Knicks need Bigmen

Kiyaman

Legend
good points, but being that we ranked last in blocked shots, isn't Darko or any other Center that can block a need?

Absolutely, but I dont see the Knicks getting rid of Curry any time soon, so resigning PF-Lee, and adding a young C/F-Sean Williams or a young C/F-Joakim Noah to Dantoni system would be the right type of young Bigmen players to rebuild around a 16/6 Eddy Curry and a double-double David Lee.

This way SF-Chandler and SF-Gallinari would have great seasons dividing their attention more on scoring and assists then being reprimanded for All-Star Lebron & Peirce beating them off the dribble to run into our shotblocker.

I really dont mind about giving up a future first rounder (2011 or 2012) to take on Darko & Jaric, both players would only enhance the improvement of Curry, Lee, Gallo, and Chandler in each practice this season.
It's not like Walsh & Dantoni knows what to do with a first round draft pick anyway.

Paul1355

All Star
Absolutely, but I dont see the Knicks getting rid of Curry any time soon, so resigning PF-Lee, and adding a young C/F-Sean Williams or a young C/F-Joakim Noah to Dantoni system would be the right type of young Bigmen players to rebuild around a 16/6 Eddy Curry and a double-double David Lee.

This way SF-Chandler and SF-Gallinari would have great seasons dividing their attention more on scoring and assists then being reprimanded for All-Star Lebron & Peirce beating them off the dribble to run into our shotblocker.

I really dont mind about giving up a future first rounder (2011 or 2012) to take on Darko & Jaric, both players would only enhance the improvement of Curry, Lee, Gallo, and Chandler in each practice this season.
It's not like Walsh & Dantoni knows what to do with a first round draft pick anyway.
Atleast Donnie is keeping 1st round picks and not giving it away like Isiah did in the Curry trade. I think Donnie is making draft picks more valuable, being that one of our few bright spots has been our draft picks in David Lee and Wilson Chandler. Even though Lee was picked up via Phoenix in a trade, but still. Keeping a first round pick and only trading it for guys like Mayo or Conley from Memphis is smart and is good for the future. Being that we are guaranteed a lottery pick next year, that pick is more important. And the trade value of one of our picks is very high because we are not expected to have a winning season. Zach and a 1st round pick is too much for Darko and Jaric. That's my opinion.

And you said Walsh doesn't know what to do with picks either referring to trading picks or picking guys on draft day in general. Remeber he was booed by the Pacers fans for drafting Reggie Miller, and look how that turned out, this is why I am not worried about guys like Gallinari, unless he suddenly becomes injury prone, which i doubt.

Kiyaman

Legend
Atleast Donnie is keeping 1st round picks and not giving it away like Isiah did in the Curry trade. I think Donnie is making draft picks more valuable, being that one of our few bright spots has been our draft picks in David Lee and Wilson Chandler. Even though Lee was picked up via Phoenix in a trade, but still. Keeping a first round pick and only trading it for guys like Mayo or Conley from Memphis is smart and is good for the future. Being that we are guaranteed a lottery pick next year, that pick is more important. And the trade value of one of our picks is very high because we are not expected to have a winning season. Zach and a 1st round pick is too much for Darko and Jaric. That's my opinion.

And you said Walsh doesn't know what to do with picks either referring to trading picks or picking guys on draft day in general. Remeber he was booed by the Pacers fans for drafting Reggie Miller, and look how that turned out, this is why I am not worried about guys like Gallinari, unless he suddenly becomes injury prone, which i doubt.

How long ago Reggie Miller been retired now?
Well, I'll take the Donnie Walsh 16 years ago rather than this Geratol-Walsh.

CoolClyde

The Big Deal Kiyaman

:agreed:
haha!
this is a great post, K-man, and a good, focused thread. A BIG MAN is definitely greatest need NOW. I STILL wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for Darko/Marco, I just don't trust the serbs to contribute. nice quip, tho.

the only true Knicks big is Jerome James. Every other "big" is a forward/something. If JJ shows up healthy, will he play? makes me mad to see this dead wood on roster, yet it seems to echo the Dolan mentality of spending big money on half-a$$ed players, keeping them around instead of letting them go (JJ, Z-bo, Marbury, Isiah as prez/coach/scout). This team is a product of a lame businessman.

I have faith Don Walsh and D'Ant will do the right thing to free up huge contracts, roster space and go after the young big...

Coolclyde

Paul1355

All Star
How long ago Reggie Miller been retired now?
Well, I'll take the Donnie Walsh 16 years ago rather than this Geratol-Walsh.

Walsh explains in interviews about his past picks and that he has been booed and came out with a solid draft choice....hope Galllinari fits that list.

Kiyaman

Legend
Walsh explains in interviews about his past picks and that he has been booed and came out with a solid draft choice....hope Galllinari fits that list.

I recall some exciting players being on the Indiana Pacers in the last 32 years, but I also recall the Pacers never being a NBA competitive team untill Coach Larry Brown and Coach Larry Bird put them on the NBA competitive chart.
Both coaches quit too...