Pierce To Knicks: Dump Marbury

nyk_nyk

All Star
i hate seeing marbury compared to players like gilbert arenas and steve francis. They average around 5 assists for their careers. Marburys a playmaker...and a scorer. He can do both like Chris Paul. Just not to that extent but a younger marbury in terms of talent is the closest thing to chris paul. CP3 is marbury to a further extent...his passing and scoring are both better. But are you gonna tell me someone who averaged 8 assists a game as long as marbury did is not a point guard? Look at the trash he was playing with in New jersey. Keith van horn was his #1 option to pass to. Kenyon martin was a rookie and does anyone even know who johnny newman is? He averaged 7.6 assists per game with this group of lames. Its very unfair to compare the NJ nets that marbury played with to the group that jason kidd played with...k mart in his 2nd year and a rookie richard jefferson.

IN marburys 47 games with the knicks in the 2003-04 season he averaged 9.3 assists per game with a decent supporting cast at best. Just because he can score that doesnt mean hes not a point guard. If he has decent teammates he does a great job of settin them up. The problem is he hasnt had decent teammates the past couple of years.
That's why I said he's a hybrid, but more of a SG than PG. Sure he can average 8 assists, but he's eventually going to go into scoring mode whether his teamates are doing well offensively or not. That's just his natural basketball instincts.

pat

Starter
I don't think Paul has any intentions to recruit him.

Everyone grow up for a second and think like an adult.

If a rival team with a player that has feuded your team in the past, and is now a world champion as well as Finals MVP, calls you "Old and overpaid"; chances are he is talkin shit and is fueled by feeling vindicated by his recent accomplishments, thereby feeling the right to say whatever he wants truthfully when asked about a situation.

Pierce is just sayin what a lot of Knick fans knock on against keeping Stephon around.

Sometimes you guys read too into things. If an NBA player was to go home and ever peep some of these message boards, he would fall out of his chair laughing at you guys by seeing how ridicuolus things can get on the internet.

I would bet my life if you were to catch him at a bar tipsy in the middle of three blonde white chicks and ask him "Yo Paul, do you want Stephon on your team?" -You can guess for yourself what his answer will be...he'll probably laugh in your face and have more insults for the knicks.

He's insulting Marbury.

Thats all it comes down to.

That indeed seems to be the most likely background of this. Also I thought he wanted to move to Italy.

NYKnicks15

Starter
there is no doubt in my mind that the reason this got asked, leaked, reported or paul even made a comment on this supposed random question is so marbury will be cut. and sign with the celtics. plain and simple. i dont care what you say about marbury (like him or hate him) but he would give the C's another rings straight up.

New New York

Quiet Storm
In all honesty do you really think the Celtics would touch Marbury. For some reason i could see the Spurs (for some reason i remember hearing Duncan and Marbury were tight) pursuing him and deffinately Miami but i don't think the Celtics would touch him with a 10 foot pole. Didn't KG lay into Marbury after that blow out game?

Honestly yes! Although how disrespectful to Rondo that Pearce is lobbying for a PG. If we did buy him out, I think the Lakers would be a potential suitor, Kobe and Steph are pretty tight, and Steph already has a house in LA

Honestly yes! Although how disrespectful to Rondo that Pearce is lobbying for a PG. If we did buy him out, I think the Lakers would be a potential suitor, Kobe and Steph are pretty tight, and Steph already has a house in LA
There will be a group of team waiting to sign marbury. He still is a talented star that will bring a team to the next level. The new york knicks need to do the sensible thing and let his contract expire. If he plays well make him an offer for the next few years.

I'd just like..

To see Steph get a chance to play with talented players more than one year for once. Everywhere he goes he is by far the best player. If that ever evened out more, it would be insane to watch IMO.

Think about the bums he has played with in his career, and he still holds almost an 8 assists per game avg. Everyone says he makes no one better, but he how do you explain the 8 a game avg playing with bums?

The same things they said about KG, Pierce, and Allen, they say about Steph. You put them three together with a good system and they won a title.

The Knicks would be plain idiots to just let Steph go without compensation, but is holding onto Zach when he could be gone in a flash for compensation.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
there is no doubt in my mind that the reason this got asked, leaked, reported or paul even made a comment on this supposed random question is so marbury will be cut. and sign with the celtics. plain and simple. i dont care what you say about marbury (like him or hate him) but he would give the C's another rings straight up.

Are you insinuating that Marbury is not a leader? Why on earth wouldn't he help the Celtics get another ring? Be careful, you might be labeled as a hater.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
To see Steph get a chance to play with talented players more than one year for once. Everywhere he goes he is by far the best player. If that ever evened out more, it would be insane to watch IMO.

Think about the bums he has played with in his career, and he still holds almost an 8 assists per game avg. Everyone says he makes no one better, but he how do you explain the 8 a game avg playing with bums?

The same things they said about KG, Pierce, and Allen, they say about Steph. You put them three together with a good system and they won a title.

The Knicks would be plain idiots to just let Steph go without compensation, but is holding onto Zach when he could be gone in a flash for compensation.

This is a great post right here. Haterburys need to take notes on this

Paul1355

All Star
Paul Pierce is a bytch

Paul Peirce is a lil bytch that wants Marbury...isnt your team good enough? I'd love to see Stephon go there and cause clubhouse problems and F up the whole Celtics chemistry ahah shyt that would make my day. I was gonn write a post that curses out Peirce but i've said enough...I respect him for the way he did in the Champonship but this is a decieving statement. Paul Peirce can lick Steph's cock when they meet up after the Knicks waive Steph, then Pierce will be happy.