There are actually teams that Want Zach!

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
I think we just have to be patient we are in this mess because of Isiah trying to save his job and not having a clue on running anything basketball related except for the point.We have a guy in charge who has built a great reputation in the league and a coach who has built a great reputation with the players around the league what more could we ask for.If we just give it time and accept rebuilding we will be back but we have to first accept where this team is and realize you become good from the draft and you have to get some early round picks so if we do not have a great year I am fine with that as long as we have guys out there playing hard and we get a real idea about who is a keeper and who is not none of us can really tell just what these players on this team have to offer because our last two coaches had there own agenda and could care less about this teams future only there own succes immediatley.So be patient deals will get done and players who dont belong will be gone just wait it out if not today teams get very desperete at the trade deadline and maybe by then some of these players will show more in Dantonis system and give us a little leverage if Ben Wallace can be traded with his horriable contract at the deadline anything is possiable.We will clear out space for real players and we might not get Lebron but there will be plenty of talent out there to improve this team.All I can say is that for anybody who remembers that Saturday afternoon we got Childs LJ and Houston remember how great that was if where patient we can get that winning feeling again.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I know most people won't agree with me, but that's fine. Zach Randolph is only a very small reason for why the Knicks finished 23-59 last season. Isiah Thomas, Jim Dolan, Eddy Curry, and Quentin Richardson did much more harm to the team than Randolph. He's only been with the Knicks for 1 year, so it's impossible for him to be the main or even one of the main reasons for why the team continues to lose. Yes, he's not a team player, and I hate his defense. But he's a top 10 power forward in this league(I'd put him at 9 or 10). Teams win by getting quality players. Randolph is not a scrub. If they trade him and keep Eddy Curry, it'll do more harm than good. Curry is a bigtime liability, and I think he's 20% of why the Knicks were losing games last year. He has no presence on defense, on the rebounds, at the free throw line, and he doesn't know how to pass out of double teams. He's also foul prone and turnover prone. Eddy Curry has about 10 more weaknesses to his game than Randolph. So if the Knicks wanna trade Zach and keep Curry, prepare for another 23-59 season. The only way I would consider trading Randolph, if I was Donnie Walsh is if I also got rid of Eddy Curry, or if a team is dumb enough to give us draft picks for Randolph, which I don't think any team other than the Timberwolves and Pacers(Walsh has connections with them) is that stupid.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I know most people won't agree with me, but that's fine. Zach Randolph is only a very small reason for why the Knicks finished 23-59 last season. Isiah Thomas, Jim Dolan, Eddy Curry, and Quentin Richardson did much more harm to the team than Randolph. He's only been with the Knicks for 1 year, so it's impossible for him to be the main or even one of the main reasons for why the team continues to lose. Yes, he's not a team player, and I hate his defense. But he's a top 10 power forward in this league(I'd put him at 9 or 10). Teams win by getting quality players. Randolph is not a scrub. If they trade him and keep Eddy Curry, it'll do more harm than good. Curry is a bigtime liability, and I think he's 20% of why the Knicks were losing games last year. He has no presence on defense, on the rebounds, at the free throw line, and he doesn't know how to pass out of double teams. He's also foul prone and turnover prone. Eddy Curry has about 10 more weaknesses to his game than Randolph. So if the Knicks wanna trade Zach and keep Curry, prepare for another 23-59 season. The only way I would consider trading Randolph, if I was Donnie Walsh is if I also got rid of Eddy Curry, or if a team is dumb enough to give us draft picks for Randolph, which I don't think any team other than the Timberwolves and Pacers(Walsh has connections with them) is that stupid.

great point i totally agree with you Randolph isnt the only reason why we sucked yes i want him to leave but he isnt the only one Curry must go too he has no work ethic and plays soft and no heart whatsoever and Crawford is a chuck so we should make getting rid of them a goal for this off-season if we go into next year with only one id like our chances better than having all 3...Crawford should be packaged with a couple other players to golden state for Ellis in a sign and trade

mrkyll

Rookie

Man, this was an excellent post...and not because I happen to agree 100%!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Good analogy, Do you think D'Antoni will play all his young guys right away?

When Curry becomes a decent passer, then those good shooters will be utilized.

I don't think Curry would pass the ball on a team with Nash, Allen, Peja, Lewis, Dirk.

True Curry is not a passer, but with shooters on the floor a wing player has to stay at home, and can not begin to sag off their man before Curry catches the ball. If you have Jared Jefferies on the wing you can sag way off of him until in anticipation of Doubling Curry, now with a shooter you have to stay at home until the ball is in the post. Now ofcourse if Curry could pass things would really open up, but his post play alone is still somewhat of an asset to us.

crawford is one of the appropriate contracts on our team...leads the team in points nad assists and makes 8 mil....y is his contract a problem? we need to get rid of jerome james contract, malik rose contrat, q. rich contract...they all make more or just as much as crawford and they dont contribute anything. Jamaal will fare well in coach D's new system, i can say that because i see the way mick coaches and the way crawford plays... even if we keep crawford as a back up or adjust the time so he plays less minutes, or that he is never made to play point guard again....he can be an asset.

Really truth be told I like Jamal, but he is a nice trade chip. We need to get under the cap and players like Jerome James, and Jared Jefferies arent going anywhere! So when I mention Jamal, and even Zach it has nothing to do with their games. Now Q Rich would be a nice contract to move too, but his uninsured back makes that unrealistic. Plus we could get picks in return for Jamal.

I'm sorry to say this but Crawfords stats are a bit misleading to me, so even though he led the team in points and assist he is just not as valuable as his stats would suggest.

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
GS has cap room and if they are not able to sign elton Brand we should offer crawful and black holdolph for Monta and Al harrington and maybe even ask for a first rounder. They get the big man they covet and we get rid of him!

TunerAddict

Starter
My problem with Jamal is that his Basketball IQ is on par with that of Z-Bo's....They are both in the single digits.

Toons

is the Bo$$
GS has cap room and if they are not able to sign elton Brand we should offer crawful and black holdolph for Monta and Al harrington and maybe even ask for a first rounder. They get the big man they covet and we get rid of him!

not gonna happen....

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spknix055753272jul05,0,7555166.story

Just playing ABCD I know Zach has game. But it really does suprise me that teams are willing to take on his contract. Now this article gives no specific teams, nor does it say what teams are offering in return (if it's not an expiring or smaller contract there is no point) but it does suggest that teams are interested. I said this the other day that the loser of the Elton Brand sweepstakes should consider trading for Zach. I really thought Walsh was lying when he said that there was interest in othe players outside of Lee.

Again no disrespect to Zach's game but if we can move him then we do have a chance at fixing our cap situation. I think that the next contract that we should move would be Crawford's. Which may not be too hard, I would trade him for an expiring contract and a early first round pick (preferably in 2010) which I think given his scoring average most GM's would certainley consider.

Finally I would keep Eddy (I'll take the critical beatdown but hear me out first!). We all know everything Eddy is not, in fact he has been considered the Anti Dwight Howard, which I whole heartedly agree. He has never been in the physical shape of Dwight, will never block shots or defend like Howard, but he has a better offensive game, which is key given the type of coach we have. Now someone dumb is going to read this and suggest that I'm saying Eddy is better or more valuable to a team than Howard, but that's not what I'm saying at all. My point is simply that scoring Centers are hard to come by making Eddy a keeper for now with coach we have.

12 million for Duhon? i think Walsh took the advantage of Dolan's money a little but i guess he's a better fit then say Sebastian Telfar or any other available guard...the article says Marbury might be shipped...wont be surprised if shipped this year or stayed for one year. Zach should go for a Center...I like Curry but he cant survive 35 min a game he'll pass out...and a Center with Defense is huge...Should try getting a SG an C in any trade involving Marbury and Zach.

i would not trade marbury's contract unless you are getting draft picks and expiring contracts in return for two reasons... one he is a talented player and his expiring contract is very valuable since as it shows on espn the next two years free agent classes are loaded with players not just lebron and wade

zack i would try to use in a sign in trade for a young talent aka monta ellis
crawford might also be useful to use in this manor but if not needed then i would use crawford to aquire future picks in 09

right now young talent ,expiring contracts, and draft picks is what the knicks should focus on
like i mentioned the 09 and 10 free agent pools are loaded with star studded talent at nearly every position

and next years draft are packed with somewhere between 9 to 12 point guards 2 of which (ricky rubio and brandon jennings) in my mind will be bonafide stars one day as well as 3 or more star talent big guys... (bj mullens, blake, and greg monroe)

if we could rebuild the middle of our lineup now and work on the end of the lineup through the draft our team will be quickly rejuvinated

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I don't get how people think Zach has no value. My question to those cats are, when was the last time you averaged 20 PPG 10 RPG a game in the League? Yeah, he needs the right situation to flourish, but Zach is self made. He isn't the most physically imposing PF but has excellent post moves, 3Pt range, and a mid range jumper to keep defenders honest. If Zach develops a better attitude and learns to share the ball, he could be a Hall of Famer with his talents. He has to start winning a lot more too. That is why this guy is still sought after.

yeah agreed, if a team has enough cap space, and already has an all star on their team, then I dont see why they would turn down getting a talent like zach, I think its the players he is around. You never really hear team mates bashing zach as if they cant get along with him. Either that or hes strong arming them in the locker room to keep their mouths shut or his gangland friends from portland will take them out.