years @ 6 mil, that's great!! Why cut Marbury though? They still have to pay him. Why not let him play it out and if he doesn't work out, make a move and cut him.

metrocard

Legend
Hes better then any alternative on this roster right now.

Chris Duhon is the Ben Wallace of PG's. His offense is god awful.

Marbury, Robinson, and Crawford would be better fits in the system, plus they're better players.

I'm sure we could find better options out there. Donny shouldn't sell his ass for a guy like Duhon.